Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did the RB from Bytheville sign with anybody

Started by orgkeith, February 04, 2017, 09:05:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

orgkeith

Demekko Clark.  He, Monta Thomas and Desmond Jackson were the three fastest combine tested kids in Arkansas this year.  The other two signed with JC's.   

jgphillips3

Is he a preferred walk on possibility?  He's definitely a good athlete.  I know we have announced 3 so there should be at least one more available unless we already have 17 others on the team that is.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Desmond Jackson and Monta signed with the same Juco team.  Think Coffeyesville (sp)but could be wrong

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 06, 2017, 09:25:57 am
Desmond Jackson and Monta signed with the same Juco team.  Think Coffeyesville (sp)but could be wrong

monta signed with a juco in Miss

BoynamedWooPigSooie

It's a shame that Arkansas has never invested in football programs at the JUCO level.

The DII schools would take a hit for sure but it'd open a lot of doors for Arkansas kids if North Ark, Pulaski Tech, NWACC, Mid-South CC, SouthArk or SAU Tech, UAFS, and National Park CC had football programs to get these delta, LR and east arkansas athletes that can't qualify into a juco program close to home where they can at least attempt to get an education and further a football career.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

jjdlc

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 06, 2017, 03:31:56 pm
UAFS is a 4 year program, but yes I agree! At least if they just really built up Arkansas Baptist. It's in Little Rock, where there's not a football program. They could play at War Memorial, at least a game a year if there was a better/more consistent place to play.

Yep, UAFS is D2 now, it's hurt our basketball program to some degree losing a JUCO that produced some decent talent.

ChicoHog

Good points.  I think the JUCOs in Mississippi help out those schools and Memphis and other relatively close schools like the LA directional colleges.  It would be nice to see some JUCOs in Arkansas. 

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 06, 2017, 08:37:07 pm
Good points.  I think the JUCOs in Mississippi help out those schools and Memphis and other relatively close schools like the LA directional colleges.  It would be nice to see some JUCOs in Arkansas. 

I doubt very seriously that the 4 year colleges would like to see more JUCO's in Arkansas playing football and draining the higher education budget even further. It would be all well and good if they could pay it on their on, but we know that isn't possible. Now, it would be nice if Arkansas Baptist was a better option.

NotSoFastMyFriend

February 06, 2017, 09:55:23 pm #10 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:44:33 pm by NotSoFastMyFriend
Hear me out here:

What if AR HS eligibility standards were the same as NCAA qualification standards?

HardingHog

ricepig

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JNunn

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 06, 2017, 03:31:56 pm
UAFS is a 4 year program, but yes I agree! At least if they just really built up Arkansas Baptist. It's in Little Rock, where there's not a football program. They could play at War Memorial, at least a game a year if there was a better/more consistent place to play.

Arkansas Baptist does have a football program, it's just not as prominent as other JUCOs surrounding AR

JNunn

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 07, 2017, 07:28:43 pm
That's why I said I wish they would build it up, which would make it more likely to see a player end up playing for the Hogs. Gary Cross is a perfect example. Would have gotten and offer late and signed to UA if he would have been eligible. If AB were a good program, Hogs could have monitored it closer, etc. He just finished playing his SO year at Coffeyville I believe, and haven't heard anything regarding him. Back to my point though, Arkansas Baptist doesn't send many kids to D-1 and it would benefit a lot of kids in Arkansas if it were a better program.

My apologies, misunderstanding. I totally agree. If ABC or City of LR would help with resources, ABC could be a D-1 pipeline JUCO like Blinn, Coffeyville, MSGCC, and many others.

ricepig

Quote from: JNunn on February 07, 2017, 07:38:39 pm
My apologies, misunderstanding. I totally agree. If ABC or City of LR would help with resources, ABC could be a D-1 pipeline JUCO like Blinn, Coffeyville, MSGCC, and many others.

Pulaski Tech just became part of the University of Arkansas system, let's start a real JUCO football program there and funnel them back to the Hill.

JNunn

Swine Time

Latest on Demekko Clark!!!!! He signed with Garden City BroncoBuster. One of the top JuCo programs that went 11-0 last season and their coach Jeff Sims was named NJCAA coach of the year. Hopefully everything works out in a year or two for this young man.
There's only one thing worse than a LSU fan and that's a Texas fan

ricepig

Quote from: Swine Time on February 13, 2017, 03:51:15 pm
Latest on Demekko Clark!!!!! He signed with Garden City BroncoBuster. One of the top JuCo programs that went 11-0 last season and their coach Jeff Sims was named NJCAA coach of the year. Hopefully everything works out in a year or two for this young man.

Congrats to the young man, hopefully he studies, red shirts, and gets his degree to move on. Also, any relation to Larry Clark?

Swine Time

There's only one thing worse than a LSU fan and that's a Texas fan

ballhogger

Larry Clark is one we need to really evaluate.  This kid has some serious size and he can run.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Check Garden City's roster to see what his stats looked like from this past season and he's not listed on their roster.

If anyone knows anything about the guy I'd appreciate it. Was looking forward to seeing him sign w/ the Hogs next season. The kid is freaky athletic and has the tools to play bigtime ball.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ballhogger on February 14, 2017, 09:55:56 am
Larry Clark is one we need to really evaluate.  This kid has some serious size and he can run.

Larry Clark has ALL the speed you need to get it done today.!!!

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 13, 2017, 02:04:21 pm
Check Garden City's roster to see what his stats looked like from this past season and he's not listed on their roster.

If anyone knows anything about the guy I'd appreciate it. Was looking forward to seeing him sign w/ the Hogs next season. The kid is freaky athletic and has the tools to play bigtime ball.
Apparently is back home in Blytheville. From what I understand (from someone who has known him all through school) he's not very coachable and washed out.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Big Chickasaw

Want to just take a moment to set things straight about Demekko Clark, our son is able to be coached. Demekko left Garden City this summer due to medical reasons and is returning to school this January. You surely need to get your facts straight and stop spreading rumor. Demekko is not washed out and is currently benching over 400 lbs. he is now and has always been the #1 running back in Arkansas. His medical situation was very serious and it's sad how people lie. We as his parents and the coaches at Garden City decided it was better after close medical test to bring him back in January, but Demekko is at 100 % and has been medically cleared to hit the field again. Now please spread the word.

Officially Parents of Demekko Clark

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Thank you for the update!  I'm on the other side of the state so word on the street doesn't reach over here.  I was really impressed w/ Demekko on the field and I'm rooting for him big time.  Glad to hear his medical issue is good to go and he's returning to school. Keeping those grades as high as the bench press #'s is just as important. Hope he's heading back to KS focused and determined.

I think he's got a gift with his talent hope it helps him get an education that will pay off for the rest of his life and maybe with some luck football takes him beyond college.

The Hawg Marshal

Posters some times forget that these are not just names they are talking about, they are real people beyond the name. Take a second and think before you post whether would you want someone saying the same thing about your child. Kudos to the Clark's for defending their son.

ChicoHog

Great to hear from his folks.  So if I am reading this correctly he did not play this fall and plans on playing at Garden City fall of 2018?  Then he could transfer somewhere (hopefully U of A) for fall 2019 and be a sophomore in eligibility? 

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 19, 2017, 06:03:06 pm
Posters some times forget that these are not just names they are talking about, they are real people beyond the name. Take a second and think before you post whether would you want someone saying the same thing about your child. Kudos to the Clark's for defending their son.
Can't help if I heard from someone who knows.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Steef

Quote from: Big Chickasaw on December 19, 2017, 04:57:38 pm
Want to just take a moment to set things straight about Demekko Clark, our son is able to be coached. Demekko left Garden City this summer due to medical reasons and is returning to school this January. You surely need to get your facts straight and stop spreading rumor. Demekko is not washed out and is currently benching over 400 lbs. he is now and has always been the #1 running back in Arkansas. His medical situation was very serious and it's sad how people lie. We as his parents and the coaches at Garden City decided it was better after close medical test to bring him back in January, but Demekko is at 100 % and has been medically cleared to hit the field again. Now please spread the word.

Officially Parents of Demekko Clark

Thank you for posting.

Let us (the staff here) know if you want to update any info on your son and one of us will unlock this thread.

Good luck.