hogman64

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 28, 2017, 05:45:50 pm
WANTED:  New Women's College Basketball Head Coach

It's going to happen. 

You serious, Clark?

grayhawg

Quote from: hogman64 on January 28, 2017, 10:46:57 pm
You serious, Clark?
I have no inside info but I'll bet he's right on this.

Hogtied85

Quote from: grayhawg on January 29, 2017, 07:01:39 am
I have no inside info but I'll bet he's right on this.

Well sense we're living in fantasy land lets add Minnesota Lynx assistant coach Jim Petersen. Jim just stepped down lets throw the check book at him.

psycHOGlogist

It's going to happen. 

Good.

jdlittle

I sure hope this experiment is about over. this may equal the hiring of suze !!!

MoHog74

Looks like to me, apathy pretty much sums up the AR WBB fans at this point of the season.  We're 4 hours past the end of today's game at LSU and I see no comments whatsoever about the game.  Now that's sad.  Its one thing to be upset, but many of us just don't care anymore.  I wish the season was better for JJ's sake. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Had Gary Blair, could have had Coach Vic.  Watched them go head to head yesterday in a great WBB game.  MSU is averaging 6,600 per game in freaking Starkville.  This is what having real coaches and the right coaches does for a program. 

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

It's going to happen. 

Here's a good question.  Will it be a straight up firing (as it should be) or will Long/JD pose it as a resignation?  JD saving face by saying I did all I could do blah blah blah, but stepping away to spend more time with the family, pursue other interests etc?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

logic

It's going to happen. 
I wouldn't count on it. That implies Long made a mistake and he may not be willing to do that.

The_Iceman

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jimmy take a job in the Razorback Foundation or Athletic Department. That is really what he is more suited for.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 30, 2017, 01:00:57 pm
Wouldn't be surprised to see Jimmy take a job in the Razorback Foundation or Athletic Department. That is really what he is more suited for.
I believe this is the plan.

John Snow

Jeff Long needs to offer Ualr women's coach  Joe foley the Job

Porked Tongue

Quote from: John Snow on January 30, 2017, 09:14:12 pm
Jeff Long needs to offer Ualr women's coach  Joe foley the Job
I believe he has rejected it at least once though it was never announced.  I'm sure he could do it but I'm not so sure he isn't already where he has the best chance to succeed.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 30, 2017, 11:08:31 am
Had Gary Blair, could have had Coach Vic.  Watched them go head to head yesterday in a great WBB game.  MSU is averaging 6,600 per game in freaking Starkville.  This is what having real coaches and the right coaches does for a program. 

I agree.  If we were a top tier SEC team and a consistent top 25 program I can see us averaging over 5,000 fans a game easily. 

Scott7703

I'll believe dykes is done when i see it. With the piss poor product we continue to allow in the men's program I can't see how he can dump dykes and keep the Nolan prodigy.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 30, 2017, 09:05:09 pm
I believe this is the plan.

I can't see either of those paying him his $500,000 yearly salary.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2017, 09:22:55 pm
Hence another reason it's taking so long.

3kgthog

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 31, 2017, 05:37:17 pm
I'll believe dykes is done when i see it. With the piss poor product we continue to allow in the men's program I can't see how he can dump dykes and keep the Nolan prodigy.

Because Jimmy is running off players mid season. He's also losing games. Many of them in spectacular choking fashion. Then there's the little detail of him being the cheapest one to sacrifice to turn down the heat on Jeff Long for having 3 very average teams in the major sports.

Porked Tongue

There is a real fear they might not even have enough to field a team next year.  It's creating and urgency about the whole deal.

beringer62

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 31, 2017, 09:36:22 pm
There is a real fear they might not even have enough to field a team next year.  It's creating and urgency about the whole deal.

Why not let him go now?

Porked Tongue

Quote from: beringer62 on January 31, 2017, 10:07:34 pm
Why not let him go now?
It seems they are looking for a way to salvage something.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 31, 2017, 09:32:25 pm
Hence another reason it's taking so long.

I thought he was making
Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2017, 09:22:55 pm

I thought he was making only $300K?   If he could step down quietly and go to the foundation and tell us unsuspecting fans it is to have more time with his family I think he would take it.  Especially if he was getting the axe.  Better than going back on the road with ESPN or SEC I guess.

riccoar

Just my opine, but unless your willing to bring in an $800K or more coach like Blair, what's the point?  If people want a winning program, go big or go home.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 31, 2017, 11:45:47 pm
I thought he was making only $300K?   

His base salary is $450K, plus whatever else he might make from endorsements/camps, etc.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/apr/23/razorbacks-extend-dykes-contract/

Try to read that article now without chuckling or groaning.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: riccoar on February 01, 2017, 08:00:37 am
Just my opine, but unless your willing to bring in an $800K or more coach like Blair, what's the point?  If people want a winning program, go big or go home.

Differential is a drop in the bucket.  Dykes is making $450 so getting to $800 only requires $350 more.

Coach Vic at MSU has shown that fans will support a winning program.  They are averaging 6,600 per game.  Now I don't know what our WBB is averaging but if the new coach generates enough excitement and success to increase the average by just 1,000 at say $20 per person and 15 home games that's $300,000 right there.  This doesn't include the increase in giving that a new and successful coach may generate.

On the flip side don't underestimate the lost revenue by keeping an unsuccessful or unpopular coach. 

It just goes to show that the right hire can pay for itself.

Porked Tongue

February 02, 2017, 09:10:10 pm #28 Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:40:39 pm by Porked Tongue
With the loss to GA(2-6) tonight, we might be at rock bottom.  Fortunately only 500 people suffered in person.

What are we holding on to at this point?  The most ardent and loyal fan has now turned the cheek.

End it.

jdlittle

I would hope he works for espn    don't need more arrogance in u of a athletic administration; blessed with enough

hogman64

I believe in giving a coach time to  show what he can do, but if after 3 years there is no improvement in on court performance, no improvement in recruiting and players are leaving the program in bunches why draw it out,?  so many players leaving is his fault period.  he is either horrible to play for or he is recruiting the wrong kind of individual......

Dwight_K_Shrute

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 02, 2017, 09:10:10 pm
With the loss to GA(2-6) tonight, we might be at rock bottom.  Fortunately only 500 people suffered in person.

What are we holding on to at this point?  The most ardent and loyal fan has now turned the cheek.

End it.
I am one of the most loyal and ardent fans who has now turned my cheek.  It is horrible to witness every game.  I know I will not send my money to the Foundation until he is replaced.  Unless they win at least two or three more games this year (highly unlikely and almost impossible, I will not be going to the SEC tournament for only the second time in the last 21 years - the only other time, we went to Hawaii for our 35th wedding anniversary.

Talk about fans, last night this crowd would have fit very well in our grade school gym which held maybe 100 fans.  It was embarrassing tonight when the announcer asked for all the kids to come down to the court for the lineup introductions where the players go by the kids.  I looked around and could not find any kids.  When the girls were introduced there were two lonely kids standing in line!  Way to build the fan base coach.

hogman64

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 03, 2017, 06:52:59 am
  I am one of the most loyal and ardent fans who has now turned my cheek.  It is horrible to witness every game.  I know I will not send my money to the Foundation until he is replaced.  Unless they win at least two or three more games this year (highly unlikely and almost impossible, I will not be going to the SEC tournament for only the second time in the last 21 years - the only other time, we went to Hawaii for our 35th wedding anniversary.

Talk about fans, last night this crowd would have fit very well in our grade school gym which held maybe 100 fans.  It was embarrassing tonight when the announcer asked for all the kids to come down to the court for the lineup introductions where the players go by the kids.  I looked around and could not find any kids.  When the girls were introduced there were two lonely kids standing in line!  Way to build the fan base coach.

that's what  going to the knee and bad coaching do for a program.............Since that happened my thinking has been that  our players do not have the proper respect for JD  I think a well respected coach would have been able to influence 
those players wearing U of A uniforms  into going about showing their   concern for a cause  in a different way and to me that is a huge part of why he should go......

Bonehead

Lady Razorback fan you can throw out the card about going to the knee that's over we're just not a good very good basketball team you have some players that are not SEC caliber on your team is why you are losing the coach should take a lot of the blame but he is not the one that they're missing free throws missing layups in the game once again you do not have a player on that team beside one that could start on any other SEC team name one

Bonehead

We talked about Jackson but we will see how much we really miss her next year

Porked Tongue

February 03, 2017, 11:04:50 am #36 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:05:52 pm by Porked Tongue
Quote from: Bonehead on February 03, 2017, 10:57:17 am
Lady Razorback fan you can throw out the card about going to the knee that's over we're just not a good very good basketball team you have some players that are not SEC caliber on your team is why you are losing the coach should take a lot of the blame but he is not the one that they're missing free throws missing layups in the game once again you do not have a player on that team beside one that could start on any other SEC team name one

.  .  .  .   .

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Bonehead on February 03, 2017, 10:57:17 am

Bone I going to cut you just a little slack, but Jackson, Wilson, Cooley and Cosper are four that I would name.  JJ and Aaliyah were both both five stars and HS all Americans.  Cooley and Cosper were JC all-americans.  You talk about the players not executing, but a lot of that (both LBBF and I have both coached, I doubt you have) is attributal to coaching and motivation.  Cooley and JJ who are seniors have shown up sometimes this year, but have regressed as has Cosper.  You might have that with one player and it be on them solely but with three of your main cogs?  Not hardly  Wilson is in doubt as well.  I agree with Porked:  it needs to end here.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Bonehead

No n kid had major offer's so how do you expect to compete

Bonehead

First of all let me cut you some slack you could go to Walmart and buy coach shi.          rt

Bonehead

Secondly just because you are a junior college all American don't mean you will pan out you can't get caught up in just because a kid is ranked and far as Cooley and Jackson showing up coach the

Bonehead

Secondly just because you are a junior college all American don't mean you will pan out you can't get caught up in just because a kid is ranked and far as Cooley and Jackson showing up coach the

Bonehead

Defense from the other team is geared up to stop Jackson who you are playing out of position far as Cooley we don't throw the ball inside enough basketball is played inside out the last time I checked and yes you may have been a coach the what I call people like you are armchair coaches

Bonehead

And for your info I coached high school for 15 years

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Bonehead on February 03, 2017, 12:13:37 pm
And for your info I coached high school for 15 years
I bet you taught English.

Bonehead

What ever I taught I know basketball

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Bonehead on February 03, 2017, 11:00:22 am

I doubt we really miss Jimmy Dykes much either next year.

hogman64

Quote from: Bonehead on February 03, 2017, 11:00:22 am

She can be and is  a great player at times, but seriously how do you greatly miss anyone from a team that may win only 2 or 3 conference games........

MoHog74

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 03, 2017, 01:07:08 pm
I bet you taught English.

Quote from: hogman64 on February 03, 2017, 02:16:20 pm
She can be and is  a great player at times, but seriously how do you greatly miss anyone from a team that may win only 2 or 3 conference games........

Just wanted to say I appreciate the witty comments.  Each of the above made me chuckle.  And there hasn't been alot to smile about this WBB season.  Thankfully, it will be over soon.

And for those that say the coach doesn't make the difference, reference back to AR MBB: Lanny Van Eman followed by Eddie Sutton; same facilities, but a huge turnaround of the program.

Bonehead

I don't care who you bring in here look at our record since Blair Fayetteville is not girls b-ball hotbed the way it's looking none of the central ark girls are even visiting that's where your talent is