Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire Jimmy Dykes

Started by The hog meister, November 04, 2016, 06:22:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The hog meister

FineAsSwine

Heck no. If it was about his coaching or his record, that's different. But to fire him over the six players making a statement, ridiculous.

Would just make the program look bad.

Jeffcphog

The program already looks bad.  Picked 11th?

husker71

wow are we now one of those schools that give a coach 1 year to win big or get fired???  This is only his 2nd year and I hope we are improving.  What did you want him to do??  If you were the coach what would you have done??

The hog meister

Quote from: husker71 on November 04, 2016, 07:55:13 pm
wow are we now one of those schools that give a coach 1 year to win big or get fired???  This is only his 2nd year and I hope we are improving.  What did you want him to do??  If you were the coach what would you have done??
So what did Mike Anderson do. His kids didn't disrespect the flag and anthem. I'm sure it was a teaching moment for Mike and Jimmy Dykes is just an ESPN analyst and should not be leading the lady razorbacks.

MoHog74

Quote from: husker71 on November 04, 2016, 07:55:13 pm
wow are we now one of those schools that give a coach 1 year to win big or get fired???  This is only his 2nd year and I hope we are improving. 

Don't want to appear picky, but this is his 3rd year.  The team made the NCAA tournament and won one game in the tournament his first year.  Some would say that's because he was working with players recruited by the previous coach, Tom Collen.  Last year, the team did not make the NCAA tournament.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: MoHog74 on November 04, 2016, 08:06:49 pm
Don't want to appear picky, but this is his 3rd year.  The team made the NCAA tournament and won one game in the tournament his first year.  Some would say that's because he was working with players recruited by the previous coach, Tom Collen.  Last year, the team did not make the NCAA tournament.

Picked 11th in the SEC pre-season.  LOL

roothawg

Fan1958

Saw where some clown started a go fund me page to raise $5000 to get 1000 to attend but not sure which game. What a joke. Gotta pay folks to attend ($5 lol).

Program is a joke and the players should be more concerned about winning a game or two.  Waste of money and resources. Don't talk to me about 1st Amendment stuff. This is a TEAM sport and there must be discipline and rules. Ask the Cowboys what JJ would do in this situation.  Think he has thrown down the gauntlet.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 05, 2016, 09:39:06 am
Saw where some clown started a go fund me page to raise $5000 to get 1000 to attend but not sure which game. What a joke. Gotta pay folks to attend ($5 lol).

Program is a joke and the players should be more concerned about winning a game or two.  Waste of money and resources. Don't talk to me about 1st Amendment stuff. This is a TEAM sport and there must be discipline and rules. Ask the Cowboys what JJ would do in this situation.  Think he has thrown down the gauntlet.

Gauntlet picked up.

http://www.snopes.com/jerry-jones-speech-911/

"this item did not originate with a report by news organization and does not relay a real incident that took place between Jones and Dallas Cowboy team members. This dialogue was an invented one posted by Facebook user "Richie Newberry" in an attempt to make a point about the NFL players who chose to kneel or sit during the national anthem as a protest of social injustice."

Fan1958

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 05, 2016, 10:03:17 am
Gauntlet picked up.

http://www.snopes.com/jerry-jones-speech-911/

"this item did not originate with a report by news organization and does not relay a real incident that took place between Jones and Dallas Cowboy team members. This dialogue was an invented one posted by Facebook user "Richie Newberry" in an attempt to make a point about the NFL players who chose to kneel or sit during the national anthem as a protest of social injustice."

And who fact checks Snopes?
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Porked Tongue

He's not as secure as some would believe.

Hogwaller

If he was in control of his team and had any judgment whatsoever, this incident would never have happened.

tophawg19

sad part is it takes stuff like this to get anyone to talk about them. he was a bad hire in a tough league .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

husker71

I dont see how anyone says he lost support of his team     HE AGREES WITH THEIR POSITION!!   now if he had said to them dont do it and they still did then he would have lost his team. 

1highhog

kodiakisland

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 05, 2016, 04:19:17 pm
sad part is it takes stuff like this to get anyone to talk about them. he was a bad hire in a tough league .

Yeah.  If it wasn't for title IX, the team probably wouldn't even exist.  Wonder how much the mens program has to pay each year to keep womens basketball afloat.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

1highhog

CMA didn't tell his team they better not kneel, he said that on the news.  None of the guys on the team knelt and that was it and when asked about it Mike said he was glad none of his team did.  I'm sure Jimmy Dykes wished his players didn't either, but once done, he said the right thing in today's world.  I live my life by what the bible teaches, so I truly believe that gays((including the whole decrepit bunch of lesbians and what not are going to be destroyed by God and good riddance to'm all.  So this is America, they have the right to have their say, so I just said mine.

HoopS

Quote from: husker71 on November 05, 2016, 06:43:24 pm
I dont see how anyone says he lost support of his team     HE AGREES WITH THEIR POSITION!!   now if he had said to them dont do it and they still did then he would have lost his team. 
I don't know of anything going on within the team but just wanted to add that he did back those who knelt after they did it. Wonder how the others feel? Wonder if that's the support he lost.

texas tush hog

Quote from: HoopS on November 07, 2016, 06:09:46 am
I don't know of anything going on within the team but just wanted to add that he did back those who knelt after they did it. Wonder how the others feel? Wonder if that's the support he lost.

He has lost all fan support. He is toast and Jeffie ain't much better. He kept a low profile at the football game yesterday and rightfully so. As far as Dykes goes, it is just a matter of time.

DeltaBoy

Jimmy needs to win and win a lot to erase this stink, all the folks I know who served in the Miltary are very upset about this.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Porked Tongue

He has no functional control. 

pigture perfect

Rumours being what they are, can anyone confirm or deny that Jimmy didn't know what was about to happen until they did it? I know what he said in the interview, but if he didn't know what else could he do? If he didn't know, why didn't he know? Does anyone have any scoop?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Porked Tongue

He knew at least 4 days in advance.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Boarcephus

Article in the paper this morning makes it appear, to me anyway, he's catching some serious flak over the actions of HIS players.  I'm sure it's his intent to build the program, put butts in the seats which the women's program desperately needs, but by allowing his players to do this he's going about it the wrong way.  Wrong place, wrong message, wrong time and by allowing this he has shown me he's not in touch with the fan base.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 08, 2016, 08:28:09 am
Article in the paper this morning makes it appear, to me anyway, he's catching some serious flak over the actions of HIS players.  I'm sure it's his intent to build the program, put butts in the seats which the women's program desperately needs, but by allowing his players to do this he's going about it the wrong way.  Wrong place, wrong message, wrong time and by allowing this he has shown me he's not in touch with the fan base.   

That kinda settle that doesn't it.

rzrbkman

I'm curious as to whether those 3,000 school children are all still going to be in attendance Friday for the 10:30 A.M. game or if any of the public schools or parents of the children will choose not to send their kids to the game after all.

MoHog74

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 08, 2016, 08:28:09 am
Article in the paper this morning makes it appear, to me anyway, he's catching some serious flak over the actions of HIS players. 

Could you post a link to the article?  Thanks

1highhog

Quote from: The hog meister on November 04, 2016, 08:00:35 pm
    So what did Mike Anderson do. His kids didn't disrespect the flag and anthem. I'm sure it was a teaching moment for Mike and Jimmy Dykes is just an ESPN analyst and should not be leading the lady razorbacks.

Hmm, just and analyst you say.  He came in here behind a Coach who had a good resume that couldn't win nothing the whole time he was here and with a depleted squad took these young ladies to the Tourney and even won a game, wow, when has that been done?  Jimmy Dykes knows more about basketball than everyone on this Board, played at a College level and learned the game from one of the best teachers of the game, Eddie Sutton.  You do remember that Jimmy has Coached before, just not as a head coach.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 08, 2016, 10:45:05 am
Even better, discontinue the program.  Maybe 6 people would notice and or care. 

Title IX, it isn't going away.

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

MoHog74

LadybackBBFan

Last four posts were removed.  Let's turn this back to a women's sports discussion - not a political forum.  There already is one - use it. 

kodiakisland

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2016, 12:56:39 pm
Title IX, it isn't going away.

Yeah.  It's the only reason it exists at many schools.  Strangely enough though, if the money spent on non sustaining programs was applied toward female scholarships, there would be a lot more women served than the few through title IX.  How many millions of dollars each year are siphoned off the mens programs to support 15 scholarships?  Maybe those few girls don't realize how much their scholarship is really worth.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

The hog meister

just not as a head coach!              Duh  get rid of him. there are plenty of basketball analyst that were head coaches that maybe approached. If he was such a sought after assistant coach then why did he have to go to ESPN.  Just a bad hire by Long to lead this program.

1highhog

Quote from: The hog meister on November 09, 2016, 12:02:16 pm
just not as a head coach!              Duh  get rid of him. there are plenty of basketball analyst that were head coaches that maybe approached. If he was such a sought after assistant coach then why did he have to go to ESPN.  Just a bad hire by Long to lead this program.

Yep, Jeff Long has done one of the best jobs of any AD in the whole Country, anybody that says get rid of him is smoking crack.  We'd be nuts to do so.

1highhog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2016, 12:03:53 pm
He's not as secure as some would believe.

He's as secure as our last two women's basketball coaches were, so I'd call that pretty well secure, so Jimmy has quite awhile to stay here, y'all my as well sit back in your recliner and eat your cornchips.

hawginbigd1

Wild Bill Hog

He's fortunate to be coaching a sport no one cares about.  All he needs to do is keep his head down and smile a lot, and he can coast to a decent retirement.

jdlittle

he used up all his bs when he was too weak to control his players     cant bs the losses and his inability to coach

Porked Tongue

Quote from: 1highhog on November 11, 2016, 01:58:37 pm
He's as secure as our last two women's basketball coaches were, so I'd call that pretty well secure, so Jimmy has quite awhile to stay here, y'all my as well sit back in your recliner and eat your cornchips.
I strongly stand by my statement.

jackflash

I see no reason to fire him

Jack The BN

He's 9-0, and they're playing much better than they did last year.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

grayhawg

Quote from: Jack The BN on December 08, 2016, 01:06:11 pm
He's 9-0, and they're playing much better than they did last year.
Haven't started SEC play either.

NWAHog479

Has anybody been to a women's game this season? How empty is it and are you still allowed to sit wherever you want?

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: NWAHog479 on December 08, 2016, 03:56:24 pm
Has anybody been to a women's game this season? How empty is it and are you still allowed to sit wherever you want?
We have been season ticket members for 20+ years.  Yes, we have been to all the home games except the first one where they kneeled.  Attendance has been much worse this year than last year.  We recognize several long time attendees in our area are no longer there this year.  Playing non-conference games on Wednesday may have hurt attendance - we normally played on Thursday's in the past.  Hopefully, attendance will pick up when we have SEC games.  This team does have a lot of potential and deserves fan support.  However, the administration made a big mistake in allowing the kneeling episode.  Coach Dykes is not personable to the average fan.  Two coaches were: Gary Blair and Tom Collen.  The coach is the one that needs to sell the program to the public, but he lets it be up to the Marketing Department who are recent graduates getting their feet wet with no real guidance.  Take canceling the luncheon this past Monday because of the bus trip to Missouri State.  The fans going to luncheons have been clamoring for a bus trip for two years, but not at the expense of the luncheons.  In addition, publicity on the bus trip and informing season ticket holders was almost nonexistent.  That is not the way to build a fan base.

1highhog

Quote from: grayhawg on December 08, 2016, 02:07:11 pm
Haven't started SEC play either.

Last year they really had no experience whatsoever and his first year had no players, he's actually done a great job with what he's had.  This year they're a year older and playing like it.  Sure, when SEC play comes around, they're going to take some lumps, the SEC women I still think is the toughest basketball league out there, they beat up on one another.  I'd sure like to see them win half their games in the SEC, but I don't think that happens this year, but he's building the ladies program quicker than Mike Anderson is building the Mens Program and the Womens Program has never been up so it has further to build from than the mens.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: 1highhog on December 09, 2016, 06:40:50 am
Last year they really had no experience whatsoever and his first year had no players, he's actually done a great job with what he's had.  This year they're a year older and playing like it.  Sure, when SEC play comes around, they're going to take some lumps, the SEC women I still think is the toughest basketball league out there, they beat up on one another.  I'd sure like to see them win half their games in the SEC, but I don't think that happens this year, but he's building the ladies program quicker than Mike Anderson is building the Mens Program and the Womens Program has never been up so it has further to build from than the mens.
I respectfully disagree with you on several comments.  His first year, he had five very good starters including Jackson, Berna, Brooks, Wolf, and Bowen.  Granted he had little bench.  They made the NCAA because of those players - not because of the coach.  They were good defensively because they had been taught good defense by their former defensive coach - Nicki Collen.
Last year granted they were young and had a tougher non-conference schedule than they have this year.  They are undefeated this year because of their really weak non-conference schedule - something JD said he would never do in his criticism of Collen.  However, TC never had a non-conference schedule as weak as this year's is.  I believe they should win at least half of their games in the SEC with the talent that we have.  If we do then we can discuss how he is building the program.  This team is truly JD's as Jackson is the only player that he did not recruit.  I like all players on this year's roster who play (Stout does not play and Ratliff is being redshirted).  I cannot say that in previous years as I would say "oh no" when a substitute was used.

flippinhogmana

1highhog:  LBBF is fair and accurate in her reply to you.  I don't know what you think you see, but an objective honest appraisal is what you just got from her.  She is a long term coach, she knows what she is talking about (even if her and I don't always see eye to eye, but we do about 95 per cent of the time).  The fact is that the first year a coach takes over a program it is always (or nearly always) with what the other coach has left in terms of the players.  You are giving far to much credit to JD for that first year.  This is the test year for JD, not the first two.  If you think they were young last year, just wait until next year with all his experienced Bigs gone.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.