Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Hog WBB commit transfering to SEC

Started by psycHOGlogist, July 23, 2016, 11:34:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Bianca Blanaru from Romania was part of Collen's last class, but after the coaching change she decided to enroll at Washington State. She's a big (6'5") presence in the post, but IIRC, several folks on here questioned her overall skill set.

She has left WSU after two years and transferred to UGA, where she will sit out this year and have 2 years eligibility remaining.

Here's a link to the release: http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/042116aab.html

Honestly, apart from her size, it's hard to find a lot of upside to someone who had so little productivity at WSU.

(Also transferring to UGA - Former McD's AA Taja Cole, a PG from Virginia who played her freshman year with Louisville. She'll also be sitting out this year.)

nwahogfan1

If Jimmy is building a team that wants to run up and down, press and push the ball then a 6'5 lady who is not gifted in that area would never work anyway.  I think Ga. is more half court offense so maybe she will work out for them.  But having more 6'5 ladies in practice would help I would think.  Does Jimmy ever bring in boys to practice against the ladies?

brs_hogfan

I had the opportunity to watch a practice recently.  Only one practice so can't say in general, but no men practicing with the women in the one I watched.  Good practice though.  I liked what I saw in terms of effort and intensity.

yraciv

Quote from: brs_hogfan on July 24, 2016, 09:47:54 am
I had the opportunity to watch a practice recently.  Only one practice so can't say in general, but no men practicing with the women in the one I watched.  Good practice though.  I liked what I saw in terms of effort and intensity.

How did Ratliffe look? She is the type of big we need, size and can run, just appears to be  a  project on paper.

brs_hogfan

Quote from: yraciv on July 24, 2016, 12:22:16 pm
How did Ratliffe look? She is the type of big we need, size and can run, just appears to be  a  project on paper.

Sorry, I do not recall anything specifically about Ratliffe. I was just impressed with the overall intensity and effort and quality of play.  Guards were hitting their shots and making impressive drives (Danberry in particular) and the posts were fighting hard for rebounds and position during the scrimmage portion.