Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday's televised game against # 2 SC

Started by flippinhogmana, January 01, 2016, 01:20:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

The game is nationally televised at 2:00 on ESPNU.  For those of you in the Tulsa area with Dish that is channel 141.  Al Macquire used to say that great players make good coaches.  It was true of a player named Whitehead who played for him the year he won it all.  I wonder if the magic we saw Wednesday night from Melissa Wolff will have a lasting effect.  I kind of think it will.  I saw a lot of emotion from the team for her, KB was in tears and hugging her.  So was DD.  Alecia Cooley despite not even taking a shot, and scoring zero points was all genuine smiles and joy for her sister razorback.  I wonder if it didnt effect the chemistry of the team in a good way.

Emotion is a funny thing...Melissa has the heart of a tigress and she might just finally be pretty near playing without pain and stiffness in her hip.  She looked pretty close to a hundred percent Wednesday, or at least NO thinks so!  The lady hogs might surprise us all Sunday afternoon.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

My guess is that we will not score 50 points.  I do not know where the scoring will come from.  JJ has trouble playing against height.  AC will not score more than 5 against this team.  To be in the game, we will have to hit 3 pointers and play a zone the whole game.  JD will start man to man - he is that stubborn.  If he does not use KB 25-30 minutes, we may not get 40 points.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on January 02, 2016, 09:12:43 am
My guess is that we will not score 50 points.  I do not know where the scoring will come from.  JJ has trouble playing against height.  AC will not score more than 5 against this team.  To be in the game, we will have to hit 3 pointers and play a zone the whole game.  JD will start man to man - he is that stubborn.  If he does not use KB 25-30 minutes, we may not get 40 points.

I am afraid you and a couple more that I have traded pms with are right that we are going to get smeared, but my heart still hopes even if my head tells me otherwise.  I hope the girls find some of that MW magic and play inspired but against a superior team and on the road?..that is a very tall order indeed.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

rjm1940

SC is taller, quicker, a better shooting team, and a better defensive team.  In a long series involving a number of  games SC would without a doubt win more games than we would. 

We do not have to be better than SC to win this one game, we just have to be better this one day.

In 1985 Villanova faced number 1 ranked Georgetown led by the great Patrick Ewing in the NCAA finals.  Georgetown was 35-2 and had beaten Villanova two times during the season.  Georgetown was the better team, but Villanova won the game that day and the National Championship in 1985.  V won by making 78.6% of their FGA, 81.5% of FTA, playing even on the boards, and not turning over the ball.

My plan for beating SC on Sunday is to make 80% of our FGA, 90% of our FTA, no turn overs, but force SC to TO, block out the taller SC players to play even on the boards, and force them to take bad shots.  We will need to be quick enough to go around the taller SC players for easy open shots.

This is our day to be great.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: rjm1940 on January 03, 2016, 12:42:22 am
SC is taller, quicker, a better shooting team, and a better defensive team.  In a long series involving a number of  games SC would without a doubt win more games than we would. 

We do not have to be better than SC to win this one game, we just have to be better this one day.

In 1985 Villanova faced number 1 ranked Georgetown led by the great Patrick Ewing in the NCAA finals.  Georgetown was 35-2 and had beaten Villanova two times during the season.  Georgetown was the better team, but Villanova won the game that day and the National Championship in 1985.  V won by making 78.6% of their FGA, 81.5% of FTA, playing even on the boards, and not turning over the ball.

My plan for beating SC on Sunday is to make 80% of our FGA, 90% of our FTA, no turn overs, but force SC to TO, block out the taller SC players to play even on the boards, and force them to take bad shots.  We will need to be quick enough to go around the taller SC players for easy open shots.

This is our day to be great.
Wow - what were you smoken when you wrote this unrealistic article.  I agree, we can beat them but we will never shoot 80% from the field against them.  We also are not quicker than there bigs.  I always dream big, but have to be realistic.

flippinhogmana

Florida and MS State are playing on national tv before our game (maybe SEC tv, but its on 408 in tulsa on dish).  My observations so far for what its worth.  The game is at Florida and I have thought (having seen them a couple of times) that MS state is a bit over rated especially since they are rated like number eight, but I thought Florida's record is soft.  MSSt is taking it too Florida so there is some hope for us there.  We are MSst though.

psycHOGlogist

Some very surprising non-SEC scores out there:

Syracuse is destroying #12 Duke by almost 30, 71-44, in the 3rd Q.
UVA is thumping #22 Miami by 31, 63-32, also in the 3rd.