Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It ain't over till its........over. RIP Yogi Berra

Started by bigpigpimpin, September 23, 2015, 06:29:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

PonderinHog

He had the bling to back up everything he said, half of which he never said.

MissippHog

One of the greatest icons in sports history, RIP Yogi.

PonderinHog

Nobody goes there anymore.  It's too crowded.

Do you want your pizza cut into four or six slices?  Four, I couldn't eat six slices.

MJ2

He won 10 World Series.   Think about it - 10.    Unbelievable.

jbcarol

Johnny Bench ‏@Johnny_Bench5 29m29 minutes ago

@MLB @BaseballHall @Yankees Yogi sent me a telegram when I hit a HR to pass him, "I knew my record would stand until it was broken".
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Joe Giglio ‏@JoeGiglioSports 54m54 minutes ago

In 1950, Yogi Berra caught 148 games (154 game season), hit .322/.383/.533 w/28 HR and only struck out 12 times. As famous Yankees go, he's underrated.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Yogi Berra Museum ‏@Yogi_Museum Sep 12

Yogi caught both games of doubleheaders 117 times. That's right, 117.

PonderinHog

popcornhog

Quote from: jbcarol on September 23, 2015, 08:39:14 am
Johnny Bench ‏@Johnny_Bench5 29m29 minutes ago

@MLB @BaseballHall @Yankees Yogi sent me a telegram when I hit a HR to pass him, "I knew my record would stand until it was broken".

Love it.

Yogi was an all time great on and off the field. I wish I had been able to see him live -- unfortunately he was already in the HOF when I was born.
WPS

Torqued pork

My wife asked me where I wanted to be buried when I die.
I said surprise me.

eequalsmcsquared

26.2Hog

Here is an incredible statistic - Yogi caught both games of double headers 117 times. 

RIP, Mr. Berra.

zane

When you come to a fork in the road- take it

RIP Yogi
RIP LSUfan

rickm1976

Quote from: MJ2 on September 23, 2015, 07:50:58 am

Yeah.  They don't make them like him anymore.  He made the All-Star team 18 times, and got three more World Series rings as a coach, to make 13 total.  All total, he either played, coached, or managed in 21 World Series.  Those are incredible records, no matter what era.  A lot of people tend to remember him for his wit and humor, but he was one of the best catchers ever, and many consider him to be one of the greatest clutch hitters ever to play the game.

PonderinHog

Hard to believe there were two MLB catchers on the same sandlot team.

Hogwild

Quote from: MJ2 on September 23, 2015, 07:50:58 am

13 rings, if you include his as a manager

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

jbcarol

Yogi Berra Museum ‏@Yogi_Museum 2h2 hours ago

A tribute to our #8. He will be greatly missed.

https://youtu.be/nx05OcvT4J0

moses_007

Best catcher in baseball history.  He was a real leader on the Mantle-Maris teams.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

DOGALUM

18 years as a player, 15 time All Star, 3 time league MVP, and 10 time World Series Champ.   

Those numbers are absolutely astounding. 

RIP to one of the all time greats.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

welchog

Yogi was once quoted concerning the 1973 Mets, "We were overwhelming underdogs."

Flashforward to the Hogs this season, "We've been underwhelming overdogs."

Inhogswetrust

May he RIP. One of only a handful of New York Yankees I liked.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

mizzouman

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 23, 2015, 02:33:06 pm
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13723671/new-york-yankees-yogi-berra-derek-jeter-forged-friendship-generations

Everyone needs to read this article.  Brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for posting that.
Red Sox fan.
But Yogi and Jeter are my favorite Yankees.
Outstanding representatives for the game of baseball - the type of players every team wants in their clubhouse.
Baseball has lost one of it's all-time greats - sad day indeed.
RIP Yogi - you made the world of baseball a better place.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

While we're mentioning amazing stats.

The article posted by Jackrabbit Hog notes that - In 1950 Yogi only struck out 12 times in 656 plate appearances. How in the heck does someone do that?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Junkyard Hog

Somebody asked him if a streaker at Yankee stadium was male or female.

He said, "I don't know, they had a bag over their head".

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

acey33

PonderinHog

DeltaBoy

We have lost one of Sports greatest Ambassadors and Players.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WMHawgfan

I still love baseball but it doesn't have the great personalities like it used to. Yogi was the best bar none.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dhornjr1