Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Soccer

Started by psycHOGlogist, August 23, 2015, 01:49:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Got the season off to a great start on Friday night, blowing out what had been expected to be a fairly decent Stephen F Austin squad 4-1. We were up 4-0 (and it probably could have and should have been about 6-0) and then had a mental lapse to concede a meaningless late goal.

I was very impressed with the team - Hale's squads have been successful so far at Arkansas by out-grinding and out-fighting teams, but they haven't looked very polished in terms of their tactics and skill. This team might just start changing that - I saw several very nice moments of skill and ball control soccer, and it's also a reasonably young team. Also, I think freshman Reece Christopherson might be one to watch (and no, I am not related to her). Looked fantastic on the ball when she was in the match and scored a highlight reel goal early in the second half. Impressive bit of 1-v-1 play and finishing.

Their second game is tonight versus TCU, and they are trying to break the attendance record. So, if you're in Fayetteville and looking for something to do tonight - head on out to the soccer field and cheer on the Razorbacks! WPS!

dbhog

Beat TCU 1-0 on a late goal by Claire Kelley.  Off to a 2 and 0 start.  WPS

psycHOGlogist

Not as fluid as they looked against SFA, but they were playing better competition. We still had the edge in terms of pressure, chances, and possession (I think). It was a weird match because the ref called SO many fouls (on both teams, really), and the game never developed a rhythm because of that. Very nice win.

Head to Connecticut to play Yale on Friday and then to Happy Valley to play PSU on Sunday. Have to like our chances against Yale, but PSU is another story. They are a legit College Cup/Final Four contender this year.