Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dykes just secured a 2016 commit!

Started by JackJohnson, June 15, 2015, 08:14:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

June 15, 2015, 08:14:00 am Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:54:00 am by JackJohnson
Tamia Braggs from 6-3 SF/PF/C from Lincoln HS in Tacoma, Washington.  Another big so CJD is definitely making an effort to get us to where we need to be size wise. 

Averaged 16.6 points, 7.3 rebounds, 3.1 blocked shots in her Jr season

http://www.bluestarbb.com/commitment.php

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/tamia-braggs/GBJM_PTwEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3508846/tamia-braggs

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2015/02/25/3658126/family-leaving-its-mark-on-tacoma.html

RazorPiggie

Wow almost a top 100 player from Washington???

psycHOGlogist

Great find, JackJohnson! Thanks for the info. Would love it if CJD could really become a national recruiting force!

JackJohnson

Quote from: RazorPiggie on June 15, 2015, 09:43:51 am
Wow almost a top 100 player from Washington???

I was wondering the same.  As far as I can tell none of our staff (CJD or the assistants) have any connections to Washington state so not quite sure how this came about.  Whatever the case may be i'll take a 6-3 post that is ranked #105 all day! 

By my count we have at minimum 3 open scholarships for the 2016 (2 open and 1 Sr) so this is definitely a great start.  Would definitely like to add another like her (6-2 or bigger and can score down low) as well as a bigger scoring wing in the Jessica Jackson mold if possible.  Will be interesting to see what route we take though with these remaining two.  Honestly though as long as we keep improving the overall talent level on the roster I won't be picky ;)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 15, 2015, 09:51:57 am
I was wondering the same.  As far as I can tell none of our staff (CJD or the assistants) have any connections to Washington state so not quite sure how this came about.  Whatever the case may be i'll take a 6-3 post that is ranked #105 all day! 

By my count we have at minimum 3 open scholarships for the 2016 (2 open and 1 Sr) so this is definitely a great start.  Would definitely like to add another like her (6-2 or bigger and can score down low) as well as a bigger scoring wing in the Jessica Jackson mold if possible.  Will be interesting to see what route we take though with these remaining two.  Honestly though as long as we keep improving the overall talent level on the roster I won't be picky ;)

I would imagine there is a story to be told on this one, but thats okay too.  Dale Brown actually pretty much bumped into 6-7 kid while on what turned out to be a wild goose chase recruiting trip in Europe.  Brown took a look at the kid and asked, how old are you son?  The kid named Shaquille replied 'Twelve'.  They just had the rest of the story on SEC tv. 

The Tatianya Smith player from Ark Baptist, was a lead off a referral, but we also got onto another girls off her (a referral from her coach).  There is a reason that Jimmy's affability and good standing in general is important and could as the op said, pay of in huge dividends.  I would imagine Ms. Cummings had a role in this.  Whoever, whatever, congrats, and keep em comin, bigger Jimmy!

btw she is actually 6-2, and this young woman reminds me a lot of Alecia Cooley.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

I believe that we are still trying to recruit Aahliyah Jackson from FS Northside. She's a tall 2 guard/short wing who moved to Arkansas from Oklahoma last year.

Top 100 ESPN player. Not sure where things stand with her.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/185612/aahliyah-jackson

JackJohnson

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 15, 2015, 10:46:35 am
I believe that we are still trying to recruit Aaliyah Jackson from FS Northside. She's a tall 2 guard/short wing who moved to Arkansas from Oklahoma last year.

Top 100 ESPN player. Not sure where things stand with her.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/185612/aahliyah-jackson

she would definitely fit my criteria as a replacement for Jessica Jackson :)  Hope we can sign her

nwahogfan1

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 15, 2015, 10:49:39 am
she would definitely fit my criteria as a replacement for Jessica Jackson :)  Hope we can sign her
She is 5'11 and build like a LB so she plays much taller than her height.  A very physical player.   I don't see her ever playing the 2 spot in college but I think she would be a good 3.     Has anyone seen her play in the Summer circuit? 

BWS

Good pickup for JD. I think the primary targets for 2016 would be to get Braggs, Aahliyah Jackson and either Aaliyah Wilson from Muskogee or Alexis Tolfree out of Conway.

Hogtied85

Quote from: BWS on June 16, 2015, 04:22:29 pm
Good pickup for JD. I think the primary targets for 2016 would be to get Braggs, Aahliyah Jackson and either Aaliyah Wilson from Muskogee or Alexis Tolfree out of Conway.

We are also recruiting Tyasha Harris, a 5 star guard from Indiana.

I believe Christy Smith is recruiting her

Scott7703

Quote from: Hogtired10 on June 16, 2015, 05:22:07 pm
We are also recruiting Tyasha Harris, a 5 star guard from Indiana.

I believe Christy Smith is recruiting her

Do you like our chances?

nwahogfan1

June 18, 2015, 07:31:15 am #11 Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:07:15 pm by nwahogfan1
Good stuff guys.  I love what Jimmy and the staff are doing. 

I can see Bud Walton rocking to 10,000 fans at Lady back games very, very shortly.

dbhog

Sorry but they do not play in Barnhill.  Plus Barnhill would not hold 10,000 fans anyway.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: dbhog on June 18, 2015, 07:58:20 am
Sorry but they do not play in Barnhill.  Plus Barnhill would not hold 10,000 fans anyway.

He had a mind glitch, or was it a time glitch.  He's excited go easy on him.  He would follow the crowds to Bud W. anyway. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 18, 2015, 09:00:10 am
He had a mind glitch, or was it a time glitch.  He's excited go easy on him.  He would follow the crowds to Bud W. anyway. 
I knew that but a brain glitch.  Sorry about that.  I have been to several games so don't worry about me getting there guys.

Hogtied85

Quote from: Scott7703 on June 16, 2015, 10:20:30 pm
Do you like our chances?

As good as anyone else I think. Arkansas is not the same as it once was. It's becoming a big deal.

NotoRioUsHOG

Go Hogs :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Notorious

jackflash

Being Jackson playing in Arkansas and good sure Dykes will recruit her hard

razCzar

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 15, 2015, 09:49:10 am
Great find, JackJohnson! Thanks for the info. Would love it if CJD could really become a national recruiting force!
Exciting news!  And the kind we may soon grow to expect from JD. 

The one-two punch of this dynamic man and the new practice facitliy has to impress no matter where they reside.