Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Loss

Started by MoHog74, January 25, 2015, 02:07:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MoHog74

The first half of this game was painful to watch.  I won't provide any details, as I assume anyone interested enough to read this forum was probably watching/listening to the game and know the specifics.  Hopefully, returning to BWA this week will prove to be just what the team needs for a win.  I'll miss reading your comments flippinhogmana the rest of the season.

WPS  :razorback:

psycHOGlogist

Painful, frustrating, hard to understand.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on January 26, 2015, 09:58:29 pm
Painful, frustrating, hard to understand.
Any more performances like that and losses to teams that they should defeat will tell us a lot.

The_Iceman

I think this team is just physically worn down. Not enough depth.

MoHog74

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 27, 2015, 11:45:35 am

I agree.  The one Win we have in SEC play (against Missouri) was preceded by a week off.

:razorback:

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 27, 2015, 11:45:35 am
How do you explain the switch from a bad last 10 minutes in all games to a terrible first half against Florida.  I think it has to do with the coach having lost JJ.  She has not started for three straight games.  I understood the first two, but definitely not Florida.  JD has a lot to learn about dealing with delicate egos.

Dr. Starcs

Posted that same sentiment when he publicly called out berna at halftime of an earlier game.

When you've only got 9 players, you can't afford to lose any of 'em.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 27, 2015, 06:11:29 pm
Posted that same sentiment when he publicly called out berna at halftime of an earlier game.

When you've only got 9 players, you can't afford to lose any of 'em.
I understand what you are saying.  However, Calli is a Senior and I thought could handle it.  JJ is different.  In addition, I am looking at an advertisement from the Foundation and am reminded of give away's at the luncheons.  I am referring to basketball signed by JD.  I would much rather have a basketball signed by the team - not the coach.  That speaks volumes to a young delicate players mind.

Sueie

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on January 27, 2015, 06:09:22 pm
How do you explain the switch from a bad last 10 minutes in all games to a terrible first half against Florida.  I think it has to do with the coach having lost JJ.  She has not started for three straight games.  I understood the first two, but definitely not Florida.  JD has a lot to learn about dealing with delicate egos.

When you get to the SEC there is not time to worry about your "delicate ego".

BWS

I saw where our RPI is 17, which is the second best in the SEC. I don't think the season is lost yet. If we can go on a winning streak and pull off some upsets, we might have an outside shot at making the big dance.

seikocanon

Quote from: BWS on January 29, 2015, 11:24:59 am
I saw where our RPI is 17, which is the second best in the SEC. I don't think the season is lost yet. If we can go on a winning streak and pull off some upsets, we might have an outside shot at making the big dance.

Actually, the strength of schedule is 17.  Our RPI is 52 (which is not bad considering our current record in conference).  Here is the link

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_sec_Women.html

psycHOGlogist

The latest ESPN Bracketology actually has us in the "first four out" category, so we are definitely still on the bubble (this is after the Alabama win). So if we can pull off a couple wins against teams we're supposed to lose to, our preseason wins over Iowa and MTSU might help us get in.

As for the above comments on JJ -- jeez, I could not agree more. I have actually begun to start wondering if/when she will transfer. Some definite signs of hope in the Bama game, where I thought she looked much more involved in the game and did more things CJD likes (like rebound). And she got a nice double-double to show for it. Hope that is the start of something ...