Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations to Jimmy Dykes and the Arkansas Women for their win over Missouri 73 to 55

Started by Westcoasthog, January 18, 2015, 05:28:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Westcoasthog

Congratulations to Jimmy Dykes and the Arkansas Women in their first SEC win over Missouri 73-55 at Fayetteville.

Dwight_K_Shrute

So glad they got their first conf win.  You know these girls were busting their butts and repping the UofA the right way.  Much deserved and just the first of many.  How was the crowd?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

wbbfan32

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 18, 2015, 06:24:00 pm
So glad they got their first conf win.  You know these girls were busting their butts and repping the UofA the right way.  Much deserved and just the first of many.  How was the crowd?

Crowd was great! 4,300!

mike_the_geek

I have attended many men's games, but this is the first time we went to see the ladies play and it was awesome!  Took my 3 kids and my niece (3 girls who play bball and a toddler) and they had a great time.  Definitely will try to catch another home game or two if the schedule permits.  Looks like JD is doing a good job in his inaugural year and the players are coming along nicely.  The difference today was we outrebounded Mizzou by about 15 I think and shot very well from the FT line down the stretch.  The only main struggle I saw today for our girls was so many missed layups, otherwise we would have won by 30 or 40. 

Sueie

Another good thing today.  I think Callie Berna had 9 points.  If she shoots the ball or is at least a threat to shoot the ball we will do ok.

We are going to miss Kelsey Brooks when she leaves.

Sueie

Quote from: wbbfan32 on January 18, 2015, 07:07:45 pm
Crowd was great! 4,300!

Just goes to show what a ONE DOLLAR ticket will do for attendance.  Hopefully they have a few more games like that.

jackflash

MoHog74

Everything about Sunday's Missouri game was great to experience:  a win; CJD first SEC win; large, energetic crowd; and the weather for a January game.  Lest we forget, there were games last year that the fans were told to stay home due to the weather.

Like everyone else, I have no idea how this season will turn out.  But I do believe success is on the horizon, and CJD's goal to develop a top 25 program here will happen in the future.  If you were in BWA on Sunday, you may look back some day and say you were there from the beginning.

WPS  :razorback:

nwahogfan1

I took my wife and we both had a good time.  Jimmy is playing exactly the way he should play with this team.  It is not loaded with athletic guards or forwards but with ladies that are tough, can rebound and shoot. 

Next year he brings in his first class and it seems loaded with athletes and more long shooters.  I can see him running more and maybe even pressing.

Jimmy is a good coach and if he can recruit well over time will be a very good coach.  It is all about recruiting.  I have much more faith in him in getting the job done.  Hope I am right.