Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dudley Dawson saying it's a

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 29, 2014, 08:17:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

and I quote "WOW HIRE" and the name came out of the blue.  Will probably be made public Monday once the kids return from spring break.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Porked Tongue

"Out of the blue" but probably not unmentioned on message boards.

hog63

Dr. Starcs

tophawg19

who are the names in the WOW  category ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Porked Tongue

yraciv

Jon Gruden!  I knew it when I saw the red tie on his QB camp.

FaytownHog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 29, 2014, 08:17:45 pm
and I quote "WOW HIRE" and the name came out of the blue.  Will probably be made public Monday once the kids return from spring break.
Sign up for a free 30 day trial now to find out who the top wow candidates are!!  :-\

psycHOGlogist

March 29, 2014, 11:04:00 pm #9 Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 11:22:33 pm by psycHOGlogist
Hmmm.... I guess the degree of "wow" depends on how much Dudley knows about women's hoops. Makes it sound like GG, but ...

FaytownHog

No matter who they get, there will still be 4-500 in the stands if they are winning. I think it's just off season in Hogville land or no one would care. We love us some coaching search though!

psycHOGlogist

Crowds were much better when Blair was here, Faytown, so I think you're wrong. It's been a long time since there was an Arkansas WBB coach who related well to the media and fans. Also, if the new coach does a bit better at recruiting in-state prospects, fan interest will also perk up.

downsouthhawg72

Pat Summitt would be a wow/huge hire.
DownSouthHawg

Hogwop

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 29, 2014, 11:59:48 pm
Crowds were much better when Blair was here, Faytown, so I think you're wrong. It's been a long time since there was an Arkansas WBB coach who related well to the media and fans. Also, if the new coach does a bit better at recruiting in-state prospects, fan interest will also perk up.

I went to quite a few Ladyback games in the 90s and always had a good time. I saw some good crowds at some of those games, like during the WNIT. I think if someone were to come in here and turn the women's team into a top 25 team most years that they could pull in 4 or 5 thousand fans during SEC season or big non conference games.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Hawghiggs

Figured it would be a coach with a solid track record. D@MN Carpetbagger keeps trying to build successful programs. ;)

14erHog

We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

bulldog04

Hawghiggs

grayhawg

Folks this is not a WOW hire, more like whoops.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: grayhawg on March 30, 2014, 12:26:07 pm

WOW doesn't always mean good. Although I think Jimmy Dykes will be a heck of a coach.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dark Helmet Hog

Like it or not, everyone is talking about it.

Westcoasthog

Jimmy Dykes should be a heck of a coach for the Arkansas Women, and he will recruit very well.

VBMark

Ask yourself this, how many HS girl recruits has he EVER talked to? EVER?
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Chic-Hog-Oh

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 29, 2014, 11:04:00 pm
Hmmm.... I guess the degree of "wow" depends on how much Dudley knows about women's hoops. Makes it sound like GG, but ...

Dudley and Jimmy have known each other a long time. Those that know Jimmy will agree we think it is a wow hire.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Porked Tongue

Quote from: VBMark on March 30, 2014, 09:49:25 pm
Ask yourself this, how many HS girl recruits has he EVER talked to? EVER?
Do you know?  You'd be surprised.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: grayhawg on March 30, 2014, 12:26:07 pm
Oh, I get it. By "whoops" you mean it's short for "Women's Hoops".

Thank you.

grayhawg

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on March 31, 2014, 12:30:15 pm
Really?
Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on March 31, 2014, 05:09:45 pm
Oh, I get it. By "whoops" you mean it's short for "Women's Hoops".

Thank you.
How can a guy, no matter how well you like him who has never been a head coach and hasn't coached as an assistant in 15 or 20 years be anything besides whoops?
No track record on running a program and BTW never coached women's BB Lets see where he is in 2 or 3 years before calling him a WOW hire.

Dr. Starcs

I think by "wow" he meant it would be a huge surprise.

And it was. Now lets let it play out.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: grayhawg on March 31, 2014, 05:41:49 pm
How can a guy, no matter how well you like him who has never been a head coach and hasn't coached as an assistant in 15 or 20 years be anything besides whoops?
No track record on running a program and BTW never coached women's BB Lets see where he is in 2 or 3 years before calling him a WOW hire.
Please re-read my posts. I never called it a "wow" hire.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

grayhawg

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on April 01, 2014, 09:55:47 am
Please re-read my posts. I never called it a "wow" hire.
True enough, never said you did but the OP called him a wow hire and I replied "this is not a wow hire, more like a whoops hire" and you replied, "Really" in one post and a wise crack in another and I did read them both. Perhaps your reading comprehension is lacking.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: grayhawg on April 01, 2014, 12:17:05 pm
True enough, never said you did but the OP called him a wow hire and I replied "this is not a wow hire, more like a whoops hire" and you replied, "Really" in one post and a wise crack in another and I did read them both. Perhaps your reading comprehension is lacking.
This seems like a "whoops" comment, not a wow comment. No need for that.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: 14erHog on March 30, 2014, 10:02:55 am
Jimmy Dykes!

I like Jimmy and always have but I don't think he will be a successful head coach of any sport at the University of Arkansas.  JMO.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on April 15, 2014, 02:35:44 pm
I like Jimmy and always have but I don't think he will be a successful head coach of any sport at the University of Arkansas.  JMO.
Based on....?

jb11

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on April 15, 2014, 02:35:44 pm
Typical Hogville response.  No need to wait until he actually coaches a game before forming an opinion.

jseinfeld50

April 21, 2014, 12:56:06 pm #37 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:31:17 pm by jseinfeld50
It looks like he is making some good hires as Assistant Coaches.