Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Jeff Long have a list of candidates or does he have someone in mind.

Started by Hogtied85, March 08, 2014, 12:00:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtied85

You kind of wonder if Jeff Long already has someone in mind. Tournament has not started yet so I am very intrigued or maybe he has a list of people he is inquiring about.

Who is available

jry04

NVRyield

I've watched Foley for years since ATU, if we overlook him again, it will be a huge setback.  No one coaches their players as hard as Foley and Anderson.  Effort will never be a problem with those two on the hill.

Danny J

Quote from: NVRyield on March 08, 2014, 12:06:00 pm
I've watched Foley for years since ATU, if we overlook him again, it will be a huge setback.  No one coaches their players as hard as Foley and Anderson.  Effort will never be a problem with those two on the hill.
I like Foley as well.

PonderinHog

NVRyield

I'll say this, you never want to pick a fight with one of Foley's players.  They are pushed past the pain during offseason and play and practice tough.  Hog nation would enjoy watching his girls play, much less watch a practice.

NVRyield

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 08, 2014, 12:11:25 pm
Promote him?  Stealing has negative connotations.  :razorback:

Professors and administrators move back and forth from and to the hill.  I see no difference

rusvegashog

Went to ATU in the md 90's never understood how the best women's coach in the region was at ATU and not the flagship university. They've missed out on many many years of success.

MissippHog

Quote from: rusvegashog on March 08, 2014, 01:05:19 pm
Went to ATU in the md 90's never understood how the best women's coach in the region was at ATU and not the flagship university. They've missed out on many many years of success.
I was at Delta State during the mid to late 90's.  Many great games between the two.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogtired10 on March 08, 2014, 12:00:13 pm
You kind of wonder if Jeff Long already has someone in mind. Tournament has not started yet so I am very intrigued or maybe he has a list of people he is inquiring about.

Who is available

List:

Whoever is the Boise State coach
Whoever is the TCU coach
Whoever is the OSU coach
Whoever is a former pro coach doing TV gigs now
Whoever is the Wisconsin coach
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Karma on March 08, 2014, 03:30:41 pm
Nolan's last job was coaching women ...

Nolan's .156 winning % in the WNBA is the lowest of any coach who has coached more than 30 games in the history of the WNBA. And it's not even CLOSE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Women's_National_Basketball_Association_head_coaches

bigbadhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 08, 2014, 03:02:43 pm
List:

Whoever is the Boise State coach
Whoever is the TCU coach
Whoever is the OSU coach
Whoever is a former pro coach doing TV gigs now
Whoever is the Wisconsin coach

No to the Wisconsin coach, again...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

WhatsitHOGabout

Quote from: jry04 on March 08, 2014, 12:01:29 pm
I think you are looking for the Women's forum.
No!  He is talking about firing Mike Anderson!  :P

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bigbadhog on March 08, 2014, 03:55:25 pm
No to the Wisconsin coach, again...

What do you mean again. We've never hired the Wisconsin women's basketball coach....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi