Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those of us that were at the game Saturday...

Started by Michael D Huff AIA, November 06, 2017, 08:31:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael D Huff AIA

...what do you think the actual attendance of the game was?

We sat on the west side, so the east side looked to be about 1/3 full.  I'd estimate there were 75 people in the upper deck.  Can't tell about the suites or club level, and it was hard to tell how many were on the west side with us.

The 61,000 'official' attendance was complete fiction.

My estimate is 32,000.

OtterHog

My guess was 40-45k at kickoff. Maybe I'm a little high...

Gonzo

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 06, 2017, 08:32:58 am
My guess was 40-45k at kickoff. Maybe I'm a little high...

Um, on your guess or just in general? ;)

Go Hogs!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on November 06, 2017, 08:31:14 am

We sat on the west side, so the east side looked to be about 1/3 full.  I'd estimate there were 75 people in the upper deck.  Can't tell about the suites or club level, and it was hard to tell how many were on the west side with us.

My estimate is 32,000.
I've heard 30,000
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

cjack

I was guessing around 30.  If you just glanced at the sections, the red seats and seat backs made it look more full.  I didn't see any section that looked half full.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on November 06, 2017, 08:31:14 am

My estimate is 32,000.

Official attendance is ALWAYS tickets sold.

NuttinItUp

November 06, 2017, 08:51:56 am #7 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:10:52 am by NuttinItUp
Click photos to enlarge them:

At kickoff:

3 minutes into game:

Also, not sure when from (likely pre-game at some point):

31to6

No traffic. Empty parking lots.

61k is laughable.

West side did not look that much better than East.

Lots of t-shirt fans started bailing early in the 3rd quarter too.

EastexHawg

How many of those in the stadium paid $2 for seats or got in free?

Mo_Better_Hogs

From that last pic above, gotta give credit to all those students who hung in there.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on November 06, 2017, 09:00:58 am
From that last pic above, gotta give credit to all those students who hung in there.
The last pic was from pre-game...

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on November 06, 2017, 09:00:58 am

From the players on the field and the way they look like they are warming up, that looks like it was either before the game or halftime. Just pulled it from Twitter.

Shaddox

Mo_Better_Hogs

labb

Keep this up and we will be playing 4 games in Little Rock again....and to think about all of the remarks when WMS only had about 35,000. Win, play top level schools and there will be sell outs no matter where we play. Just think, Jeff Long was very critical of the crowd in LR. Wonder what he though about Sat. crowd..Just some fodder for the never ending Great Stadium Debate.

hog.goblin

This is late Q3, viewing from the South End Zone, out towards the east side then the west side.

EastexHawg

Quote from: labb on November 06, 2017, 09:12:51 am
Keep this up and we will be playing 4 games in Little Rock again....and to think about all of the remarks when WMS only had about 35,000. Win, play top level schools and there will be sell outs no matter where we play. Just think, Jeff Long was very critical of the crowd in LR. Wonder what he though about Sat. crowd..Just some fodder for the never ending Great Stadium Debate.

The crowd in Fayetteville didn't cause Jeff Long to run the football program into the ground.  He accomplished that all by himself.

cjack

I took these pictures after Coastal Carolina went up two scores. You should be able to see the clock in the south end zone at 12:55. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

cjack

Those pics were not after everyone left following the two score lead.  It was just after the field goal that put them up two scores
Woooo Pig Soooie!

labb

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 06, 2017, 09:15:46 am
The crowd in Fayetteville didn't cause Jeff Long to run the football program into the ground.  He accomplished that all by himself.
I think you are correct. He sure as hell caused my bunch to give up the block of 10 season tickets we had had for many, many years.

Boarcephus

I think you'll get a better idea in a couple weeks when MSU comes to town.   Coastal Carolina was not exactly a marquee draw but MSU should be.  If we get our heads handed to us Saturday like I think will happen, people will find other things to do when we play MSU.   It was the same game during Danny Fords last season when my brother and I sat there and saw what a sorry crowd we had and wondered if Frank noticed it.  I'd say he did because Danny was gone shortly thereafter. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

parallaxpig

It was half full at best so 36 would be generous.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 06, 2017, 09:28:04 am
I think you'll get a better idea in a couple weeks when MSU comes to town.   Coastal Carolina was not exactly a marquee draw but MSU should be.  If we get our heads handed to us Saturday like I think will happen, people will find other things to do when we play MSU.   It was the same game during Danny Fords last season when my brother and I sat there and saw what a sorry crowd we had and wondered if Frank noticed it.  I'd say he did because Danny was gone shortly thereafter. 

61,800 was the attendance for homecoming in 2014 against UAB, I agree, the MSU game is a better barometer.