Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rhine River Cruise??

Started by Boog41, October 28, 2017, 04:44:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog41

Anyone ever done one of these?

I'm wanting to plan one, but not sure where to start. Is there a preferred cruise line?

HawgWild

I've never been but everyone that I've talked to that has, loved it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Boog41 on October 28, 2017, 04:44:11 pm
Anyone ever done one of these?

I'm wanting to plan one, but not sure where to start. Is there a preferred cruise line?
There are several companies out there that offer such. Just Google and you can get a list. For my money it would be Viking.

Boarcephus

Had a friend just back from one and played golf with another guy who just game back and they love them.  The guy I played golf with has been on 4 of them.  From what he says, great small ship experience, give or take 100 passengers.  Beat the hell out of the mega ships with 3000+.  He indicated beer and wine were included but the harder stuff you could buy a card for and have those included as well.  Only downfall was the trip over. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boog41

Thanks Vantage for the Viking name.

Hey Boar, good to hear from you. If you wouldn't mind, next time you talk to those guys ask them if they have a preferred cruise line.  Beer and wine is all I need, so I'm good with that!!

I'm looking to go next May-ish. I know I want to start, or end, in Amsterdam.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on October 31, 2017, 06:29:37 pm
Thanks Vantage for the Viking name.

Hey Boar, good to hear from you. If you wouldn't mind, next time you talk to those guys ask them if they have a preferred cruise line.  Beer and wine is all I need, so I'm good with that!!

I'm looking to go next May-ish. I know I want to start, or end, in Amsterdam.

She told me the choose Viking because it was the most highly recommended.  She said there were roughly 200 on board, all beer, wine and Champaign was included with all meals and all excursions were included in the price.  They toured the Rhine and stayed mostly in Germany.  They enjoyed theirs so much they've already scheduled another one next year touring the Danube.  We may look into one of those in the near future.  I'd just dread the flight.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boog41

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 01, 2017, 08:09:29 am
She told me the choose Viking because it was the most highly recommended.  She said there were roughly 200 on board, all beer, wine and Champaign was included with all meals and all excursions were included in the price.  They toured the Rhine and stayed mostly in Germany.  They enjoyed theirs so much they've already scheduled another one next year touring the Danube.  We may look into one of those in the near future.  I'd just dread the flight.

Awesome! Thanks brotha!

I'm with you on that flight over. Nine hours is a long time to be in a sardine can.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on November 01, 2017, 10:04:13 am
Awesome! Thanks brotha!

I'm with you on that flight over. Nine hours is a long time to be in a sardine can.

The only time in my life I wish I was 4 feet tall and weigh in at 50 pounds is when I climb on board a plane. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 01, 2017, 08:09:29 am
My wife and I just got back from a trip to Eastern Europe. While we didn't travel Viking, we did see several of their ships tied up along the bank near the Parliament Building on the Danube in Budapest. Whether one goes by ship or land, the capital of Hungary is an absolute MUST see. Incredibly beautiful and exciting city. BTW if anyone has seen any of the printed or tv advertisement for Viking it's very likely you would have seen the aforementioned building along the Danube.

DeltaBoy

Thanks we been talking about doing this once we retire!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.