Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A way to get fans happy and at the games

Started by Tusks, November 10, 2017, 09:23:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

How about firing BB after the LSU game and then a groundswell from the fans to pack the stadium for MSU to show the players that they are supported by the fans.

There's no chance it would mean anything other than the fans love the players because BB wouldn't be on the sideline.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Marshfieldhog

I would fired CBB after the LSU game, lets fans enjoy the last 2 games knowing help is on the way. No reason turning last 2 games into a boo fest.

jst01

Might be nice; however, how would the locker room react?  No matter what the fans and 'outside world' ;) think, the player might feel differently about firing him during the season.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Yep, if you want to salvage this season at all I would do it.  It would remove the cloud.  I honestly think it would have happened after OM game if not for the miraculous comeback.  BB was on life support and Matt Luke couldn't bring himself to pull the plug.  Would have definitely happened after Coastal.  Either way I think it would be a shot in the arm for fans, "Hey we at least have something to look forward to next year let's enjoy the rest of this year now that we know happy days are here again." 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tusks

Quote from: jst01 on November 10, 2017, 09:27:05 am
Might be nice; however, how would the locker room react?  No matter what the fans and 'outside world' ;) think, the player might feel differently about firing him during the season.

A fired coach is a fired coach.  What are you worried about?  The players are going to lay over even worse because BB is fired?  Then let them.  The bottom line is that Arkansas fans will pack the stadium for a 4-6 team knowing there's hope and a new coach coming for next season.  I think it would send a great message to recruits and for all those worried about what others, press and media, think of Arkansas.

I think it would be an awesome gesture for everyone involved.  It would start the healing process for the entire program.

The Hawg Marshal

I've said all along it won't happen until the end of the season. I still believe it won't. But I'm finally on board with letting it happen as soon as possible.

The NewEra

I would like to see this happen solely for the reason that the fan base could show up in force and show support for the Seniors and the rest of the team.  I've called for a boycott of the remaining two games in order to send a message to the administration and I hate that the players might think the no shows will be a reflection on them rather than the coach.  The OP's suggestion would put many issues to rest and avoid the need to continue expressing our concerns over the direction of the program.

Tusks

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 10, 2017, 09:32:54 am
You folks can wish for that all you want but it's not going to happen.  Repeat after me:  BB WILL BE THE HOG COACH UNTIL AFTER THE MIZZOU GAME!  Say it at least 3 times a day or until it sinks in.

Let's put some money on if BB is the coach of the hogs Dec. 1st.

Tusks

Quote from: The NewEra on November 10, 2017, 09:37:10 am
I would like to see this happen solely for the reason that the fan base could show up in force and show support for the Seniors and the rest of the team.  I've called for a boycott of the remaining two games in order to send a message to the administration and I hate that the players might think the no shows will be a reflection on them rather than the coach.  The OP's suggestion would put many issues to rest and avoid the need to continue expressing our concerns over the direction of the program.

I think it would be an amazing atmosphere and great for everyone involved.  Do whats best for the program and the fans for a change.

FANONTHEHILL

The locker room wants to win football games.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

porkrindjimmy

The Hawg Marshal

Tusks

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 10, 2017, 09:43:33 am

How do you think the team would react if BB was let go on Sunday and then 72K show up against MSU?

I think they'd be energized so see a full stadium.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 09:46:13 am
How do you think the team would react if BB was let go on Sunday and then 72K show up against MSU?

I think they'd be energized so see a full stadium.

He just told you the team wants to win football games...period.

Read between the lines there.

PFJ

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 09:47:14 am

PFJ
Yeah I think FOTH's statement speaks for itself.

Tusks

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 09:47:14 am

PFJ

Well one poster in the thread is worried the team would be upset if he was fired during the season.  If they're just worried about winning then BB being fired wouldn't make a difference.

Either way let's make this happen. 

Fire him Sunday and then pack the stadium agains MSU!

oldhawg

Amidst all the turmoil, this is the one thing I believe.

Dwight_K_Shrute

We've got some great kids.  We have always had great kids.  They have pride, they want to compete.  They however need to be lead by the adults.  They aren't pros and they are still learning, maturing, and developing.  They are easily influenced by the paid adults, and take their cues from them.  The weight of losing weighs on them and the future uncertainty weighs on them.  You lift that weight and I would bet you see a different team (not guaranteed see FL).  May not result in a different outcome I believe the effort/atmosphere would be different.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

The Hawg Marshal

I honestly don't think it would fill the stadium, but it would provide hope to most fans. If they do it I'll come to the last 2 games .

Birminghog

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 09:51:10 am
Well one poster in the thread is worried the team would be upset if he was fired during the season.  If they're just worried about winning then BB being fired wouldn't make a difference.

Either way let's make this happen. 

Fire him Sunday and then pack the stadium agains MSU!

I suspect that FOTH has a closer proximity to the locker room than anyone else on MMQB, which is why I tend to pay attention to him more than anyone else. Thanks for being here, FOTH.

texas tush hog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 10, 2017, 09:36:24 am
I've said all along it won't happen until the end of the season. I still believe it won't. But I'm finally on board with letting it happen as soon as possible.

Waiting until November 25th would show some real class. Have Mike Norvell in the wings and announce him ASAP for the December early signing period.

Tusks

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 10, 2017, 11:13:13 am

Waiting until November 25th would show some real class. Have Mike Norvell in the wings and announce him ASAP for the December early signing period.

Can you imagine what its going to be like in the stadium if LSU curb stomps the hogs, which is more than likely.

The poor kids may play in front of 30K and then MO will be even worse.

Pig In The City

DoctorSusscrofa

Just another attempt to show BB hatred.  How about we support our team, no matter who the coach is, and act like adults that know the difference between games and more important things.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 09:30:14 am
A fired coach is a fired coach.  What are you worried about?  The players are going to lay over even worse because BB is fired?  Then let them.  The bottom line is that Arkansas fans will pack the stadium for a 4-6 team knowing there's hope and a new coach coming for next season.  I think it would send a great message to recruits and for all those worried about what others, press and media, think of Arkansas.

I think it would be an awesome gesture for everyone involved.  It would start the healing process for the entire program.
How did it work out for Florida against Missouri?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Tusks

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 10, 2017, 11:29:47 am

Thats not the fricken point dolittle.  The point is for the fans to show appreciation to the team without the huge shadow of failed BB lurking.  They're going to get killed against LSU and if BB is still around there won't be 30K in the stadium for MSU.

This isn't necessarily about getting a win, its about healing and giving the fans a chance to show they are behind the program and a new direction.  Market it that way and get a full stadium and allow some appreciation to be shown to the players.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 10, 2017, 11:29:47 am

That change wasn't made to around Tuesday, didn't even get a full week of practice in under Shannon PLUS had to go on the road to Columbia.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I would have bet money that the OP was going to say, "Bring back Coke!"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 10, 2017, 11:36:55 am
That change wasn't made to around Tuesday, didn't even get a full week of practice in under Shannon PLUS had to go on the road to Columbia.

You mean, they had to have more time with their assistant coach Shannon who's been around for three years?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

code red

How is the locker room now?  Haven't we already had a fight?  I mean does it really matter either way?  These kids are going to get obliterated because their coach ran a country club this summer.  It could be worse actually vs. Miss State. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

cjack

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 11:36:43 am
Thats not the fricken point dolittle.  The point is for the fans to show appreciation to the team without the huge shadow of failed BB lurking.  They're going to get killed against LSU and if BB is still around there won't be 30K in the stadium for MSU.

This isn't necessarily about getting a win, its about healing and giving the fans a chance to show they are behind the program and a new direction.  Market it that way and get a full stadium and allow some appreciation to be shown to the players.

Exactly.  I'll make the 4 hour drive back up there the first week BB isn't on the sidelines.  Until then, I'm watching at home.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Silver Hog

let bert coach, and lose them all. Every game he loses cements his coaching career even deeper in the dumpster.

Kevin

fire him, the call the last two games, player appreciation games. come support the players
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

moses_007

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 10, 2017, 02:08:39 pm
a bottle of this for remaining home games.
All of us will need a whole bottle of booze to endure it.

Pork Ranger

jgphillips3

I personally have been okay with letting him stay until after Mizzou, but in all honesty, do you think the team can be any worse prepared if he is gone?  Hell, let Enos or Rhoads or even Lunney take the helm and see what happens.  The ultimate outcome doesn't change.  I believe this fish is more rotten at the Head than the tail so I see no downside performance wise.

HogPharmer

I just knew opening this thread it was going to be about Coca-Cola products back in concessions.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

DeltaBoy

Bring back coke and a free pint of Crown Royal.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

shown006

The locker room didn't look like they wanted to win against Coastal Carolina.  Not a lot of effort out there.  We will see what happens Saturday against LSU, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope for a great effort.
WPS!

soso

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 09:41:10 am
Let's put some money on if BB is the coach of the hogs Dec. 1st.
He will be the coach until his buyout decreases later this year or early next, whatever day that is unless they can reach a settlement.

hogsolutely

Tusks

Quote from: soso on November 10, 2017, 04:05:48 pm
He will be the coach until his buyout decreases later this year or early next, whatever day that is unless they can reach a settlement.

What do you do about the early signing period?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 10, 2017, 11:06:43 am
I honestly don't think it would fill the stadium, but it would provide hope to most fans. If they do it I'll come to the last 2 games .
Anybody got any indoor tickets for sale for the last 2 games?lol

hogsolutely

buy a ticket get throw name in a hat to win a date with a cheerleader.  :)

hobhog

So on Senior Day you won't go because of the coach. Classic.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: hobhog on November 10, 2017, 05:32:00 pm
So on Senior Day you won't go because of the coach. Classic.

I was with a former Razorback player early in the season.  I asked him whose voice was loudest within the program.  Surprisingly, he told me then that fans have the most impact and that impact is huge.  I had no idea that I would actually have the chance to see that play out this year.  I understand those that are saying fans should go to the games and that any absence tells players that they don't support them.  I believe quite the opposite.  In parenting, my college age children could not always see the big picture because they had no long term perspective at 18-21.  People skipping games are telling the University that they are unhappy with the direction of the program, believing they want what's best for the program in the long term. 

So, I agree with the OP because at least in my world with donors, season ticket holders and casual fans that might otherwise attend games, are expressing that discontent in the way they can.