Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody else see..

Started by Paulsooie, November 10, 2017, 05:13:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulsooie

The show on the SEC network last night about Coastal Carolina week?  It was the first time I had seen one of those shows.  I thought it was visually really well done, and showed some interesting things about the practices and the build up.  Audibly however it was kind of hard to listen to, I'm not sure if our PR department put it out or if it was done by the network. 

The few things I noticed in the game were the defensive coaches talking to the team on the sideline.  They showed Coach Rhodes and the secondary coach talking to them after every surrendered touchdown.  They took the approach that I would take with my 10 year old who was playing his first year.  Kind of like it's ok, keep your heads up we will get them on the next one, here is the wrong technique you were using.  Pat on the head, don't worry about it.  I guess it might have been the right approach since they held at the end of the game.

However, I also have a 21 year old who was all around the sport since he and I could communicate with each other.  The approach I would probably have taken with him would be, man that guy has your manhood in his back pocket, this isn't anything we haven't been doing for years go out there and knock the water out of him and get it back.  We are men, we have to look this in the face and fight, they are taking my something of ours that we aren't going to give up.  Don't hang your head, bust your butt and get out there and show them you are a man and fight.  This is just a minor thing in life, but if you give it up that easily, you aren't going to have what you need when the big things of life come to the door and you have a family standing behind you. Use your grit. 

Maybe I took it the wrong way, or I'm not a good father with my kids lol but it was something that stood out to me.  However, like I said they did find a way to tighten up at the end, so maybe I'm wrong.  They do get paid pretty good for those decisions.
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

PorkRinds

Could it be possible that you didn't hear everything that was said on the sideline in the short clips they showed??

Mike Irwin

That show is little more than PR for the team featured each week but there are so many cameras involved you do get to see some interesting sideline exchanges. I agree with you. There was no fire in Arkansas' coaches. They seemed to be taking the approach that they didn't want to hurt any of the players feelings.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Paulsooie on November 10, 2017, 05:13:13 pm
The show on the SEC network last night about Coastal Carolina week?  It was the first time I had seen one of those shows.  I thought it was visually really well done, and showed some interesting things about the practices and the build up.  Audibly however it was kind of hard to listen to, I'm not sure if our PR department put it out or if it was done by the network. 

The few things I noticed in the game were the defensive coaches talking to the team on the sideline.  They showed Coach Rhodes and the secondary coach talking to them after every surrendered touchdown.  They took the approach that I would take with my 10 year old who was playing his first year.  Kind of like it's ok, keep your heads up we will get them on the next one, here is the wrong technique you were using.  Pat on the head, don't worry about it.  I guess it might have been the right approach since they held at the end of the game.

However, I also have a 21 year old who was all around the sport since he and I could communicate with each other.  The approach I would probably have taken with him would be, man that guy has your manhood in his back pocket, this isn't anything we haven't been doing for years go out there and knock the water out of him and get it back.  We are men, we have to look this in the face and fight, they are taking my something of ours that we aren't going to give up.  Don't hang your head, bust your butt and get out there and show them you are a man and fight.  This is just a minor thing in life, but if you give it up that easily, you aren't going to have what you need when the big things of life come to the door and you have a family standing behind you. Use your grit. 

Maybe I took it the wrong way, or I'm not a good father with my kids lol but it was something that stood out to me.  However, like I said they did find a way to tighten up at the end, so maybe I'm wrong.  They do get paid pretty good for those decisions.

Thats interesting cuz Rhoads has been seen to be very vocal in "in your face".

I like CBB but I hate how he's emotionless on the sideline when things are going bad.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Paulsooie

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 10, 2017, 05:18:19 pm
Could it be possible that you didn't hear everything that was said on the sideline in the short clips they showed??

Yes, it's entirely possible.  That's why I said it was one of the few things I noticed, not that it was everything that transpired through the whole four hours lol.  But, it was what was chosen to put on the show, so it was all I had to work with.  Did you see it?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Paulsooie on November 10, 2017, 05:23:29 pm
Yes, it's entirely possible.  That's why I said it was one of the few things I noticed, not that it was everything that transpired through the whole four hours lol.  But, it was what was chosen to put on the show, so it was all I had to work with.  Did you see it?

Nah. I can't stomach much more the. Watching half of the games at this point. I usually turn it off at half time.  I used to consume every interview and bit I could find. Just can't do it right now. These guys are soft for a reason though. Maybe that's part of it.

Rayzback

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 10, 2017, 05:21:29 pm
Thats interesting cuz Rhoads has been seen to be very vocal in "in your face".

I like CBB but I hate how he's emotionless on the sideline when things are going bad.

Be positive now! Things aren't bad... they're just less good.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Paulsooie

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 10, 2017, 05:25:41 pm
Nah. I can't stomach much more the. Watching half of the games at this point. I usually turn it off at half time.  I used to consume every interview and bit I could find. Just can't do it right now. These guys are soft for a reason though. Maybe that's part of it.

I can totally understand that man.  I am just stuck working months at a time in Oklahoma away from family.  Hard to find much hog related on tv, and I'm usually more of a reader of hogville than a poster. 

Paulsooie

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 10, 2017, 05:18:27 pm
That show is little more than PR for the team featured each week but there are so many cameras involved you do get to see some interesting sideline exchanges. I agree with you. There was no fire in Arkansas' coaches. They seemed to be taking the approach that they didn't want to hurt any of the players feelings.

I've always enjoyed your insight into the program over the years.  I appreciate what you do.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Paulsooie on November 10, 2017, 05:13:13 pm

It's a fragile team. Screaming at them will make it worse.

Paulsooie

That's also true, but it's also possible to get in another's mans grill and still get your point across without screaming yet still get them stirred up.