Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Jeff Long get rid of Popcorn Hog?

Started by Seebs, November 10, 2017, 12:50:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

If so, that is his greatest achievement.

Please list his other achievements to help him bolster his defense fund.

This may be a very short post.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Is that negated by the removal of slobberin' hog?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Marshfieldhog

Got rid of Matt Shanklin? I'm grasping at straws here.

McKdaddy

He brought a computer into the AD's office?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Wildhog on November 10, 2017, 12:52:19 pm

Not just negated, but down -2...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The UofA does get mentioned in almost 100% of the coverage given to the play-off committee...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hogblog

He made flip flops coaching attire.....  ;)

Kevin

getting rid of slobbin hog should have got him fired. just another example of him not understanding the culture here. and he never wanted to learn about it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

go hogues

Quote from: Kevin on November 10, 2017, 01:06:40 pm
getting rid of slobbin hog should have got him fired. just another example of him not understanding the culture here. and he never wanted to learn about it.
One of the great ironies of his time here was the removal of the slobbering hog but the continued use of the old "ARKANSAS" and "RAZORBACKS" fonts in the football endzones. With as much hoopla as he generated for that new font, it's never been repainted on the endzones.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

rljjr

No, not negated. Slobberin' Hog was iconic. It was the way in which Razorback basketball was played. He also took the option away from the baseball team to have characteristic and traditional baseball uniforms in favor of his trademarked crap font. If we can have variation in colors that aren't part of the U of A color scheme we should be able to have a different font that actually has been traditional at U of A.

Seebs

He did get rid of the term - Lady Backs - that is something right?  I'm almost out
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Kevin

Quote from: rljjr on November 10, 2017, 01:23:41 pm
No, not negated. Slobberin' Hog was iconic. It was the way in which Razorback basketball was played. He also took the option away from the baseball team to have characteristic and traditional baseball uniforms in favor of his trademarked crap font. If we can have variation in colors that aren't part of the U of A color scheme we should be able to have a different font that actually has been traditional at U of A.

we had a brand. he did not need to change it, in the name of branding
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: go hogues on November 10, 2017, 01:12:10 pm
One of the great ironies of his time here was the removal of the slobbering hog but the continued use of the old "ARKANSAS" and "RAZORBACKS" fonts in the football endzones. With as much hoopla as he generated for that new font, it's never been repainted on the endzones.

Just saving money until the new turf is installed this summer. We wouldn't want to be spending money foolishly.

Marshfieldhog

Slobberin' Hog was cool, hope it returns after Long and his minions are gone.

go hogues

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 01:26:44 pm
Just saving money until the new turf is installed this summer. We wouldn't want to be spending money foolishly.
Are they installing new turf over the summer?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

dalefromspringdale

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 10, 2017, 01:04:33 pm
The UofA does get mentioned in almost 100% of the coverage given to the play-off committee...

They still do? (serious question btw, I don't watch playoff committee unless its week 14)

Tusks

Quote from: go hogues on November 10, 2017, 01:30:19 pm

I wish they'd go back to grass.  Even OMU has grass.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rljjr

Quote from: Kevin on November 10, 2017, 01:25:59 pm

I agree with you, Kevin.

ricepig

Quote from: go hogues on November 10, 2017, 01:30:19 pm

That's the plan, the turf will be 10yrs old, I believe.

jgphillips3

Im pretty sure Slobbering Hog, after being released from the hardwoods, collided with Popcorn Hog and they destroyed themselves in a matter/anti-matter fashion.

Cotton

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 01:39:04 pm
I wish they'd go back to grass.  Even OMU has grass.
I've been on the natural grass at Kyle Field in College Station and it's pristine.  As a former athlete, I would 100% prefer that to turf.  Problem is, it's super expensive to keep it that way for 7 or 8 games.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 10, 2017, 01:41:31 pm
Im pretty sure Slobbering Hog, after being released from the hardwoods, collided with Popcorn Hog and they destroyed themselves in a matter/anti-matter fashion.
And the result was Pumba Hog  ::)

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Gonzo

Quote from: Seebs on November 10, 2017, 12:50:52 pm

If he did, I agree it was a good move. Now if he'd just do likewise with the ASU looking Hog. Oh, and getting rid of Pepsi.

Go Hogs!

PorkSoda

spending 160 million over 20 years on a stadium renovation based on contract revenue from ESPN that will likely be significantly reduced when renegotiated in a few years and "increased ticket sales"
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

phadedhawg

It was prophesied by Greg in Accounting that when Slobbering Hog returns to midcourt and the court bears Nolan's name, the NCAA Championship will return. 

It is known.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 10, 2017, 02:41:06 pm
spending 160 million over 20 years on a stadium renovation based on contract revenue from ESPN that will likely be significantly reduced when renegotiated in a few years and "increased ticket sales"

The ESPN contract for the SEC Network expires in 2034.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article318579/SEC-ESPN-extend-broadcast-agreement-through-2034-launch-new-network.html

bphi11ips

Quote from: Kevin on November 10, 2017, 01:25:59 pm

Forward Facing Hog = New Coke
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

The OTR

Jeff Long did get rid of popcorn hog. He has two more he's working on getting right now.  Not going to tell you their names but I'll give you a hint:

_eltaboy

Kenn_forAD

If you can figure out who I'm talking to then that's fine.  Those with wisdom probably can apply some of that wisdom and figure out this riddle.  If you're a real dumba$$ then you might not be able to figure it out. 

He's keeping a dossier on both.  In fact he brought the dossiers to the BOT meeting yesterday but didn't get in there to share his findings in these two rabble rousers. 

Kong may go down...but some of you are going with him.

PorkSoda

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

bphi11ips

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 10, 2017, 02:52:13 pm
Jeff Long did get rid of popcorn hog. He has two more he's working on getting right now.  Not going to tell you their names but I'll give you a hint:

_eltaboy

Kenn_forAD

If you can figure out who I'm talking to then that's fine.  Those with wisdom probably can apply some of that wisdom and figure out this riddle.  If you're a real dumba$$ then you might not be able to figure it out. 

He's keeping a dossier on both.  In fact he brought the dossiers to the BOT meeting yesterday but didn't get in there to share his findings in these two rabble rousers. 

I heard he keeps a dossier on a schizophrenic Hogville poster with many aliases ...

jvanhorn

POPCORN HOG LIVES ON.  HE IS LIKE A COCKROACH.  HE WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US TO REMIND OF US WHEN LIFE WAS GOOD.  HE WILL BE AROUND LONG AFTER US MERE MORTALS MOVE ON.

jvanhorn

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 10, 2017, 02:49:40 pm
Forward Facing Hog = New Coke

UGLIEST LOOKING LOGO ON THE PLANET.  COMPLETELY SCREWS UP THE LOOK OF THE UNIFORM.

The OTR

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 10, 2017, 02:56:21 pm
I heard he keeps a dossier on a schizophrenic Hogville poster with many aliases ...

It's just me, little man.  I don't have time to be anyone else.  And anyone with an ounce of sense could analyze the writing styles of those others accused of being the same person and realize it would take a certified genius to change that much from character to character and never slip up.  And I'm no genius and I can safely say that I don't believe the others are either.

Pillow H. "Skandar" Jackson

snoblind

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 10, 2017, 02:56:21 pm

takes a whole file cabinet

bphi11ips

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 10, 2017, 03:02:37 pm
UGLIEST LOOKING LOGO ON THE PLANET.  COMPLETELY SCREWS UP THE LOOK OF THE UNIFORM.

Arkansas has four iconic representations of the Razorbacks brand - the Hog call, the fight song, the cardinal (and its slight variations, with emphasis on slight), and the running razorback logo. All four transcend generations and are institutional. 

Attempting to force logos and traditions on a century old fanbase is the height of arrogance. 

hawgmasta

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 10, 2017, 02:52:13 pm

_eltaboy

Kenn_forAD

Jeffy has been after Delta since the first carpetbag comment, it's finally coming to a head I see. Can't say that I'm surprised.

The OTR

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 10, 2017, 03:16:47 pm
Arkansas has four iconic representations of the Razorbacks brand - the Hog call, the fight song, the cardinal (and its slight variations, with emphasis on slight), and the running razorback logo. All four transcend generations and are institutional. 

Attempting to force logos and traditions on a century old fanbase is the height of arrogance.

Disagree on how many iconic representations we have.  We also have the big Razorback helmet on the three wheeler, jelly sandwiches halftime tradition, Tom penders wondering around aimlessly in the bowels of barn hill arena in a phantom of opera kind of way (a well tanned phantom of the opera), and forest city joe, the very definition of iconic representation when it comes to message boards and call in showns. 

ricepig

porkrindjimmy

He made football fun again.....

PRJ

Seebs

He introduced anthracite. Is that not enough to keep his job?

He is negotiating wifi improvements?  Is that not godlike abilities?

During his time, we all now throw up the 'A' - and also throw up Pepsi.  Is this not genius.

Jeff Long - real man of Genius.

thebignasty

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 10, 2017, 03:10:18 pm
It's just me, little man.  I don't have time to be anyone else.  And anyone with an ounce of sense could analyze the writing styles of those others accused of being the same person and realize it would take a certified genius to change that much from character to character and never slip up.  And I'm no genius and I can safely say that I don't believe the others are either.

Pillow H. "Skandar" Jackson

pretty good attempt at misdirection for a non-genius
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Cotton

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 03:31:08 pm
He made football fun again.....

PRJ
First you smile, now you thinkin. You think football is still fun?

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

TeufelHog

Don't forget . . . he switched us from Coke to Pepsi products.  Hog football program will never be worth a "shat" again until this mistake of epic proportions is reversed!  I like to call it the "Coke Curse!"

Hog-Corleone

While the removal of Popcorn hog was one of his greatest achievements, they historic amount of negative karma that was placed upon the basketball program due to the removal of Sloberin' Hog, can only be compensated for by bringing Slobberin' Hog back.  Nothing else will ever remove or lighten the dark cloud.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

ricepig

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 10, 2017, 03:58:40 pm
Don't forget . . . he switched us from Coke to Pepsi products.  Hog football program will never be worth a "shat" again until this mistake of epic proportions is reversed!  I like to call it the "Coke Curse!"

But he didn't, the BOT did, still trust them??

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 04:10:11 pm
But he didn't, the BOT did, still trust them??
Long tricked the BOT with fancy math.

he failed to inform them of the long term damage Pepsi would do to the program.

Tusks

If they brought back slobberin hog to the bud, I bet attendee would go up for the season
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgjr

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 04:19:46 pm
If they brought back slobberin hog to the bud, I bet attendee would go up for the season
YES!