Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Impressive Second Year from Flowers

Started by Drew Amman, January 30, 2017, 11:30:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Becoming one of my favorite all time hogs. One of CBB best recruiting jobs was convincing Trey to come back for his final year.
For Hogvillians wondering what happened to our defense the last two years, you have to look no further than Trey's absence along with Philon and Spaight. Two Alabama and one Little Rock boy. Some of the best.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 31, 2017, 11:00:09 am
Becoming one of my favorite all time hogs. One of CBB best recruiting jobs was convincing Trey to come back for his final year.
For Hogvillians wondering what happened to our defense the last two years, you have to look no further than Trey's absence along with Philon and Spaight. Two Alabama and one Little Rock boy. Some of the best.

Yep losing Him and Kirkland and Budda was bad for us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hobhog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hobhog on January 31, 2017, 02:54:57 pm
Moderately recruited 3 star wasn't he?

As were most of our defensive players during the last 2 seasons. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

It's amazing what a few NFL caliber players can do for your defense.  When they left, so did our defense.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hoglady

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 31, 2017, 02:57:26 pm
It's amazing what a few NFL caliber players can do for your defense.  When they left, so did our defense.

Yep - knew would miss them, but sure didn't think we would be abysmal without them.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

daBoar

factchecker

Quote from: daBoar on January 31, 2017, 03:56:12 pm
Yes, CBP's guys.

Spaight was a Bielema recruit.

Spaight was told that he was too small by Petrino's crew:

QuoteHis boy, the one staff members under former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino said was "too small" to play in the SEC, had proven his doubters wrong.

"To have coaches saying what you can't do, and then you're here doing it, that's fun," Mark Spaight said. "I think I was most excited about that moment for him."

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/spaight-excelling-linebacker-arkansas
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bubba's Bruisers

Cinco de Hogo