Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, the Trustees discussed the President's role in athletic contracts

Started by ricepig, January 27, 2017, 02:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Hoggish1

Ah, the You of A where administrators push money at each other for their excellent work (such a fine club...)!

buldozer

Just to clarify that the $500K guy signs the $4.5M guys contract....

ricepig

Quote from: buldozer on January 27, 2017, 04:33:26 pm

And the $0 guys sign the $500k guy.

Jackrabbit Hog

Classic case of the tail wagging the dog.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

DoctorSusscrofa

Darn! I always enjoy hearing discussions like these at board of directors' meetings. Awfully interesting stuff.  When I do hear them, I try to record them so that I can play them back again later. The only sad thing is that they're usually too short. They never last as long as I'd prefer. That's why I like to play them again and again, so that I can get that joy and warmth of hearing it again.  I wonder if there will be a bootleg tape out there soon. I hope so. Because I'll just die if I don't get to hear it. I really will.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on January 28, 2017, 08:55:54 am
Darn! I always enjoy hearing discussions like these at board of directors' meetings. Awfully interesting stuff.  When I do hear them, I try to record them so that I can play them back again later. The only sad thing is that they're usually too short. They never last as long as I'd prefer. That's why I like to play them again and again, so that I can get that joy and warmth of hearing it again.  I wonder if there will be a bootleg tape out there soon. I hope so. Because I'll just die if I don't get to hear it. I really will.

How much will you pay for a copy of the tape?

harrisburghog

Maybe they're sending a message to Long, CS way to do things, but could be.

ricepig

Quote from: harrisburghog on January 28, 2017, 10:29:27 am
Maybe they're sending a message to Long, CS way to do things, but could be.

Probably like, "don't approve and sign anymore contracts without reading them". Of course, Goodson being a plaintiffs attorney knows about exorbitant fees.

deedster84

Actually I think an elected official of the state signs his paycheck. I have been wrong before though.

ricepig

Quote from: deedster84 on January 28, 2017, 04:21:53 pm
Actually I think an elected official of the state signs his paycheck. I have been wrong before though.
Direct deposit, nobody signs anything anymore.......

jimhog

Basketball and football are inferior at this time but what really bothers me is that I don't see any improvement coming down the pike. Not good and that includes the AD.

Hog Solo

Things are trending down, but at this point why should we care about sports?  There's more going on in the world and more greater concerns to be worried about.

Hogwild

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 09:24:38 am
How much will you pay for a copy of the tape?

I am curious to know if last week's 'ad' came up in the meeting, as in we are spending $8 million for what?

ricepig

Quote from: Hogwild on January 29, 2017, 09:42:13 am
I am curious to know if last week's 'ad' came up in the meeting, as in we are spending $8 million for what?

I'd be very surprised, more like "don't sign off on any huge buyouts without first running it by someone".

Hogwild

Just remember some of those trustees can be more of the academic type, some (not speaking about any individual or Arkansas') would love to do away with college sports all together.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogwild on January 29, 2017, 10:02:37 am
Just remember some of those trustees can be more of the academic type, some (not speaking about any individual or Arkansas') would love to do away with college sports all together.

Well, counting my neighbor, I know 4 of them that have suites, lol, so some care about sports.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 28, 2017, 11:46:12 pm
Things are trending down, but at this point why should we care about sports?  There's more going on in the world and more greater concerns to be worried about.

I'm sure people can multi task. It's not hard to worry about everything. Just like the world, there is nothing we can do about that either so why not complain about it to make people feel better about themselves.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hawgon

Red socks is somewhat dissatisfied with things up there and has been for some time.

buldozer

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2017, 09:52:11 am
I'd be very surprised, more like "don't sign off on any huge buyouts without first running it by someone".

This is a good move. It puts certain people on notice they are being reigned in and certainly need to be.

wachhog

Sports are supposed to serve as a distraction. Except, at Arkansas. What's going on in the world is no more depressing.

Inhogswetrust

That could be said about everyday throughout ALL of history. You are on a sports site. Expect to read about sports. Besides sports are a huge part of the economy. If you don't care about sports then why post on a sports site. Trolling at its core.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorbackers

I'm shocked they don't want you folks involved in the process.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 30, 2017, 01:23:45 pm
I'm shocked they don't want you folks involved in the process.

No kidding. If fans were involved they wouldn't be able to field a Pee Wee league team!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig