Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I came to....

Started by twistitup, January 27, 2017, 01:20:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How will we finish the upcooming season?

...win the SEC?
...finish in the top 10?
....finish with 7 or more wins?
...finish w 6 wins or less?
...eat frito pie?

twistitup

I say we roll w 7-8 wins again....if we improve our stamina - maybe better.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

longpig

Too early for all the above except frito pie.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pork Twain

I said frito pie because I think we will get 9-10 wins but will not finish in the top 10.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

twistitup

twistitup

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 27, 2017, 01:24:52 pm
I said frito pie because I think we will get 9-10 wins but will not finish in the top 10.

Fair enough

And i assume you enjoy a good fp

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Wildhog

...kick ass and chew bubble gum?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TrueBlue

Position ourselves for five-finger discounts at Belk?

twistitup

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 27, 2017, 01:36:56 pm
Position ourselves for five-finger discounts at Belk?

Hopefully not, but if so....at least let us be playing in New Orleans - at least there the cops just beat you and steal your cash. That story never would have made the news.

.....JS goes on to over 200 rec yds and 3 tds after being a hailed as a hero for playing in a game only house after being 'robbed' at gunpoint by the Bourbon St. Crips

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2017, 01:24:53 pm
Whats your prediction big benny?

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkSoda

9-10 is more than 7

and you certainly aren't going to finish in the top 10 with less than 7, so...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

nchogg

I said 7 or more wins with this chart which could mean 10 wins, or win the sec or the same as 2016. As everyone, hope for the best or a slap in the face.

hawginbigd1

PorkSoda

Quote from: nchogg on January 27, 2017, 03:48:52 pm
I said 7 or more wins with this chart which could mean 10 wins, or win the sec or the same as 2016. As everyone, hope for the best or a slap in the face.
are you expecting we could win the sec with less than 7 wins?

I'm pretty sure finishing in the top 10 implies more than seven wins and winning the SEC implies a top 10 finish and winning more than 7 games.

we could also win 7 or more games and not win the SEC and not finish in the top 10.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SRV

I like your thinking.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Anybody

...and Bert was still the coach.

GO HOGS 2017 !

Al Boarland

I think 8 wins is attainable now that CBB flinching. I mean, moving workouts to the evening is genius and all, but guarantees the boys finish the game strong.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Calling All Hogs

I predict we will finish in the top 10 SEC teams with a little luck.

navyhog24

Will be lucky to win 6 with this sorry head coach

hobhog

Go to the games.

We win 10.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

7 maybe 8 wins with another trip to the Belk
Let's make some waves.

longtimeHogfan

It's year 5.  Anything less than 10 is unacceptable. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

PORKULATOR

11.... second place in the west.
Finish the season 9th with a really GOOD bowl.
Then again, I just smoked a really GOOD bowl.
Soooooo

Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

nchogg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 28, 2017, 12:10:06 am
I predict we will finish in the top 10 SEC teams with a little luck.
Good one.

ricepig

jgphillips3

"...kick some ass and drink some beer...and I'm almost out of beer."

JackJohnson

I know it might be uncommon, but I voted for us to do something that has never been done here before and win the SEC because I think we are doing things the right way and karma is on our side

HiggiePiggy

9 wins if they find a way to play second half of games.  That stat has been pretty bad every year so far except for 1 2015 (64th) all other years have been in the 100s with 2016 being the worst so far. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

LZH

farmhawg

Since we have made such progress, I predict we win the west this year.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: farmhawg on January 29, 2017, 12:41:46 pm
Since we have made such progress, I predict we win the west this year.

Will we get rings?

onebadrubi

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on January 28, 2017, 09:36:19 am
It's year 5.  Anything less than 10 is unacceptable.

Odd years are going to be hard to get 10 wins without being a top team in the country, FYI

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Iwastherein1969

We are, Miss St !    We are, Miss St !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hogwild

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 29, 2017, 02:27:43 pm
We are, Miss St ! Vandy   We are, Miss St !Vandy

Last 5 years Miss St. has won 40 games, during that same span we haven't won 30.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogwild on January 29, 2017, 03:57:26 pm
Last 5 years Miss St. has won 40 games, during that same span we haven't won 30.

Yeah, it's always fair to compare when one of the comparisons was at their peak. 

farmhawg

Quote from: Hogwild on January 29, 2017, 03:57:26 pm
We can dream.
From theflyinghog

31to6

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2017, 01:20:01 pm
I say we roll w 7-8 wins again....if we improve our stamina - maybe better.

Big gap between options 2 & 3.

I think we will end the regular season with 8 wins, which will give us a chance to be ranked in the final polls if we win the bowl game.