Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

making progress even when not playing..

Started by flippinhogmana, April 17, 2015, 08:14:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

ms. state was down four to nothing when I started to do this thread, it has been update with a three spot in the botom of the fourth so they now trail Florida by only one going into the top of the fifth.  Now Florida has answered back with two runs (still nobody out in the top of fifth 6-3 florida.

Missouri is spanking Alabama 4-2 in the top of the eighth.  going to the bottom half of the inning.

Ole miss and Aubarn are just underway 

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

a little drama in columbia in the top of the ninth.  Alabama has back to back double to score a run making in it 4 to 3, with two out, runner on second.  changed pitchers (Miszzour starter had gone all the way untl then).  Closer comes in though and gets the one out and alabama is another game on the lost side behind us.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

through six now with ms state and florida with florida still ahead 6-3.

Kentucky beat tenn 3-1.  We have a chance to pick up a half game on ole miss by the end of the night (or lose a half game to them).

flippinhogmana

top of the ninth now, two out and MS State still trails by 3.

and thats it, three up three down, now to the bottom of the inning and  MS State last chance.

South Carolina just scored two on Vandy and leads them by two in the eight.

flippinhogmana

Auburn just scored a run in the second to take a 1-0 lead over the rebels.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Getting help with the RPI also,

9:15pm         WAS
Hogs  RPI # 81          #84
         SOS #37          #44
         NPI #89           #95

After we beat A&M twice tomorrow, I think we might be in the low 50's, upper 40's.

YtownHog

That would be awesome to get 2 tomorrow!  Have we won a Saturday game in The SEC yet?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: YtownHog on April 17, 2015, 10:10:34 pm
That would be awesome to get 2 tomorrow!  Have we won a Saturday game in The SEC yet?
Yes, Ole Miss

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 17, 2015, 09:17:34 pm
Getting help with the RPI also,

9:15pm         WAS
Hogs  RPI # 81          #84
         SOS #37          #44
         NPI #89           #95

After we beat A&M twice tomorrow, I think we might be in the low 50's, upper 40's.

Its awesome how you think!

flippinhogmana

Top of the ninth now on the plains...Auburn has increased their lead to 3-0 over the rebels.  An ole miss loss puts us in sole possession of 3rd in the west and 6th place overall going into the DH tomorrow.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 17, 2015, 10:40:52 pm
Top of the ninth now on the plains...Auburn has increased their lead to 3-0 over the rebels.  An ole miss loss puts us in sole possession of 3rd in the west and 6th place overall going into the DH tomorrow.
6th place overall in the SEC will make it difficult for them to say no to us, even if we don't get our RPI down to around 50.

But, this is not helping:
Missouri State lost to #288 UT Martin, at home.  Hogs RPI now back up to #83.

flippinhogmana

The rebels score a run, but its now one on, two out, 3-1 Auburn.  Their pitcher has gone all the way so far.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 17, 2015, 10:48:11 pm
6th place overall in the SEC will make it difficult for them to say no to us, even if we don't get our RPI down to around 50.

But, this is not helping:
Missouri State lost to #288 UT Martin, at home.  Hogs RPI now back up to #83.

That shouldnt happen!  Baseball, you gotta love it!

flippinhogmana

Tiger pitcher strikes out the third out of the inning to secure the win.  We are now again in sole possession of 3rd, 6th respectively.

flippinhogmana

there was what seems to me to be an uncommon number of starters pitching complete games or at least into the ninth tonight.  I hope that is a good omen for us tomorrow and not the Aggities.  Night all!

hogman64

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 17, 2015, 10:51:18 pm
Tiger pitcher strikes out the third out of the inning to secure the win.  We are now again in sole possession of 3rd, 6th respectively.

thanks for the updates.....

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 17, 2015, 11:21:04 pm #16 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:44:04 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Not a very good day for us in the SEC.

Florida beats MSU - not good - -  we DNP Florida
USCe beat Vandy - not good - - we DNP USCe
Missouri beat Bama - not good  - - we DNP Missouri
Kentucky beat Tenner  - no difference  -- we play Tenn later
Auburn beat Ole Miss - good --  at least temporarily
LSU and Georgia - postponed ....

flippinhogmana

We are in a pretty good place, all things considered but this is a big moment for our team.  The aggities and us are the two hottest teams in the conference the last ten games, both of us 8-2.  We have come from the cellar to third place in the last three weeks.  We were 1-5 and now 7-8. 

Now we have to reach deep and show how much we want it.  Show that we dont just have potential, but that we are a good team now.  And we have to do it on the road against a team as hot as us, and the number one team, not just in our division, not just in our conference, but in the whole country.  Some say we can't do it..

WizardofhOgZ

The good news is that we've got an opportunity to shape our own future.  How many times have teams been in similar situations (record wise) but not had the schedule to prove anything the rest of the way?  This series may or may not go our way; but at least we've got a chance to do something about it.

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 18, 2015, 10:38:35 am
We are in a pretty good place, all things considered but this is a big moment for our team.  The aggities and us are the two hottest teams in the conference the last ten games, both of us 8-2.  We have come from the cellar to third place in the last three weeks.  We were 1-5 and now 7-8. 

Now we have to reach deep and show how much we want it.  Show that we dont just have potential, but that we are a good team now.  And we have to do it on the road against a team as hot as us, and the number one team, not just in our division, not just in our conference, but in the whole country.  Some say we can't do it..