Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi for Golden Spikes?

Started by WizardofhOgZ, April 17, 2015, 09:20:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

Was watching part of the SEC Now show last night (Thurs), and Ben McDonald (former LSU All America pitcher and Golden Spikes winner in 1989) came on for a segment where he talked about Golden Spikes candidates from the SEC.  He had a board with a dozen or more candidates, and then said he wanted to talk about his "top 5".  Started at #5 and counted to the top.  Had a couple of LSU players in there, and I think 3 of the 5 were pitchers.  But he selected Benintendi as the #1 player in the conference, so far.

Doesn't mean anything, really.  Just found it interesting.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 17, 2015, 09:20:10 am
Was watching part of the SEC Now show last night (Thurs), and Ben McDonald (former LSU All America pitcher and Golden Spikes winner in 1989) came on for a segment where he talked about Golden Spikes candidates from the SEC.  He had a board with a dozen or more candidates, and then said he wanted to talk about his "top 5".  Started at #5 and counted to the top.  Had a couple of LSU players in there, and I think 3 of the 5 were pitchers.  But he selected Benintendi as the #1 player in the conference, so far.

Here you go:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12706682

flippinhogmana

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 17, 2015, 09:20:10 am

He said that Beni was his top candidate but he also said that there wasnt any clear separation of the top dozen or so in the conference, you could make a case for any of them according to him.  He was enthusiastically complimentary of Beni though.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

April 22, 2015, 09:54:49 am #3 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:30:02 am by flippinhogmana
I have seen an excerpt or two of this article in a thread but here is the full article, good interview of DVH on Andrew as well.

link;  http://www.d1baseball.com/features/golden-spikes-spotlight-andrew-benintendi/
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Flatline

I hope more players start taking this route.  Use the summer to heal and get strong.

flippinhogmana

I am also of the same opinion for regulars especially flatline.

My apologies to Arkansas...in reviewing the article about Beni being honor SEC player of the week I see this link near the bottom of the thread.  I wouldnt have put it here if I had seen it there first.  My bad.