Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 39: PREVIEW/PROBABLE STARTERS - ARKANSAS (22-16, 7-8 SEC) AT #1 TEXAS A&M (34-3, 11-3 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 16, 2015, 05:56:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS VS #1 TEXAS A&M
                 AT BLUE BELL PARK, COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS

First Pitch for Friday's game is set for 6:35pm and will be broadcast live online on SEC Network Plus, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. This game will NOT be televised.

First Pitch for Saturday's game is set for 7:30pm and WILL BE televised on ESPNU and streamed online on SEC Network Plus, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app.

First Pitch for Sunday's game is set for 3:00pm and this game WILL BE televised on the SEC Network and streamed online on SEC Network Plus, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app.

Weather Watch for College Station:
Friday: High of 79, Low of 65, 40% chance of rain / T-storms at first pitch
Saturday: High of 80, low of 67, mostly cloudy; watch for a strong thunderstorm late
Sunday: High of 85, low of 60, sunny and pleasant

Arkansas (22-16, 7-8 SEC) comes into this SEC series having won 3 SEC series in a row while #1 Texas A&M (34-3, 11-3 SEC) has won all 5 SEC series this season, taking 3 games from Auburn and taking a 2 game series from Kentucky. Arkansas is in 3rd place and 4.5 games back of A&M in the West Division of the conference while A&M leads the SEC overall by a half game over Vanderbilt from the East. Arkansas has won 8 of their last 10 games, while A&M has achieved the same mark.

PROBABLE STARTERS:
FRIDAY:                                  W-L    APP    GS    ERA       IP      SO    BB     Op-BAvg
ARK: RHP- Trey Killian            1-2       6       6    3.74     33.2     23     9        .264
A&M: RHP- Grayson Long        7-0      9       9    2.12     51.0     60    20       .197

SATURDAY:                              W-L    APP    GS    ERA       IP      SO    BB    Op-BAvg
ARK: RHP Dominic Taccolini    5-3        9      9     4.41    49.0     44    22     .241
A&M: RHP Ryan Hendrix          3-0      14      0     0.42    21-1     19     6     .181

SUNDAY:                               W-L    APP    GS    ERA       IP      SO    BB    Op-BAvg
ARK: RHP Keaton McKinney   2-1     12      9     4.00    45.0     29     19     .242
A&M: LHP Matt Kent               6-0      9       9     3.12    52.0     43      4      .308

RPI     NPI    SOS   Runs/Gm/Off    Runs/Gm/Def   Diff     ERA    BAvg
ARK      84      95      44           6.3                        4.9           +1.3    4.33    .298
A&M       4        2      75           7.4                         2.7           +4.6    2.07    .318

ARKANSAS SEASON STATS:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/552ef24ce4b0f470ca5d5ef5

TEXAS A&M SEASON STATS:
http://www.12thman.com/ViewContent.dbml?ATCLID=210017397&SPSID=632720&SPID=93243&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=27300&CONTENT_ID=1133319

TEXAS A&M BASEBALL WEBSITE:
http://www.12thman.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27300&SPID=93243&SPSID=632720&DB_OEM_ID=27300

DVH interview-post game SFA: DVH talks more about the Aggies in this interview.
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/razorbackbsb-blasts-stephen-f-austin-to-sweep-seri/32258/-7J1yjAZ4kuD2xM_nd9_hg

Friday 6:35pm: #1 Texas A&M at Blue Bell Park, College Station - SECN+
Saturday 7:30pm: #1 Texas A&M at Blue Bell Park, College Station - ESPNU
Sunday 3:00pm: #1 Texas A&M at Blue Bell Park, College Station - SEC NETWORK

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park

•Opened: February 17, 2012
•Capacity: 6,100
•Dimensions: 330 (LF/RF), 375 (LC/RC), 400 (CF)
•Surface: Tifway Bermuda Grass

Photo Gallery:
http://www.12thman.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?&PALBID=1080848&DB_OEM_ID=27300

They have cranes too. ;)

Razorbacks#1

I'll be depending on you guys this weekend as I am on vacation down in Bristol. One of the most important series of the year and I will have to watch on my phone. You guys rock. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Its interesting to see that A&M's SOS will actually go up playing us!  They must have played quite a few patsies early.  I know that played Dallas Baptist a three game set early so it wasnt all creampuffs though, and they have done pretty well against the SEC so far, but I'm not afraid of no old SWC conference rival.  Lets get some AGGIE butt, lets take two of three!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

I will do the PBP narrative for Friday nights game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S_ will be assisting with everything that he adds to the game.
Go Hogs!!
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

jry04

Our RPI and SOS should go up regardless of outcome this week, but going 1-2 could make jump us 15-20 spots.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS GAME NOTES ARE UP NOW:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/552fd5e8e4b0f470ca5d5f38

AND HERE IS THE PREVIEW:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-set-for-showdown-with-top-ranked-aggies-04-16-2015

McKinney  is in fact announced for Sunday, so I guess he will not be available for Friday or Saturday.

Friday Probable Starter - RHP Trey Killian
Trey Killian makes his third straight start in the Friday night series-opening role as the Razorbacks look to capture their fourth consecutive SEC series win. The junior is coming off a quality start against Kentucky, tossing 6.0 innings and giving up just one run to earn his first victory of the year. He has allowed three earned runs or less in four of his six starts this season.

Saturday Probable Starter - RHP Dominic Taccolini
Dominic Taccolini makes his 10th start of the year Saturday and sixth in SEC play as the sophomore looks for his team-leading sixth win of the year. He has allowed three earned runs or less in eight of his nine starts and his just two appearances removed from tossing 7.0 innings and giving up just one earned run at Auburn.

Sunday Probable Starter - RHP Keaton McKinney
Keaton McKinney has made three consecutive series finale starts in SEC play as Arkansas has won all three of those series-deciding games. McKinney threw his best collegiate game last Sunday, recording a complete-game victory against Kentucky. He became the first freshman in the SEC to toss a complete game this season. He allowed his first hit with two outs in the fourth inning and set down 11 straight batters from the fifth inning through the eight frame as he tallied a career-high five strikeouts.

Arkansas and top-ranked Texas A&M are the only two teams in the SEC to win each of their last three conference series.

In the month of April, Andrew Benintendi and Tyler Spoon have combined to hit .464 with eight home runs, 23 runs batted in, 13 walks and 27 runs scored.

• Zach Jackson picked up another save against Kentucky and has four saves on the year, all coming against SEC teams. He currently leads the league in saves in SEC-only games. Jackson is the only player in the SEC to only allow just one extra base hit on the year.

• Josh Alberius, the infielder turned pitcher, has become one of Arkansas' best relievers in 2015, posting a 1.90 ERA in 15 appearances. He has allowed just five earned runs on the year and has 16 strikeouts to seven walks.

• Clark Eagan leads the Razorbacks with a .370 batting average in SEC-only games, recording five extra base hits, five runs batted in and 13 runs scored.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

I hope they can get all three games in.  It's been raining quite a bit in south east Texas the last few weeks and the ground is pretty much saturated.  Current forecast is 60% for Thunderstorms on Friday, 80% on Saturday, and 20% on Sunday.  May end up with a double header in Sunday.

-phil

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Aggies Game Notes and Preview are up:

A&M Preview:
http://www.12thman.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27300&ATCLID=210028200

A&M Game Notes:
http://www.12thman.com/pdf9/3445607.pdf

The Aggies are hitting .039 higher than at the same time a season ago and the improvement can be seen sprinkled throughout the lineup.

The Aggies already have 42 home runs on the season. Last year, A&M hit just 25 home runs on the year. The Aggies had just 14 home runs at this point in the season in 2014. A&M has hit 14 of their 42 home runs in series openers. The Aggies have 20 home runs in their last 10 games.

Thirteen pitchers have combined to work 139.2 innings out of the bullpen, posting an 14-1 record, 14 saves, a 1.55 ERA, 102 hits and 39 walks while striking out 130. The bullpen sports a WHIP of 1.01, opponent batting average of .216 and a 3.33-to-1 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jry04 on April 16, 2015, 10:38:14 am
Our RPI and SOS should go up regardless of outcome this week, but going 1-2 could make jump us 15-20 spots.
Yep, or maybe more. We should have a good idea of how much these games are going to effect our RPI after the first game. We have to keep in mind that what happens with other games across the country effect us also, such as who is playing who and where and has A&M and us already played them. Usually the first game of a series has more effect than the next 2 games because it changes the SOS the most.

So far this season, our RPI has been improving some late at night, when the west coast games are finishing up. I guess playing those teams from the WCC has helped in some ways. So in other words, if our RPI improves to 62 after we beat A&M on Friday night, expect it to be about 60 the next morning.

Edit: jry04, I know you know this stuff, I'm just thinking and typing out loud.  ;)
Gotta love this time of the year.