Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 38 THREAD: ARKANSAS (21-16, 7-8 SEC) vs. Stephen F Austin (12-24, 6-11 Southland)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 15, 2015, 02:26:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BroyledNutts

Salvaggio batting - Chadwick deals a walk

Bases loaded, 1out
Jorn jogging to the mound to chat

bulldog04

BroyledNutts

Soriano now batting for SFA, works the count full, hits to 3rd, out at second, relay to first is late - run scores

12-2 Hogs

Men on 1st and 3rd
2out

BroyledNutts

Fikes bats, base hit to center, run scores

12-3 Hogs

Runners at 1st and 2nd

2 out

BroyledNutts

Next batter infield hit - bases loaded now

Pitching change coming for the Hogs

BroyledNutts

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

BroyledNutts

Boxwell now bats, grounds to 2nd - out at first - inning over

Middle 8th

SFA 3-9-0
Hogs 12-13-0

BroyledNutts

BroyledNutts

BroyledNutts

Benintendi bats, walks for the second time today

1on, 1out

Gassaway now batting

BroyledNutts

BroyledNutts

Wild pitch, everybody moves up one...

Wernes still at the plate...

BroyledNutts

Wernes bats, smashes one down the LF line - Wernes head first slide into 2nd - safe

2runs score

Hogs 14-3

Rick Nomura bats

BroyledNutts

Nomura batting, fouls off a few, grounds out 3 unassisted

Wernes advances to third

2out

BroyledNutts

Bonfield bats, works the count full, walks

1st and 3rd, 2out

McAfee up now

BroyledNutts

Mac base hit to center, Wernes scores

2 on, 2out

15-3 Hogs

Pennell to the plate

BroyledNutts

Pennell grounds to third, baseman scoops and tags Bonfield - inning over

After 8 complete:

SFA 3-9-0
Hogs 15-15-0

BroyledNutts

BroyledNutts

Matt Dickey bats now, grounds out 6-3 on a great play by Wernes

2 out

Vest is the SFA last hope

BroyledNutts

Vest fights off a few pitches, works a full count, walks

1on, 2out

Podsednik up now

BroyledNutts

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BroyledNutts

I learned today that sausage fingers, auto correct, and PBP are a stressful combination

I have a new respect for all you regular PBP guys

SPAL

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 15, 2015, 06:04:36 pm
I learned today that sausage fingers, auto correct, and PBP are a stressful combination

Lol....my pain. Mobile pbp isn't the best for sure.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 15, 2015, 06:32:38 pm
Lol....my pain. Mobile pbp isn't the best for sure.
Honestly, I don't know how you do it. Its all I can do to just put a coherent text message together on my phone. But thank goodness you have the skills, we would have been missing some quality PBP throughout the season. +1
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

reddogjcss

Good win. Pitching from bull pen still don't know what u going to get.

SPAL

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 15, 2015, 06:59:12 pm
Honestly, I don't know how you do it. Its all I can do to just put a coherent text message together on my phone. But thank goodness you have the skills, we would have been missing some quality PBP throughout the season. +1

I'm junior varsity compared to the others. I am Sam Bowie to Pocono's Jordan. I am John Pelphrey to UCA'S Nolan.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 15, 2015, 06:04:36 pm

Today was the worst time to have done it by a factor of at least twice.  The thread was pitifully slow today.  It took sometimes hitting post four times to get it to go.  If anyone posts anything they've beat you and are completely innocent of walking on you because it took forever.  It was taking so long I couldnt keep up with other posters.  Usually if someone asks you a question you can answer it, but its super hard when theres so much lag.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

BroyledNutts

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 15, 2015, 08:57:25 pm
Today was the worst time to have done it by a factor of at least twice.  The thread was pitifully slow today.  It took sometimes hitting post four times to get it to go.  If anyone posts anything they've beat you and are completely innocent of walking on you because it took forever.  It was taking so long I couldnt keep up with other posters.  Usually if someone asks you a question you can answer it, but its super hard when theres so much lag.

Well I sure didn't mean to step on you and Razor today - I noticed that everything I posted dropped way ahead you guys, and when you started having technical difficulties with the feed I responded...I did not intend in any way to take over the thread or under cut someone's efforts...just responded to fill the need...I hope no one was upset about it.

I was fighting with my phone to get the posts up in such a timely manner I had no time at all to read the thread or respond to anything - just type as it happened and hope it made sense...3G is grand...

I'm going to put myself on the Tommy John list and just admire the pros from here on out...

flippinhogmana

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 15, 2015, 09:53:07 pm
Well I sure didn't mean to step on you and Razor today - I noticed that everything I posted dropped way ahead you guys, and when you started having technical difficulties with the feed I responded...I did not intend in any way to take over the thread or under cut someone's efforts...just responded to fill the need...I hope no one was upset about it.

I was fighting with my phone to get the posts up in such a timely manner I had no time at all to read the thread or respond to anything - just type as it happened and hope it made sense...3G is grand...

I'm going to put myself on the Tommy John list and just admire the pros from here on out...

flippinhogmana

Yeah, I haven't ever meant to either (walk on) but I have.  The lag time varies even within the broadcast.  I'm not sure what it is.  Today right in the middle it was pitifully slow, then it got better.  I don't know if its weather, or internet traffic, or what, the number on the thread didn't vary that much and I have seen a whole lot more posters on there both posting and just reading and it not be as slow as today. 

Everyone always says don't worry about it when I post in front of them and then shamefacedly apologize, so I will say the same.  We are all just celebrating our 'backs and sharing the experience.  You have something to share and you make the thread better for it.  Thats what we are all there for.

Having done it about three or four times now, I could see you in my minds eye (as if seeing myself) head down typing furiously, striking the post key...striking it again, cursing or near cursing...rechecking the feed and striking off again to the next reply...over and over again....fun huh?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Read the game thread, nicely done, SPAL, Flip, Razor#1 and Broyled. Thanks! +1's

Looks like we did what we needed to do today. Ready for A&M.

TikiHog

I'm so glad we don't have anymore low level teams left....these games can be so boring...we were lucky that SFA hit everything at somebody today...Stone wasn't fooling anybody

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 15, 2015, 08:59:26 pm
also, arkansas helps out so much before during and after a broadcast
Thanks. 

You see now why I like to help these guys out. It works best if they can concentrate on getting the plays posted. 9 innings and 3+ hours is a long time to focus on something that doesn't take breaks and wait on you to catch up and you have a few seconds to get it done.

I have seen your pbp action and you do a great job with it.

Having SPAL knock a inning or two off at the front end helps a lot.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 15, 2015, 09:53:07 pm

You did a very nice job today. Were you at the park?

No, you've been exposed now, we know what you can do and there is no TJ in EI. ;)

BroyledNutts

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 16, 2015, 12:02:04 am
You did a very nice job today. Were you at the park?

No, you've been exposed now, we know what you can do and there is no TJ in EI. ;)

Ahhh crap...now I've done it. By the way - there may not be TJ here, but there's definitely Carpal Tunnel !!!

Yeah I was there - as always...there's definitely a vacuum in the thread when you, Pocono, UCA, SPAL, and the other heavy hitters aren't available...the graphics, the box scores...all helps to paint the picture for those who can't watch or listen. That's all I was trying to do today - midweek relief. If Flippin and Razor hadn't had connection issues I would have stuck to anecdotal gibberish as usual.

Just glad it wasn't some fast paced, high scoring affair to try to keep up with....    :o

jbell96

I am really glad to see that Bonfield seems to have turned the corner. That ankle injury really put him behind the 8 ball for this season.

It's easy to lose your patience at the plate when you have limited at bats, but the last two games he did an outstanding job working counts and not chasing bad pitches, seems like the game is slowing down for him. I really think he's going to be a valuable asset for us down the stretch.

SPAL

Quote from: jbell96 on April 16, 2015, 08:48:34 am
I am really glad to see that Bonfield seems to have turned the corner. That ankle injury really put him behind the 8 ball for this season.

It's easy to lose your patience at the plate when you have limited at bats, but the last two games he did an outstanding job working counts and not chasing bad pitches, seems like the game is slowing down for him. I really think he's going to be a valuable asset for us down the stretch.

This. I don't see him having much of an impact down the stretch this year..maybe some pinch hits,....but next year, he may be our starting CF so he will have big shoes to fill. I'm like you, patience is hard when you are struggling. I hope he has found his spot.