Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 37 THREAD: ARKANSAS (20-16, 7-8 SEC) vs. Stephen F Austin (12-23, 6-11 Southland)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 14, 2015, 12:21:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E    LOB
Jacks       0   0   0   0                              0    2    0      3
Hogs        1   2   2   0                              5    4    0      4

Due up:
  Fikes, Conner   1 - 1   
Boxwell, Tyler   0 - 1   
DeJesus, Eric    0 - 1   

BroyledNutts

Time for our trivia answer:

Which former Razorback won a SWC Triple Crown?

B) Kevin McReynolds

Nicely done, Pocono !!! +1

Thanks for playing Kettle Chip Razorback Trivia

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Next batter DeJesus...ground ball off Teagues glove...great play by Wernes to get the out at 1st
Heading to bottom of 5th
HOGS lead 5 - 0

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Jacks       0   0   0   0   0                          0    2    0      3
Hogs        1   2   2   0                              5    4    0      4

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

Spoon lines out to SS...great leaping catch
1 out    Gassaway to the plate

BroyledNutts

PoconoHog

Gassaway behind in count 1 - 2...count goes full...K's swinging
2 outs    Wernes to the plate

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 14, 2015, 07:52:06 pm
Leaping catch by the SS to rob Spoon of a base hit - nice play 15
Yep, Spoon hit it hard again, he's a tough out.

PoconoHog

Wernes base hit up the middle
Man on 1st    2 outs    Bonfield to the plate

flippinhogmana

Bonfield needs these at bats.  The only way I ever found to work you way out of a slump is against live pitching or a layoff.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

pigture perfect

Looks like Teague is pitching his butt off tonight. Keep it up young man.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 14, 2015, 07:56:34 pm
Looks like Teague is pitching his butt off tonight. Keep it up young man.
Could we have back to back complete games?

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog

Bonfield ahead in count 3 - 1...base hit to wall in LF...double
run scores
HOGS lead 6 - 0
Man on 2nd   2 outs    Bernal to the plate

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 14, 2015, 07:57:58 pm
Could we have back to back complete games?

It would be nice for Teague, but I'm not sure we dont need for other pitchers to get the innings more.

BroyledNutts

You know that had to feel good for Luke - maybe that will build some confidence

flippinhogmana

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 14, 2015, 07:58:13 pm
Bonfield ahead in count 3 - 1...base hit to wall in LF...double
run scores
HOGS lead 6 - 0
Man on 2nd   2 outs    Bernal to the plate

Sorry for walking on your pbp, bro.  I thought I waited long enough.  My bad.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 14, 2015, 07:59:25 pm
You know that had to feel good for Luke - maybe that will build some confidence
His first career extra base hit.

PoconoHog

Bernal works the count full...K's swinging
Heading to top of 6th
HOGS lead 6 - 0

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Jacks       0   0   0   0   0                         0    2    0      3
Hogs        1   2   2   0   1                        6    6    0      5

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Teague:
This ties his longest outing of the year at 5.0 IP.

He's thrown 63 pitches, 38 for strikes, 5.0 IP, 1 BB, 4 K's, 18 BF,

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

Teague is at 67 pitches through 5 and a third.  I would think he would still be good to go this weekend if we keep him at 75 pitches or so.

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 14, 2015, 08:06:15 pm
Teague:
This ties his longest outing of the year at 5.0 IP.

He's thrown 63 pitches, 38 for strikes, 5.0 IP, 1 BB, 4 K's, 18 BF,

Sorry, this posting blind leaves something to be desired...

PoconoHog

Next batter Thornell...pops out to SS
Heading to bottom of 6th
HOGS lead 6 - 0

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Jacks       0   0   0   0   0   0                    0    4   0      4
Hogs        1   2   2   0   1                        6    6    0      5

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 14, 2015, 08:08:21 pm
Sorry, this posting blind leaves something to be desired...
Nothing wrong with double posting, not bothering me. You bring good stuff here! Keep it coming.

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 14, 2015, 08:11:31 pm
Nothing wrong with double posting, not bothering me. You bring good stuff here! Keep it coming.

But then so do you!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 14, 2015, 08:07:25 pm
Teague is at 67 pitches through 5 and a third. I would think he would still be good to go this weekend if we keep him at 75 pitches or so.
Well, it should be all men on deck this weekend. This is our last mid-week series for a while and only one non-conference game left after this series.