Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 37 THREAD: ARKANSAS (20-16, 7-8 SEC) vs. Stephen F Austin (12-23, 6-11 Southland)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 14, 2015, 12:21:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS VS STEPHEN F AUSTIN -- TUESDAY at 6:35PM

Razorback Foundation Appreciation Day

Bark at the Park Day

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

First pitch is set for 6:35PM TUESDAY. This game will be broadcast live online on SEC Network Plus, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. This game will NOT be televised.
Wednesday's (3:05pm) game will also be broadcast live online on SEC Network Plus and the WatchESPN App.

Today is Razorback Foundation Members Appreciation Day along with the Bark at the Park event.

For more information about the Bark at the Park event, click here: http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-to-host-bark-in-the-park-tuesday-04-13-2015

This is the first game of a two game series between Arkansas (20-16, 7-8 SEC) and Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks (12-23, 6-11 Southland) at Baum Stadium. Arkansas is 5-0 all-time against Stephen F. Austin, with four of those wins coming in Fayetteville. The Razorbacks knocked off the Lumberjacks 7-2 last year behind a three-hit performance with three RBI from Michael Bernal and two hits with an RBI from Andrew Benintendi. Arkansas has outscored SFA 43-16 in the all-time series.

The Razorbacks are coming off their 3rd consecutive SEC series win by taking 2 of 3 from Kentucky this past weekend and has won 5 of their last 6 games and 7 of it's last 10 games. The Razorbacks are currently in a tie with Ole Miss for 3rd place in the SEC West at 7-8 in conference play, sitting behind Texas A&M and LSU. Arkansas travels to #1 Texas A&M this Friday for a 3 game SEC series. At the beginning of today, the Hogs RPI is #78 and the SOS is #35.

Arkansas plans to send RHP James Teague to the mound and the Lumberjacks will send a lefty, Patrick Day to the mound to start the day off for SFA.

Tuesday Probable Starter - RHP James Teague
James Teague will make his sixth start in 11 appearances this year. The sophomore has not allowed a run in his previous two outings, spanning 5.2 innings and has only given up two earned runs in his last four appearances in 14.2 innings of work. He is 2-0 in his last two starts, including a career-high six-strikeout performance in 4.0 innings against Mississippi Valley State

TUESDAY
Probable Pitchers                W-L    APP   GS    ERA        IP     SO    BB
SFA - LHP Patrick Day          0-1      7      4     6.92     13.0      8     18
ARK - RHP James Teague     2-2    10      5     4.13    28.1     25     20

WEDNESDAY
Probable Pitchers                 W-L    APP    GS    ERA      IP     SO   BB
SFA - LHP Eric Polivka           1-2      6       5     9.31   19.1    9      8
ARK - TBA                             --      --       --       --      --      --     --

Team Comparison

Hitting
                               Avg.    Runs   Hits   2B   3B   HR   RBI   HBP   K's    SB-Att
SF Austin (12-23)   .256    144     299   46   10   13    126   32    260    48-63
Arkansas (20-16)   .293     216    356    61   12   35    190   31    222    31-43

Pitching
                       ERA      IP       Hits    Runs    ER     BB     K's     B/Avg.
SF Austin       5.98   307.0    343     240    204    165   212     .288
Arkansas        4.43   319.0    303     183    157    173   289     .258

HOGS  --  RPI # 78,   SOS # 35
JACKS  --  RPI #200,  SOS #104

PREVIEW:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-set-to-host-stephen-f-austin-04-13-2015

GAME NOTES:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/552c463de4b0f470ca5d5d5d

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply). 

As always, I hope to be here with Hog fans to enjoy the game, commentary and discussions and will help out if needed with the game thread. WPS!  :razorback:

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

comparative scores, particularly with just one game to compare dont mean much especially in baseball.  That being said Arkansas Little Rock is currently beating Missouri 1-0 through 4.  Significance?  Maybe not any, but they beat Stephen F. Austin 8-0.  They also lost 22-0 to Oklahoma and 15-2 to ORU.  Another comparative score, they lost 17-4 to Missouri State that beat us by one, so, UALR cant be all that good in baseball.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

about everyone but us is playing an interstate school today.  I have never really understood why we didn't do some of that especially in baseball.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

must be the afternoon for 1-1 games.  #6 Florida and #13 Florida State are 1-1 after three and now UALR and #14 Missouri are 1-1 in the sixth.

flippinhogmana

Our opponent btw lost by one run also to Missouri State (5-4).  They have also been involved in eight one run games, seven of which they lost.  They haven't really been shelled much either.  We need to come ready to play and take advantage of the off conference match-up to hone the skills of particularly some more pitchers, but its good to have bonfield, gassaway and shaddy get some swings too.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

lineup for SFA

1) Dickey  cf   .291
2) Wilson  ss   .270
3) Ramos   2b  .280
4) Thornell   dh  .291
5) McMullen   rf   .266
6) O'Neill   1b  .266
7) Fikes   lf  .257
8 )Boxwell  c  .178
9) DeJesus  3b .288

flippinhogmana

Looks like Thornell and Dickey might be decent hitters.  Thanks, Arkansas, my man. +1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

now in the bottom of the fourth (at FSU) Fla leads 2-1;  Mizzou has taken a 3-1 lead over UALR in the seventh.  Kentucky has a 2-1 lead over WKU in the third.  All the rest of the games are night games like ours.

Hey, those trojans (I think thats what UALR is still called) struck back for two in the top of the eight, still have two on, but with to outs).  Beat bad mizzou!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

I can do it if necessary....but certainly will step aside and give somebody else a chance to do it. Any takers?
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

flippinhogmana

anyone around?
Its stormy in Tulsa, willing to be in the bull pen for you and razor but I dont know how dependible my power will stay.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 14, 2015, 06:19:54 pm
I can do it if necessary....but certainly will step aside and give somebody else a chance to do it. Any takers?

you got it as far as I am concerned

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 14, 2015, 06:19:54 pm

I don't see SPAL on line Pocono, so you may have to take it from the get go

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R    H    E    LOB
Jacks                                                    0    0    0      0
Hogs                                                     0    0    0      0

Due up:
Dickey  cf   .291
Wilson  ss   .270
Ramos   2b  .280

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Next batter Ramos...works the count full...K' swinging
Heading to bottom of 1st
NO SCORE

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Jacks       0                                           0    0    0      0
Hogs                                                     0    0    0      0

Due up:
Serrano  lf  .263
Shaddy  c  .355
Benintendi  cf  .359

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog

Serrano ahead on count 3 - 0...draws BB
Man on 1st   0 outs    Shaddy to the plate

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Here is the numbers again for the lefty for SFA

W-L    APP   GS    ERA        IP     SO    BB
    0-1      7      4     6.92     13.0      8     18

yes, 18 BB in 13.0 innings

PoconoHog

Shaddy HBP...
Men on 1st and 2nd    0 outs   Benintendi to the plate

PoconoHog

GatorHog

PoconoHog

Benintendi ahead in count 3 - 0...BB
Bases loaded   0 outs   Spoon to the plate

PoconoHog

Spoon flys out to 2nd baseman in shallow CF...
Serrano tags and scores
HOGS lead 1 - 0
Men on 1st and 2nd    1 out     Gassaway to the plate

PoconoHog

Gassaway ground ball to 1st...out at 1st
Runners advance to 2nd and 3rd    2 outs    Wernes to the plate

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Jacks       0                                           0    0    0      0
Hogs        1                                          1    0    0      2

Due up:
Thornell   dh  .291
McMullen   rf   .266
O'Neill   1b  .266

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog

Leadoff batter Thornell...behind in count 1 - 2...K's on check swing
1 out

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog

Next batter McMullen...ahead in count 3 - 1...count full...draws BB
Man on 1st   1 out