Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PREVIEW / STARTING PITCHERS - STEPHEN F AUSTIN Series

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 13, 2015, 06:50:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 13, 2015, 06:50:32 pm Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:24:42 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
We have made it 2/3 of the way thru the regular season. 18 games to go in the regular season.

The University of Arkansas baseball team (20-16) opens another five-game week by welcoming Stephen F. Austin (12-23) to town for a pair of midweek games at Baum Stadium. Both games will broadcasted live on SEC Network Plus and the WatchESPN App

Tuesday's game is Bark in the Park presented by Purina as the Hog Pen beyond the left-field fence will be transformed into the "Dog Pen" for the second consecutive year.

UP NEXT:
Tuesday 6:35pm: Stephen F. Austin at Baum - SECN+
Wednesday 3:05pm: Stephen F. Austin at Baum - SECN+
Friday 6:35pm: #1 Texas A&M at Blue Bell Park, College Station - SECN+
Saturday 7:30pm: #1 Texas A&M at Blue Bell Park, College Station - ESPNU
Sunday 3:00pm: #1 Texas A&M at Blue Bell Park, College Station - SEC NETWORK

PREVIEW:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-set-to-host-stephen-f-austin-04-13-2015

GAME NOTES:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/552c463de4b0f470ca5d5d5d

TUESDAY
Probable Pitchers                W-L    APP   GS    ERA         IP     SO    BB
SFA - LHP Patrick Day          0-1      7      4     6.92     13.0      8     18
ARK - RHP James Teague     2-2     10      5     4.13    28.1     25     20

WEDNESDAY
Probable Pitchers                 W-L    APP    GS    ERA      IP     SO   BB
SFA - LHP Eric Polivka           1-2      6       5     9.31   19.1    9      8
ARK - TBA                             --      --       --       --      --      --     --

• Arkansas welcomes Stephen F. Austin to town Tuesday-Wednesday for a pair of midweek games at Baum Stadium.

• The Razorbacks have won three consecutive SEC series, taking two of three from Ole Miss, Auburn and Kentucky. Arkansas has won five of its last six games and seven of 10 games during the month of April.

• The Razorbacks are currently in a tie with Ole Miss for third place in the SEC West at 7-8 in conference play, sitting behind Texas A&M and LSU.

• Arkansas and top-ranked Texas A&M are the only two teams in the SEC to win each of their last three conference series. The Razorbacks and Aggies battle this weekend in College Station as two of the hottest teams in the league.

• Arkansas turned seven double plays last weekend to bring the season total to 41 on the year, the second-best mark in the SEC and the fourth-most in the country.

• The Razorbacks have hit 35 home runs in 36 games this season to rank third in the SEC.

• Arkansas has recorded double-digit hits in six of the last eight games and 19 contests on the year.

• Zach Jackson picked up another save against Kentucky and has four saves on the year, all coming against SEC teams. He currently leads the league in saves in SEC-only games. Jackson is the only player in the SEC to only allow just one extra base hit on the year.

• Trey Killian recorded his first win of the year in the series opener against Kentucky and posted his third quality start of the year, lasting 6.0 innings and giving up just one run, while striking out four. He has allowed one earned run or less in three starts this year.

• Josh Alberius, the infielder turned pitcher, has become one of Arkansas' best relievers in 2015, posting a 1.99 ERA in 14 appearances. He has allowed just five earned runs on the year and has 16 strikeouts to six walks.

Series History
Arkansas is 5-0 all-time against Stephen F. Austin, with four of those wins coming in Fayetteville. The Razorbacks knocked off the Lumberjacks 7-2 last year behind a three-hit performance with three RBI from Michael Bernal and two hits with an RBI from Andrew Benintendi. Arkansas has outscored SFA 43-16 in the all-time series.

Coming Up
Arkansas caps its final five-game week by traveling to top-ranked Texas A&M for a three-game series Friday-Sunday at Blue Bell Park. Saturday's game will be televised on ESPNU and Sunday's contest will be shown on SEC Network.

Stephen F. Austin Website:
http://www.sfajacks.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/sasu-m-basebl-sched.html

flippinhogmana

A few innings for stone, but the bulk for Chadwick, pate, patten, sanburn and maybe alberius and lowery.  I hope we don't see McKinney, and certainly not Jackson.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ucahogfan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 13, 2015, 06:59:43 pm
A few innings for stone, but the bulk for Chadwick, pate, patten, sanburn and maybe alberius and lowery.  I hope we don't see McKinney, and certainly not Jackson.
I would say it is almost certain we won't see Killian, Taco, McKinney, and Jackson before Friday.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 13, 2015, 06:59:43 pm
I think McKinney has a steady job as Sunday starter now.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 13, 2015, 07:02:53 pm
I would say it is almost certain we won't see Killian, Taco, McKinney, and Jackson before Friday.
yep

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 13, 2015, 07:13:25 pm #5 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:32:55 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Interesting opponents:

Missouri State , lost 1
Texas A&M,  lost 1
UALR,  cancelled
UCA, lost 3
UALR ,  won 1
Houston Bapt., lost 3
LSU, lost 1
KSU, lost 2
Rice, lost 1
West Virginia , lost 1
New Mexico. lost 2
Wash St, lost 2

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 13, 2015, 07:02:53 pm

I am sure its an absolute given on k and t, hopefully a given this week on the other two as well.  Not only do they not need the work (especially after Keaton went nine on Sunday), but the other guys need to join "the staff" in a meaningful way.  I believe they are capable, and by now they ought to be fairly well motivated too.  Each of them need some adjustments (perhaps like McKinney staying away from one of his favorite pitches Sunday because he decided he couldn't located it good enough).

You can be extremely effective, especially for short stretches, if you have two, maybe even one dominant pitch.  Astin with his slider, Daniels the curve.  For some it was the fastball with movement.  But you have to have at least one pitch you can throw for a strike and that is good enough they just cant sit on. 

You need that and a chance to pitch. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 13, 2015, 07:13:25 pm
Interesting opponents:

Missouri State , lost 1
Texas A&M,  lost 1
UALR,  cancelled
UCA, lost 3
UALR ,  won 1
Houston Bapt., lost 3

I looked at their schedule a while back and they probably arent as bad as their record suggests because of who they've played, but they also have a pretty high era for their pitchers, so that suggests they may not be very good by that measurement.   I hope our pitchers dont treat it like like bp, but rather a chance to redeem themselves.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 13, 2015, 07:17:49 pm
I looked at their schedule a while back and they probably arent as bad as their record suggests because of who they've played, but they also have a pretty high era for their pitchers, so that suggests they may not be very good by that measurement.   I hope our pitchers dont treat it like like bp, but rather a chance to redeem themselves.
SFA RPI: #202, SOS #104,
You may be right, but I don't like playing these teams that schedule over their heads, I think it hurts our RPI when our opponents have a poor won-loss record.