Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 36 THREAD: ARKANSAS (19-16, 6-8 SEC) vs. KENTUCKY (19-14, 5-8 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 12, 2015, 12:57:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PeabodyHawg

??? ???
Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2015, 02:53:36 pm
Third straight series win, might as well continue it at the ice cream park next weekend.
Will the Listeria scare effect aggie? ???

tennesseehogwild

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 12, 2015, 02:57:05 pm
Does this bump our RPI into the 70's?
It hasn't updated yet, but should pretty soon. It will continue to change until around 9 pm tonight.

flippinhogmana

Miss State trails by five in the fifth, Alabama is up 5-1 on Georgia in the fifth, and Auburn is losing to 6-0 in the fourth, we are now back in a tie with just us and OM.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 12, 2015, 02:57:21 pm
What did you do with SPAL?

Muscle soreness in his typing fingers - put him in the dugout for a couple days rest before SFA comes to town

Really I don't know, but if he took a day off it was much deserved

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

pigture perfect

Every year these threads get better and better. The graphics thi s year is such a nice touch. Thanks ARKANSAS and others. Great job.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

trippigs

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 12, 2015, 04:01:51 pm
Every year these threads get better and better. The graphics thi s year is such a nice touch. Thanks ARKANSAS and others. Great job.

I agree...these are the best in the business. I listened to the game while driving back to Hot Springs. Got stopped by a very nice State Trooper in Scott Co., AR while McKinney was dealing. All is well.

ucahogfan

Just saw an interview of McKinney after the game saying he threw only one curveball this afternoon and mainly relied on his fastball/changeup combo.  I haven't heard a velo on his fastball, but if he was 88-92 with it and his normal change, I can see why he threw a CG.

We probably saw a matchup between two first round picks today.  Only in the SEC would you have that happen.

(notOM)Rebel123

You bet. Thanks to all who put in a lot of time so the rest of us can enjoy.
Kudos!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: trippigs on April 12, 2015, 04:18:25 pm
I agree...these are the best in the business. I listened to the game while driving back to Hot Springs. Got stopped by a very nice State Trooper in Scott Co., AR while McKinney was dealing. All is well.
You bring the best stories, but there has to be more to this.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Sunday Recap.

McKinney deals.
Spoon goes yard.
Benintendi does his thing.
Bernal is a wall at SS.

HOGS WIN SERIES!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 59m59 minutes ago 
Guess who the 1st freshman is in the @SEC to toss a complete-game victory this year?? You only get one guess

SPAL

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 12, 2015, 02:57:21 pm
What did you do with SPAL?

Lol. I'm here. I spent the day at the park on Saturday worked all night and couldn't rally for the noon start. I crashed hard. I watched most of it in and out of sleep. Just now getting up for the day.

Big win. This team has something special when they have an impossible task in front of them. Get killed 16-4, use the bullpen up, have to rally the next day to compete to win the series, ....ah well, a freshman who hasn't thrown more than 5 innings and has been inconsistent will  just spin a CG gem. No biggie.

Saved our postseason lives . I don't think we could have afforded to lose today.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

I won't speak for the others, although I think I could for some. As long as others can enjoy it, I'm glad to do my part whenever I can and I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't enjoy it. It's all about the Hogs, baseball and having fun with other Hog fans. And, it's not just about the pbp and graphics, it's about the conversations that come with those things. Thanks to all of those that let us know how you feel. GO HOGS!

One more thing, these threads are not great because of a hand full of game thread guys, they're great because of the quality of posters that come in here and make comments and conversations and keep it civil, win or lose, on a consistent basis.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 12, 2015, 06:08:31 pm
Big win. This team has something special when they have an impossible task in front of them. Get killed 16-4, use the bullpen up, have to rally the next day to compete to win the series, ....ah well, a freshman who hasn't thrown more than 5 innings and has been inconsistent will  just spin a CG gem. No biggie.
Well, this speaks well for tournament time.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 12, 2015, 06:42:48 pm
Well, this speaks well for tournament time.
Just have to get there. Next weekend could be a big one. If we can find a way to take two, we could be right back in the hunt. If we get one, we will just have to hold serve at home and not get shut out on the road. If we don't get any it gets tougher. We live in interesting times. WPS!
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

trippigs

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 12, 2015, 05:16:35 pm
You bring the best stories, but there has to be more to this.

Oh we were just zipping along eastward on 270 without much traffic. Wasn't paying too much attention to speed but it felt comfortable. I saw a red car oncoming at a distance but McKinney was in a battle and I was wishing we had stayed for the game  Well, the red car was a trooper in a Dodge and his blue lights surprised me like a slider. He said I was speeding for which I apologised and told him that was my offspeed....actually just said I was listening to the hog baseball game. Would like to think that helped as he ran my records and just gave me a warning. He really was professional and effective because we were extra careful afterwards. Picked up our corgi dog at Doggie Dude Ranch ,took a nap and packed my bags for a business trip to Silverton Oregon in the morning. Go Hogs!

reddogjcss

southeasthog

Quote from: trippigs on April 12, 2015, 09:34:09 pm
Oh we were just zipping along eastward on 270 without much traffic. Wasn't paying too much attention to speed but it felt comfortable. I saw a red car oncoming at a distance but McKinney was in a battle and I was wishing we had stayed for the game  Well, the red car was a trooper in a Dodge and his blue lights surprised me like a slider. He said I was speeding for which I apologised and told him that was my offspeed....actually just said I was listening to the hog baseball game. Would like to think that helped as he ran my records and just gave me a warning. He really was professional and effective because we were extra careful afterwards. Picked up our corgi dog at Doggie Dude Ranch ,took a nap and packed my bags for a business trip to Silverton Oregon in the morning. Go Hogs!
The wife and I were coming back from the Arkansas/South Carolina Football game in 2013 on 530 south of Pine Bluff. You know, the one where we got beat down. I was speeding slightly. 8 to 9 MPH over when I met a Trooper. He lit me up and the wife asks if I am speeding. I said yeah, guess he got me. He walks up to the window, introduces himself and asks if I knew I had a taillight out. Of course I say no and tell him where we were coming from. He only gives me a warning to show he made contact. He was very polite and professional. It's just nice to have these kind of run ins when some people act like it the police's fault every time they get stopped.

Kevin

Another series win. Great job, hogs. Congrats to McKinney on complete game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22