Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 34 THREAD: ARKANSAS (18-15, 5-7 SEC) vs. KENTUCKY (18-13, 4-7 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 10, 2015, 03:04:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 10, 2015, 06:47:32 pm
Is beni hot or what?  Does he lead now?  The country in hrs, I mean, I think he was tied with four others yesterday.
Wake Forest had a guy with 12 HRs entering tonight.  He was on the D1 Midseason AA team.

Benintendi has now hit like 5 HRs in like the last 5-6 games.

ucahogfan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 10, 2015, 06:47:50 pm
Pitcher gave Beni waaaay too many pitches to get his timing down - it didn't clear by much, but just enough...
Just like the majority of his HRs which is a laser that has enough distance, but is it high enough to get out?

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PoconoHog

Next batter Hairston....home run down LF line
Game tied 1 - 1
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 10, 2015, 06:50:35 pm
Wake Forest had a guy with 12 HRs entering tonight.  He was on the D1 Midseason AA team.

Benintendi has now hit like 5 HRs in like the last 5-6 games.

Just looked it up, UCA, Will Craig Wake Forest Benintendi now tied with, each with 12 as you said.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 10, 2015, 06:51:17 pm
Just like the majority of his HRs which is a laser that has enough distance, but is it high enough to get out?

Most of Beni's HR has been line drive type hits - that shot into the teeth of the wind Wednesday night was a no doubter over the entire visiting bull pen

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BroyledNutts

PoconoHog

Next batter Fettes...ground ball to SS...force out at 2nd to end the inning...
Heading to bottom of 2nd
Game Tied 1 - 1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9       R     H     E     LOB
Cats       0   1                                        1     1     0       1
Hogs      1                                             1     1     0       0

Due up for the Hogs:
Spanberger dh,  .256
Gassaway  1b, .400
Nomura 2b,  .270

PoconoHog

Spanberger, Gassaway and Nomura due up for Hogs in bottom of 2nd

flippinhogmana

will this be the game Spanberger goes downtown the first time in college?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Gassaway base hit to LF...
Man on 1st    1 out    Nomura to the plate

PoconoHog

Nomura base hit to LF....
Men on 1st and 2nd    1 out     Bernal to the plate

PoconoHog

Bernal base hit to CF....run scores
HOGS lead 2 - 1
Men on 1st and 2nd     1 out    Gosser to the plate

BroyledNutts

Good, solid hit right back up the middle by Bernal - good for him.

PoconoHog

ucahogfan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 10, 2015, 06:55:59 pm
Most of Beni's HR has been line drive type hits - that shot into the teeth of the wind Wednesday night was a no doubter over the entire visiting bull pen
Yep, his shot Wednesday was impressive.  Now we just need to find a way to make sure he comes back for his junior year.

PoconoHog

Gosser ground ball...out at 1st
Men on 2nd and 3rd    2 outs     Eagan to the plate

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 10, 2015, 07:09:59 pm
Yep, his shot Wednesday was impressive.  Now we just need to find a way to make sure he comes back for his junior year.

Duck tape and a chair?

The last moon shot over the pines in right that I remember was by Andy Wilkins

PoconoHog

Eagan falls behind in count 1 - 2...
Nomura scores from 3rd on wild pitch
HOGS lead 3 - 1
Man on 3rd     1 out     Eagan has full count

PoconoHog

Eagan draws BB
Men on the corners    2 outs     Wernes to the plate

flippinhogmana

just mho but I would be starting Gassaway and Shaddy right now.

PoconoHog

Wernes grounds out to end the inning...
Heading to top of 3rd
HOGS lead 3 - 1

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

Ole Miss scored one run in the top of the 2nd to take a 1-0 lead over Vandy, now in the top 3rd

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

MSU and the Aggies are nothing and nothing bottom of the third

PoconoHog

Runner picked off...left base before Killian even threw the ball home...
2 outs

PoconoHog

Next batter White flys out to RF to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 3rd
HOGS lead 3 - 1

BroyledNutts

I like that smile on Barrett's face as he came to the dugout - he knew he was DOA

PoconoHog

Benintendi, Spoon and Spanberger due up for Hogs in bottom of 3rd

PoconoHog

Benintendi ahead in the count 3 - 0....BB
Man on 1st   0 outs    Spoon to the plate

flippinhogmana

CJ HOG

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Spanberger base hit to RF..
Man on 1st    2 outs    Gassaway to the plate

PoconoHog

Gassaway flys out to RF to end the inning...
Heading to top of 4th
HOGS lead 3 - 1

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Next batter Hairston...ground ball to 3rd...infield hit
Man on 1st    2 outs