Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 34 THREAD: ARKANSAS (18-15, 5-7 SEC) vs. KENTUCKY (18-13, 4-7 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 10, 2015, 03:04:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

OM    1  Vandy 5 in the 7th; Aggies 3- MSU 1, 7th;  Bama 2- Georgia Dogs 1, 4th;
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

Next batter Bernal...works the count full...ground ball to 2nd...DP
Runner advances to 3rd      2 outs

Jackson warming in the pen for Hogs
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

JHicks3636

flippinhogmana

CJ HOG

PoconoHog

Next batter Wilson... ground ball to Gassaway....out at 1st to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 6th
HOGS lead 4 - 1

Jackson has stopped throwing in the pen
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9       R     H     E     LOB
Cats       0   1   0   0   0   0                     1     6     0       6
Hogs      1   2   0   1   0                          4     8     0       6

Trey Killian at 101 pitches at the end of the 6th

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 10, 2015, 08:38:08 pm
Next batter Wilson... ground ball to Gassaway....out at 1st to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 6th
HOGS lead 4 - 1

Jackson has stopped throwing in the pen

If he can make it on 120 pitches tonight, what say ye DVH, lets leave it in Trey's hand?

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

For Kentucky, Zack Brown is at 90 pitches going into the 6th.

GatorHog

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 10, 2015, 08:38:29 pm
Hogs      1   2   0   1   0                          4     8     0       6

Trey Killian at 100 pitches at the end of the 6th

Crap, he will likely have to have help from Kentuck to pitch to the end.

PoconoHog

Gosser works the count full....BB
Man on 1st    1 out    Eagan to the plate

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

But good old Gosser, you have to love catchers-busting his butt to help get his battery mate some more rest between inning (if not some more runs).

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 10, 2015, 08:41:34 pm
Crap, he will likely have to have help from Kentuck to pitch to the end.
Some more runs to back up Killian would be nice, little extra cushion.

JHicks3636

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 10, 2015, 08:44:39 pm
Some more runs to back up Killian would be nice, little extra cushion.

I agree. Another run or 2, or 10, would be nice.

PoconoHog

Eagan falls behind 0 - 2...K's swinging
2 outs   Man on 1st     Wernes to the plate

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

Wernes pops out to 1st baseman in foul ground to end the inning..
Heading to top of 7th
HOGS lead 4 - 1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hogs      1   2   0   1   0   0                     4     8     0       7

flippinhogmana

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 10, 2015, 08:44:04 pm
McAfee pinch running for Gosser

Uhhh, if Mc can pinch run, he isnt either sick or injured is he?

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Leadoff batter Fettes...base hit to LF
Man on 1st   0 outs

BroyledNutts

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 10, 2015, 08:48:17 pm
Uhhh, if Mc can pinch run, he isnt either sick or injured is he?

Radio broadcast said Mac has been dealing with neck stiffness - guess he's on the mend

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Killian's numbers:
  IP    R   ER   H    BB   SO  HBP    P     ST
  6.0   1    1     6     2    4      1    101   65

Another quality outing for Trey KKKKillian. He's in line for the W.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 10, 2015, 08:49:08 pm
Zach Jackson on the mound for the Hogs

He (Jackson) along with Killian are my two favorite hogs, but last time Trey left with a lead, Zach blew the save (it was just one run as I recall).  Lets hope that doesnt happen this time.

PoconoHog

Next batter Heady...base hit to LF
Men on 1st and 2nd    0 outs

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

A & M  3- MSU 1 bottom of the eighth
Vandy 5-  ole miss 1  through seven
Georgia 3- Bama 2, top 5
LSU-Auburn about to get underway

C'mon Jackosn!

PoconoHog

Next batter Barrett...falls behind in count 1 - 2....works the count full...ground ball to 2nd....out at 2nd..safe at 1st
Men on the corners      1 out

PoconoHog

Next batter White...blooper over 1st base....FOUL
Cats are complaining about the call

PoconoHog

Umpires talking it over...was it fair or foul ball
Van Horn called over to talk about the situation

BroyledNutts

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

GatorHog

Play is under review -- wonder how good their angles are?  They don't have like tennis-level footage do they?

PoconoHog

Ball ruled FOUL BALL
White still batting    Men on the corners    1 out

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

How in the crap could you change the call later when the call would materially affect the play?  You wouldnt play it out the same if it was call fair to begin with.

PoconoHog

Batter White works the count full....BB
Bases loaded    1 out

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

BroyledNutts

Jackson does not look comfortable tonight - I can't tell if he's struggling to throw strikes or he's getting pinched

BroyledNutts

CJ HOG

Quote from: AirForceHog on April 10, 2015, 09:03:54 pm
I didn't know there was replay in college baseball.
Experimental in SEC regular season and tourney, not sure if any other conferences are trying it or not.