Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 34 THREAD: ARKANSAS (18-15, 5-7 SEC) vs. KENTUCKY (18-13, 4-7 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 10, 2015, 03:04:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

Next batter Bernal...flys out to RF to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 4th
HOGS lead 3 - 1
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

flippinhogmana

SEC updates that matter to us:  OM still leads Vandy 1-0 two outs, nobody on top of the Fourth

MSU now down to the Aggies by two (2-0) in the bottom of the 4th (aggie victory and hog victory gives us sole position of third)

Alabama and Georgia (they are a game behind us) just started no score

Auburn -  Lsu is a late game (10:00 pm)

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

Nomura ahead in count 3 - 1...BB
Man on 1st   0 outs    Bernal to the plate

PoconoHog

Bernal ground ball on slug bunt....out at 1st
Man on 2nd    1 out    Gosser to the plate

SPAL

BroyledNutts

PoconoHog

Gosser flys out to LF....
Nomura advances to 3rd
Man on 3rd    2 outs    Eagan to the plate

PoconoHog

Eagan works the count full...base hit to RF...run scores
HOGS lead 4 - 1
Man on 1st    2 outs    Wernes to the plate

BroyledNutts

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

Wernes ground ball...infield hit
Men on 1st and 2nd    2 outs    Benintendi to the plate

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Benintendi ground ball to SS...out at 1st to end the inning
Heading to top of 5th
HOGS lead 4 - 1

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

Bramlett the OM pitcher had a no hitter going into the bottom of the 4th to Vandy.  Gave up a walk, and then it went down hill from there, two out now, but its now 3-1 Vandy, still batting bottom of the 4th.

flippinhogmana

Alabama leads Georgia (who also has a 5-7 record like us) 1-0 after two innings. In short, we are on the right side of all the scores, except the bama one, but even if they win they would still be a game behind us, so would Auburn if they beat LSU later tonight.

PoconoHog

Leadoff batter Wilson...base hit to RF
Man on 1st   0 outs

flippinhogmana

I really hope Trey guts it out a couple more innings, picks up his first victory and gets on a roll we all know he is capable of.

PoconoHog

CJ HOG

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 10, 2015, 07:59:57 pm
I really hope Trey guts it out a couple more innings, picks up his first victory and gets on a roll we all know he is capable of.
Got a great pitch count thus far....keeps it up may save Jackson from much work if any.

PoconoHog

Next batter Heady...line drive base hit to CF
Men on 1st and 2nd     1 out

PoconoHog

Next batter Barrett...ground ball to 1st..diving stop by Gasaway....out at 1st
Runners advance to 2nd and 3rd     2 outs

BroyledNutts

What a play by Gassaway, diving to the line to save at least one run

PoconoHog

Next batter White...works the count full...BB
Bases loaded    2 outs

PoconoHog

Next batter Tom...falls behind in count 0 - 2...ground ball to Bernal.....great scoop by Gassaway to get the out at 1st to end inning
Heading to bottom of 5th
HOGS lead 4 - 1

BroyledNutts

Good decision by Bernal to go to first on that out instead of trying to beat the runner to 2nd - he seems to be playing smart tonight.

flippinhogmana

A & M now leads MSU 3-0 heading to the sixth
Vandy leads OM 3-1 but the commodores have two on nobody out in the bottom of 5th
Bama and Georgia are tied at 1-1 in the third
LSU-Auburn wont get underway for nearly another hour

PoconoHog

Spoon, Spanberger and Gassaway due up for Hogs in bottom of 5th

CJ HOG

Pretty good play by Bernal as well, had to hurry on that one.

PoconoHog

Spoon made an out...not sure how..lost connection
Spanberger to the plate   1 out

PoconoHog

Spanberger base hit to LF
Man on 1st    1 out    Gassaway to the plate

BroyledNutts

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Coach @normdebriyn joins @ElsonPhil on the air in the House that Norm built. @RazorFoundation #wps

flippinhogmana

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 10, 2015, 08:16:36 pm
Spoon grounded out 3-1

1-3 if anyone is keeping score on Spoon's groundout (maybe it was 3-1)

Good to see Span proved me wrong and get a couple of hits (although like DVH said about Beni not to long ago, we'd like to see that when it matters!  I think Beni heard him, maybe Spanberger will get it cranking again, even better)

PoconoHog

Gassaway fouled off multiple pitches...grounds out to 3rd on swinging bunt
2 outs    Man on 2nd    Nomura to the plate

BroyledNutts

PoconoHog

Nomura K's swinging to end the inning
Heading to top of 6th
HOGS lead 4 - 1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9       R     H     E     LOB
Cats       0   1   0   0   0                          1     5     0       5
Hogs      1   2   0   1   0                          4     8     0       6

PoconoHog

JHicks3636

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 10, 2015, 08:17:45 pm

Coach @normdebriyn joins @ElsonPhil on the air in the House that Norm built. @RazorFoundation #wps

What a great gentleman. I met him several times including a Regional in Huntsville, Al. back when regionals were bid at neutral sites. The Hogs won the regional.  I took the team to dinner. Later his wife and he sent me a shirt from the World Series. He was and still is all Arkansas.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 10, 2015, 08:24:42 pm
What a great gentleman. I met him several times including a Regional in Huntsville, Al. back when regionals were bid at neutral sites. The Hogs won the regional.  I took the team to dinner. Later his wife and he sent me a shirt from the World Series. He was and still is all Arkansas.
You can't find a better person. He follows and supports all Razorback sports.

PoconoHog

Leadoff batter Shelby...pop up in shallow outfield..ball drops....runner takes 2nd because base was not covered...ruled a bloop double
Man on 2nd    0 outs

CJ HOG

PoconoHog

Next batter Hairston...works the count full...BB
Men on 1st and 2nd   0 outs

SPAL

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S