Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi Homerun Tracking Thread

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 08, 2015, 10:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many total homeruns will Benintendi have by the end of the regular season?

13, he will not hit anymore
0 (0%)
14 to 15, he's pretty much done
1 (1.4%)
16 to 17
8 (11.6%)
18 to 19
22 (31.9%)
20 to 21
18 (26.1%)
22 to 23
10 (14.5%)
24 to 25
6 (8.7%)
26, he doubles what he has now, with 18 games left
0 (0%)
27 or more
0 (0%)
Cracker Jacks or Frito Pie
4 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: April 21, 2015, 01:52:30 am

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 08, 2015, 10:47:59 pm Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:38:05 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 5h5 hours ago 
Andrew Benintendi is now tied for the NCAA lead with 11 home runs on the year

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB    ·  38m 38 minutes ago   
11 hits in the last 6 games and 4 #BennyBombs in the last 5 games. @asben16 is locked in. #WPS #

One of Benintendi's homer's on Wednesday:
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CCG9gryVIAEGLNj.mp4

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Benintendi's inside the park home run and more

Big Nasty 34

bulldog04

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 09, 2015, 06:24:46 am
He gone? :(
Yep.  Anyone have an idea who will be our starting CF next year?  Bonfield is a corner OF.  Eagan can play OF but not sure if he has ever played CF.

jry04

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 09, 2015, 06:24:46 am
He gone? :(
Is he a draft eligible sophomore? I do not know his age, but I thought he was not eligible until the 2016 draft.

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on April 09, 2015, 07:41:07 am
Is he a draft eligible sophomore? I do not know his age, but I thought he was not eligible until the 2016 draft.

Yes, draft eligible.

jry04

WhenPigsFly

booogaga

How is the draft eligible? He did not read shirt and he is only a sophomore.
GO HOGS!

jry04

Quote from: booogaga on April 09, 2015, 04:50:06 pm
How is the draft eligible? He did not read shirt and he is only a sophomore.
His age. I do not know what his age is, and could not find anything stating when he is eligible for the draft. However, if a player turns 21 before a certain date, then they are eligible for that draft.

Just looked, and AB turns 21 in July, so he is definitely eligible. Hopefully he gives us 1 more year.

flippinhogmana

April 09, 2015, 06:52:34 pm #10 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:35:34 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: jry04 on April 09, 2015, 05:07:52 pm
His age. I do not know what his age is, and could not find anything stating when he is eligible for the draft. However, if a player turns 21 before a certain date, then they are eligible for that draft.

Just looked, and AB turns 21 in July, so he is definitely eligible. Hopefully he gives us 1 more year.

He will never get a better year to be drafted off of.  Give you young man his props, be thankful he came here and played and wish him well for his future.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Knot2brite

According to the morons doing the mizzou/tenner game on sec network the Stewart kid leads the sec....how do these DA's not get outside info?
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 09, 2015, 08:14:33 pm
According to the morons doing the mizzou/tenner game on sec network the Stewart kid leads the sec....how do these DA's not get outside info?
Must be the same group that kept saying our series win against Auburn was our first SEC series win....

ucahogfan

I guess I'm not as worried about Benintendi not being here next year as most people.  I think a poster has said he is from a well-off family and is enjoying college so he could stay for his junior year at the very least.  Plus, he isn't the ideal size or speed that teams look for in CF early in the drat.  DVH has said in the past that the only reason Benintendi made it to campus was because he was 5-10 with 6.8 speed.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 10, 2015, 10:21:03 pm #14 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:07:37 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
13:

Talking about confidence, this was made before tonight's game:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/586716205051805696/pu/vid/1280x720/9YhscemrGOekva_1.mp4

flippinhogmana

Will Craig (who by the way is having an insane a year as Andrew) is hitting about 400, with 51 rbis and 12 homers.  However, he was 0 for 3 today.  Andrew has gone from a tie with 11 (four others) to tied with Will Craig at 12 beginning the evening, to now sole possession of the home run lead of 13 all by himself, unless somebody else with 11 hit a couple and it hasn't been updated yet.  Not a bad week he's having huh!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

JonClaudeVanHam

Talked to multiple scouts at the game tonight, all told me that Beni is a guaranteed 1st or 2nd rounder. No way we see him next year in a hog uniform.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

JonClaudeVanHam

It was Boston, St. Louis, and San Diego. For all who are curious.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 10, 2015, 11:44:00 pm #18 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:01:47 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Video highlights
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/video/55289cfee4b0f470ca5d5c1f

Benintendi Bonanza
•Currently leads the nation with 13 home runs on the year.
•Has four home runs in his last six at-bats.
•Has back-to-back multi-homer games and six home runs in the last six games.
•Reached base in eight consecutive plate appearances spanning three games after a leadoff walk in the third inning.
•Has recorded a hit, RBI and run scored in each of the last five games.
•Extended his hitting streak to seven games, including 16 of the last 17.
•Raised batting average 57 points during current seven-game hitting streak.
•Leads the SEC with 93 total bases.
•Has 11 RBI in the last six games.
•Recorded home runs in consecutive plate appearances for the first time since Derrick Bleeker in 2012.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

April 11, 2015, 12:01:41 am #20 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:01:56 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on April 10, 2015, 11:01:23 pm
Talked to multiple scouts at the game tonight, all told me that Beni is a guaranteed 1st or 2nd rounder. No way we see him next year in a hog uniform.

Whether or not Andrew comes back next year or not I have no idea, but not knowing that certainly doesn't keep me from thoroughly enjoying this year.  He is a splendid splinter and he is as hot as I have ever seen a razorback hitter, and that includes Kevin McReynolds and Jeff King who were both dynamite in their on right.

In a kind of curious way I hope this encourages Luke Bonfield.  Andrew was everything Bonfield was supposed to be, just earlier.  Andrew frankly didn't have that good a year last year, but he has found his timing and the range this year hasn't he?  I hope Luke uses that as inspiration and motivation as well as encouragement.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 11, 2015, 12:01:41 am
Whether or not Andrew comes back next year or not I have no idea, but not know that certainly doesn't keep me from thoroughly enjoying this year.  He is a splendid splinter and he is as hot as I have ever seen a razorback hitter, and that includes Kevin McReynolds and Jeff King who were both dynamite in their on right.

In a kind of curious way I hope this encourages Luke Bonfield.  Andrew was everything Bonfield was supposed to be, just earlier.  Andrew frankly didn't have that good a year last year, but he has found his timing and the range this year hasn't he?  I hope Luke uses that as inspiration and motivation as well as encouragement.
You know, the scary part is that he was slow starting last year and again this year. Comment by DVH this evening: "Benintendi is starting to heat up".

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 11, 2015, 12:05:03 am
You know, the scary part is that he was slow starting last year and again this year. Comment by DVH this evening: "Benintendi is starting to heat up".

Some people might call that a classic understatement...but yes he is slow to get rolling, but my is he rolling now....

ucahogfan

Kevin

Going to be a lot of new faces next year.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SPAL

ricepig

flippinhogmana

now that the stats are updated, no one has joined Andrew at 13 dingers, so he stands alone at the top.  He is also 23rd nationally in rbi's.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 13, 2015, 06:57:25 pm #28 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:55:32 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 13, 2015, 06:20:13 pm
now that the stats are updated, no one has joined Andrew at 13 dingers, so he stands alone at the top.  He is also 23rd nationally in rbi's.
Benintendi Bullets
• Leads the country with 13 home runs on the year.
• Has four home runs in the last five games, including all four in a six at-bat span.
• Has 10 RBI in the last six games.
• In the midst of a career-long nine game hitting streak.
• Has hit safely in 18 of the last 19 games.
• Has four multi-RBI games in the last six contests.
• Leads the SEC with 95 total bases.
• Raised his batting average 50 points to .359 during his current nine-game hitting streak.
• Leads the SEC with a .742 slugging percentage.
• Has scored 13 runs over the last eight games.

This is kind of old, a few weeks ago, but they talk about AB and name him the best power hitter in the SEC: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12676026

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Added a poll to the top of the thread.

SPAL

Add one more beni Bomb to the tracker. A no doubter over the pine trees in right today

flippinhogmana

Andrew was showed tied with Schwartz from Florida last night when the D1 stats were updated, however with his dinger today, he may have assumed the lead by himself again, wont know until the stats are updated again tomorrow.  For some reason they are kinda slow on it and dont seem to update at all on the week ends (at least not a D1.com).  There might be a better source out there, I just havent found it.

ucahogfan

Scott7703

This kid is playing his way into a bunch of money.

SPAL

It wasn't the yickety and it wasn't the catch that impressed me the most today, it was the closing speed that he had to be in position to make the catch. When the ball was hit, it was down for sure. But AB closed and closed fast. It was incredible to see how much ground he covered because you knew he was going to get there.

The highlight doesn't do justice to how far he traveled to make that catch.

Sueie

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 09, 2015, 08:51:28 pm
I guess I'm not as worried about Benintendi not being here next year as most people.  I think a poster has said he is from a well-off family and is enjoying college so he could stay for his junior year at the very least.  Plus, he isn't the ideal size or speed that teams look for in CF early in the drat.  DVH has said in the past that the only reason Benintendi made it to campus was because he was 5-10 with 6.8 speed.

ucahogfan,
He told them at the first of the season if he gets drafted he is leaving.  We are going to see a new face at probably every position except 1st base and catcher next year.

Scott7703

Quote from: Sueie on April 15, 2015, 08:39:37 pm
ucahogfan,
He told them at the first of the season if he gets drafted he is leaving.  We are going to see a new face at probably every position except 1st base and catcher next year.

Im guessing Mcafee, spanberger, shaddy and Nomura will all return. They all see starting time. Add in Wiggins and Bonfield and there won't be that many new faces.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 15, 2015, 09:38:47 pm
Im guessing Mcafee, spanberger, shaddy and Nomura will all return. They all see starting time. Add in Wiggins and Bonfield and there won't be that many new faces.

True, but they aren't Benintendi, Spoon, Eagin, Wernes, Serano and Bernal either.  We will lose a lot, but our pitching will be better and our freshmen will just have to step up.  Gassaway, Pennel, etc., will just have to saddle up with those you mentioned.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 15, 2015, 11:47:09 pm #38 Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:21:40 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
I missed this today. Did he make SC TOP10?

Razorback Baseball
He can do it all. The nation's leader in HR's with an #SCtop10 catch in the 6th inning!! @SportsCenter @SECNetwork

[vine]ezzlWh3Mluu[/vine]
[vine]eza0xX9uTBm[/vine]

Razrpig256

ucahogfan

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 15, 2015, 09:38:47 pm
I think McAfee is very likely to be drafted this year.

I think we stand a good chance to get Wernes back.  Here is how I see a quick 2016 lineup looking like:

C - Nathan Rodriguez
1B - Chad Spanberger
2B - Rick Nomura
SS - Michael Bernal
3B - Bobby Wernes
LF - Luke Bonfield
CF - Jack Benninghoff/Carson Shaddy
RF - Clark Eagan
DH - Blake Wiggins

That is a deep lineup yet again.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Sueie on April 15, 2015, 08:39:37 pm
ucahogfan,
So if Benintendi was going to be a 40th round pick this year then he would have signed?  I'm guessing he was like a lot of high school seniors and has a number in mind.  Maybe it is 100K, but I'm hoping it is top 2 round money.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 16, 2015, 08:58:04 pm
So if Benintendi was going to be a 40th round pick this year then he would have signed?  I'm guessing he was like a lot of high school seniors and has a number in mind.  Maybe it is 100K, but I'm hoping it is top 2 round money.
If he keeps putting up these numbers for the full year, UCA, my brother, I dont see top 2-3 rounds as being unlikely at all..do you? take out the first 10 days of the season and there has not been a better overall hitter, player period when you bring his defense and speed into it, in all of college baseball.  At least in my opinion and examination of the stats at least once a week.  He may not be top 50 in average, but he is top 25-30 in rbis.  And he is number one in hrs.  He is also high in slg %, obp, etc.  He is a complete player, despite his stature.

Sueie

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 16, 2015, 08:56:45 pm
I think McAfee is very likely to be drafted this year.

I think we stand a good chance to get Wernes back.  Here is how I see a quick 2016 lineup looking like:

C - Nathan Rodriguez
1B - Chad Spanberger
2B - Rick Nomura
SS - Michael Bernal
3B - Bobby Wernes
LF - Luke Bonfield
CF - Jack Benninghoff/Carson Shaddy
RF - Clark Eagan
DH - Blake Wiggins

That is a deep lineup yet again.

IF Bobby Wernes comes back for his senior year with the batting average he has this year.  Then he needs a better ADVISER.  I will say that Bernal and Nomura will probably leave if they get drafted this year.  It is not very likely that a kid will come back knowing he has absolutely NO bargaining power after his senior year.  The advisers will tell them that they have no bargaining power and the scouts know that.  The ONLY that would have any bargaining power would be Benintendi and it ain't happening.  You lead the nation in home runs and you take the draft and money while it is being offered.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 18, 2015, 06:35:36 am #44 Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:56:05 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 15, 2015, 06:36:41 pm
Add one more beni Bomb to the tracker. A no doubter over the pine trees in right today

#1 - 2/14 N. Dakota at Baum
#2 - 2/20 UCF at Mobile
#3 - 3/3 Eastern Illinois at Baum
#4 - 3/11 Gonzaga at Baum
#5 - 3/14 at Vanderbilt
#6 - 3/24 Memphis at Dickey Stephens Park (LR)
#7 - 3/27 Ole Miss at Baum
#8 - 4/3 at Auburn
#9 - 4/5 at Auburn
#10 - 4/8 Miss Valley St at Baum
#11 - 4/8 Miss Valley St at Baum
#12 - 4/10 Kentucky at Baum
#13 - 4/10 Kentucky at Baum
#14 - 4/15 Stephen F Austin at Baum

flippinhogmana

As of today's stats (4-20) updated from the weekend games, Andrew still holds sole possession of the home run lead.  Three have 13, but Andrew's fourteen stands alone.  His rbi's rank 27, and his Batting average is 81st.   

flippinhogmana

As of this morning (I dont think it is fully updated is what I am saying) Andrew was still in the lead for hrs.  But he know longer had sole possession Logan Gray of Austin Peay and Matt Rose from Georgia State also had 14.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 25, 2015, 03:18:31 pm
As of this morning (I dont think it is fully updated is what I am saying) Andrew was still in the lead for hrs.  But he know longer had sole possession Logan Gray of Austin Peay and Matt Rose from Georgia State also had 14.

Time to hit one out then....

flippinhogmana

well he still has 14, but even though seven more people have joined him at that number now, 14 is still leading, so he is still the leader.  The way they are pitching him now he has had to go with contact (meaning hit where they are pitching him and just make contact even though it is away from his power zone).  His average has actually continued to go up, even if his homers have kinda stalled for now.

SPAL

I hadn't seen this before but I thought it was appropriate. Andrew becomes the all time hits leader in Ohio high school history.