Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 33 THREAD: ARKANSAS (17-15, 5-7 SEC) vs. Mississippi Valley State (5-19-1, 3-11 SWAC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 08, 2015, 12:56:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 08, 2015, 09:36:10 pm
Answer is the waitress at Foghorn's across the street...
That's what I was thinking.  With the old bats, it probably breaks a window at the hotel behind Foghorns.

The crazy thing is that the majority of his HRs aren't big fly balls that carry out, but extremely hard hit balls.  He could put together a 20/20 season this year.  I think he is quietly having a 1st team AA type season.

hogman64

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 08, 2015, 09:54:06 pm
That's what I was thinking.  With the old bats, it probably breaks a window at the hotel behind Foghorns.

The crazy thing is that the majority of his HRs aren't big fly balls that carry out, but extremely hard hit balls.  He could put together a 20/20 season this year.  I think he is quietly having a 1st team AA type season.

he is having a super year with his all around great play........it seems to me if trends continue our middle infield is about to become the weakest part of our team, if it isn't already .. pitchers are improving and the  middle infield is going the other direction. someone needs to step up and play those positions at least at an average level, both in the field and at the plate.....

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

southarkhog06

If I were an SEC pitching coach I would tell all my guys to just pretend the strike zone is 6 inches to the right when AB is at bat, cuz you dont want to give him anything inside.

howie76

I knew ab was fast but it didn't even look like he started running hard till he was almost at second.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: howie76 on April 09, 2015, 10:42:08 am
I knew ab was fast but it didn't even look like he started running hard till he was almost at second.

You could tell by his stride and the general body language that he was thinking double or out until he saw the ball drop and skitter away, you can see the jets ignited in the set of his face as he rounds second.  By the time he starts to make the turn at third if the coach had stopped wheeling him he would have either stumbled halfway to home as fast as he was going (trying to stop) or he would have ignored it.  He was wheeling it!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Boarslab