Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 33 THREAD: ARKANSAS (17-15, 5-7 SEC) vs. Mississippi Valley State (5-19-1, 3-11 SWAC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 08, 2015, 12:56:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS VS MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE ---WEDNESDAY  3:05pm

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

First pitch is set for 3:05PM WEDNESDAY. This game will be streamed online on SEC Network Plus, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. This game will NOT be televised.

This is the series finale of the 2 game non-conference series between Arkansas (17-15, 5-7 SEC) and Mississippi Valley State (5-19-1, 3-11 SWAC). Arkansas rolled over MVSU in game 1 on Tuesday by a score of 8-1 as Jacob Stone (2-2) earned the win in his first collegiate start, tossing 5.0 innings and giving up just one hit, while striking out a career-high five batters. He retired the final 10 batters he faced before giving way to Josh Alberius for 3.0 innings and Kyle Pate for the final frame. Alberius tallied three strikeouts, while Pate punched out two of the three Delta Devils in the ninth inning. Tyler Spoon lead the offense for Arkansas with four hits marking a career-high, while Cullen Gassaway had three RBI's, a season-best for the junior college transfer.

The Razorbacks have now won 3 of their last 4 games and will try to make it 3 in a row today, before heading back into conference play on Friday, when the Kentucky Wildcats visit Baum for a 3 game SEC series, playing Friday at 6:35 p.m., Saturday at 6:05 p.m. and Sunday at 1:05 12:05p.m. The Razorbacks are 35-23 all-time against the Wildcats, including an 18-9 mark in Fayetteville.

As of Tuesday night, neither team had announced starting pitchers for Wednesday.

DETAILS:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-to-host-mvsu-in-midweek-action-04-06-2015

ARKANSAS GAME NOTES:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/55231770e4b092b219a83f51

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play description for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply). 

I may not be able to help with the play-by-play until late in the game. WPS!  :razorback:

PoconoHog

It would be about 3:30 or so before I could join in on the PBP. I'll jump in on this thread when I get home from work and see if my help is needed. If somebody else is doing the PBP....I'll just take my usual seat in the pen and follow along.
Go Hogs!!
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 08, 2015, 12:28:04 pm
It would be about 3:30 or so before I could join in on the PBP. I'll jump in on this thread when I get home from work and see if my help is needed. If somebody else is doing the PBP....I'll just take my usual seat in the pen and follow along.
Go Hogs!!
Need someone to cover the PBP at the beginning of the game, any volunteers? Or Pocono, maybe you can sneak off work early :)
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PoconoHog

I'm here...can't post starting lineups..but I'll start from the first batter
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

Wheeler picked off 1st base to end the inning...
Heading to bottom of 1st
NO SCORE

PoconoHog

Eagan, Serrano and Benintendi due up for Hogs in bottom of 1st

I have names for both teams...not position in the field...was in big hurry

PoconoHog

Eagan works the count full....ground ball to 2nd...bad throw....error
Man on 1st    0 outs    Serrano to the plate

PoconoHog

Serrano works the count full...base hit to RF....
Men on the corners    0 outs    Benintendi to the plate

PoconoHog

Benintendi gets ahead in count 3 - 0....BB
Bases loaded    0 outs    Spoon to the plate

PoconoHog

Spoon base hit to wall in left center....double...clears the bases
HOGS lead 3 - 0
Man on 2nd   0 outs    Spanberger to the plate

trippigs

PoconoHog

Spanberger ground ball to 1st...out at 1st...
Runner moves to 3rd
Man on 3rd    1 out    Gassaway to the plate

PoconoHog

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 08, 2015, 03:22:18 pm
Spanberger ground ball to 1st...out at 1st...
Runner moves to 3rd
Man on 3rd    1 out    Gassaway to the plate

PoconoHog

Gassaway K's swinging...
Man on 3rd    2 outs    Wernes to the plate

PoconoHog

Wernes infield hit...
Run scores
HOGS lead 4 - 0
Man on 1st    2 outs    Bernal to the plate

PoconoHog

Bernal works the count full...pops out to end the inning...
Heading to top of 2nd
HOGS lead 4 - 0

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Next batter Bonner...grounds out to 3rd to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 2nd
HOGS lead 4 - 0

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Serrano flys out to LF to end the inning...
Heading to top of 3rd
HOGS lead 4 - 0

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Next batter Cox...ground ball to SS....safe at 1st...infield hit
Man on 1st    1 out

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Next batter Wheeler...works the count full....BB
Men on 1st and 2nd    2 outs

PoconoHog

Next batter McBride...HBP...but did not attempt to get out of the way and does not get free base....works count full...finally K's swinging to end the inning...
Heading to bottom of 3rd
HOGS lead 4 - 0

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Benintendi fly ball to CF...wind blows ball deep....fielder crashes into wall....inside the park HOME RUN
HOGS lead 5 - 0
Spoon to the plate   0 outs

SPAL

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

[vine]O0676QXI3EO[/vine]
Benintendi:

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

BroyledNutts

I can't believe it - I've waited all my life to see an insider, and I witness two this year - time to buy a lottery ticket

SPAL

PoconoHog

Spanberger base hit to RF....
Spoon thrown out trying to make it to 3rd...
1 out    Man on 1st     Gassaway to the plate

BroyledNutts

Nice throw by Franklin to get Spoon at 3rd - put it right on the bag from middle depth right field

SPAL

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 08, 2015, 04:02:42 pm
I can't believe it - I've waited all my life to see an insider, and I witness two this year - time to buy a lottery ticket

Haha. True story