Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Summer Baseball

Started by ucahogfan, January 12, 2015, 09:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

January 12, 2015, 09:00:04 pm Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:50:58 pm by ucahogfan
Cape Cod League
Dominic Taccolini - Bourne Braves
Luke Bonfield - Y-D Red Sox
Nathan Rodriguez - Y-D Red Sox
Zach Jackson - Falmouth Commodores
Blake Wiggins - Falmouth Commodores

ucahogfan

Mods, could we please sticky this thread so we can update as need be?  Thanks.

I will update as I find out where other players will be spending their summer.  Good to see that we will have at least 3 on the Cape as those 2 teams are the only ones to release their 2015 rosters.  I expect we will see a few more up there with Jackson, Teague, Eagan, Benintendi, Wiggins, and maybe others.  After having no one on the Cape last year, it will be nice to see a lot of Hogs up there this summer.

Kevin

Wonder if Rodriguez will need summer school
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

ucahogfan

Falmouth has released their 2015 team roster and two more Hogs will spend their summer on the Cape as Zach Jackson and Blake Wiggins will be on the team.  The other 7 teams have yet to release their roster, but I believe we can see about 10 Hogs up there this summer.

dotnet

Wow... Going from zero (practically we had one since TK was on team usa) to 5-7 cape guys is a pretty solid jump.

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on January 18, 2015, 07:06:17 am
Wow... Going from zero (practically we had one since TK was on team usa) to 5-7 cape guys is a pretty solid jump.
Yeah, and like I said, I think we see McKinney, Patten, Teague, Eagan, and Benintendi land on one of the teams up there as well.  We could have a couple more, but I think those 5 are pretty good bets to be up there.

I think it also shows just how weak the class of 2012 has turned out to be.  Outside of Killian, all of the guys who could have been contributors have transferred out.

Kevin

Benintendi is draft eligible correct?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

SPAL

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2015, 09:19:41 pm
Wonder if Rodriguez will need summer school

Not that I'm aware of.

ucahogfan

March 21, 2015, 09:57:42 pm #9 Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:11:55 pm by ucahogfan
Cape Cod League
James Teague - Hyannis Harbor Hawks
Clark Eagan - Harwich Mariners
Andrew Benintendi - Falmouth Commodores
Keaton McKinney - Falmouth Commodores

Northwoods League
Jack Benninghoff - Lakeshore Chinooks
Parker Sanburn - Lakeshore Chinooks

ucahogfan

Four more Hogs have signed contracts to play their summer ball up on the Cape to give the Hogs an insane nine players up that have signed to play up there.  It is crazy to think that we will have four players on the same team up there as well, but that Falmouth team is loaded with talent.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2015, 10:19:49 am
Benintendi is draft eligible correct?
Yeah, Benintendi is draft eligible and you would think the season he is putting together would mean that he will go high enough to sign, but being a DE Sophomore and not someone who is a lock to go in the 1st round lock like Cox was, I think we stand an excellent chance at him coming back next year.

southarkhog06

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 21, 2015, 10:00:54 pm
Yeah, Benintendi is draft eligible and you would think the season he is putting together would mean that he will go high enough to sign, but being a DE Sophomore and not someone who is a lock to go in the 1st round lock like Cox was, I think we stand an excellent chance at him coming back next year.
he seems like a guy who really likes playing college ball, and from what I understand his family is in no way hurting for money. So you never know

southarkhog06

Quote from: ucahogfan on January 18, 2015, 07:50:17 am
Yeah, and like I said, I think we see McKinney, Patten, Teague, Eagan, and Benintendi land on one of the teams up there as well.  We could have a couple more, but I think those 5 are pretty good bets to be up there.

I think it also shows just how weak the class of 2012 has turned out to be.  Outside of Killian, all of the guys who could have been contributors have transferred out.
yea I was looking at that class the other day, I definitely had my hog-tinted glasses on this preseason. it is hard to have success with a hole like that in your junior class.

Sssss!

The Y-D Red Sox won it all last year and after looking at their roster for 2015 could win it again this year. Loaded WOW

ucahogfan

PUF Capitalists @pufcaps 
  ·   Jan 20   
Caps add RHP Blaine Knight (Bryant HS/Arkansas). 1st team Louisville Slugger HS All-American. Arkansas state playoffs MVP. 11-0 w/ 0.43 ERA.

PUF Capitalists @pufcaps 
  ·   Nov 10   
Caps add LHP Ty Harris- Heritage HS/Arkansas commit. Pitched in Jupiter for Team Evoshield. Ranked #261 nationally by PG in '15 class.

This is the same summer team that Nathan Rodriguez played for last summer and showed why he was one of the top freshmen in the country.  This will pay big dividends for Knight and Harris as they will get to face college hitters all summer and basically come to campus as RS Freshmen.

ucahogfan

April 21, 2015, 09:52:13 pm #16 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:49:10 pm by ucahogfan
Cape Cod League

Northwoods League
Parker Sanburn - Lakeshore Chinooks (no longer on roster)

California League
Blaine Knight - PUF Caps (signee)
Ty Harris - PUF Caps (signee)
Tucker Pennell - SLO Blues
Cannon Chadwick - SLO Blues
Bobby Wernes - SLO Blues

dotnet

The team needs at least two freshmen to come in and be as good as Jackson and Taccolini were as freshmen.

They don't have to be McKinney good... but they can't be Patten/Pate level either. 

ucahogfan

May 17, 2015, 02:42:55 pm #18 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:12:09 pm by ucahogfan
Team USA
Zach Jackson

Cape Cod League

Northwoods League
Parker Sanburn - Lakeshore Chinooks
Alex Gosser - Kalamazoo Growlers

California League
Blaine Knight - PUF Caps (signee)
Ty Harris - PUF Caps (signee)
Tucker Pennell - SLO Blues
Cannon Chadwick - SLO Blues
Bobby Wernes - SLO Blues
Chad Spanberger - Conejo Oaks
Sam McDonnell - Conejo Oaks (JUCO commit)

Texas Collegiate League
Darien Simms - Victoria Generals
Ryan Fant - Victoria Generals

dotnet

Why the change for Clark and Blake?  Did Blake get dropped for playing time concerns?

lowandaway

Kevin

Is Eagan having surgery at the end of the year

ricepig

Looks like about 7 of our guys scheduled for Cape won't be going.

SPAL

Team USA wins tonight 3-1. Zach Jackson did not pitch.

SPAL

SPAL

June 21, 2015, 12:17:24 am #26 Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:57:14 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Darien Simms

G   AB  H   R  2B 3B HR  RBI BB  SO SB  AVG
13  39  10  9  1   0   0    1    1    6    3   .256

SPAL

June 21, 2015, 12:21:50 am #27 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:09:06 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Ryan Fant
W   L   ERA     G   GS   SHO SV   IP   SO   BB   H
1   0   5.40      3   2    0    0.   8.1    6   11   6

SPAL

Sorry about the formatting. Posting from my phone.

SPAL

Jackson pitched the 9th inning of a 7-5 loss. His line was

IP    H   R  ER BB  SO  HBP
1.0   0   1    1    1    0    1

SPAL

Luke Bonfield at the cape.

SPAL

None of our northwood boys have compiled stats yet.

SPAL

Darien Simms went 3/4 in game 1 of a double header today.

0/3 in game 2 with a run scored and hbp.

He is leading off and playing center, FYI.

SPAL

Kevin Silky is playing for the Alameda Merchants of the Golden State Collegiate Baseball League.

He is currently 0/13

flippinhogmana

Thanks SPAL, much appreciated.  1+
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

SPAL

USA falls to Chinese Taipei..Jackson DNP

SPAL

Bonfield goes 1/3 with an RBI double in game 2 of a doubleheader. Dnp in game 1. Luke now batting .250 with 2 doubles and 2 RBIs in the cape.

He is playing RF fwiw

SPAL

June 23, 2015, 02:20:24 am #37 Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:34:35 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Ty Harris

IP   H  R ER BB K W L S ERA
7.6 11 6  4   4  4 1  1 0 4.73

Blaine Knight
IP   H   R   ER  BB  K  W   L  S  ERA
10.  5   5    3     3.   5   1.   1. 1   2.70

bulldog04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 23, 2015, 02:20:24 am
Ty Harris

IP    H   R   ER  BB  K  W   L   ERA
3.6. 10  6    4     4.   1   0.  1    10.00

Blaine Knight
IP   H   R   ER  BB  K  W   L  S  ERA
10.  5   5    3     3.   5   1.   1. 1   2.70
I'm sure they will struggle a little with that type of competition.  It's a tough league out there

Big Nasty 34

I feel like knight could be a poor mans Ryne Stanek. Not quite as electric but similar stuff and arm action.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 21, 2015, 10:30:17 pm

Luke Bonfield at the cape.

I can't help but think of the movie summer catch watching that

SPAL

Some of these leagues do a poor job of updating stats. Finding out how our guys are doing really isn't an easy task.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 23, 2015, 09:29:40 am
Some of these leagues do a poor job of updating stats. Finding out how our guys are doing really isn't an easy task.

Thanks brother, I looked some myself and couldnt find hardly anything so whatever you can dredge up is very much appreciated at least by one, and I doubt I am by myself!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Maddhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 23, 2015, 08:15:07 am
I can't help but think of the movie summer catch watching that
[/quote

If she could have giggled just a little more ...

Luke did a good job.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

SPAL

Jackson pitched a scoreless 8th in a loss to Chinese Taipei.

Box score not updated as of 0045.

SPAL

Jack Benninghoff played LF tonight and batted 7th.

Went 2 for 6 with 2 base hits, an RBI, SB , and 2ks.

Batting .333 on the season with 1 RBI

SPAL

Fant picked up a win tonight. He went 4.2 innings, gave up 3 runs, all earned, on 3 hits and 3 walks while striking out 1. His line is updated above.

Simms went 1/4 with a base hit and an RBI. He was also HBP and stole a base.

SPAL

Simms line has been updated

SPAL

Spanberger finally got to play....

Went 0/4 with a K

GatorHog

Mark your calendars for July 25th - Cape league all star game will be televised on Fox, 6pm est.