Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Recruiting and Beyond

Started by ucahogfan, July 01, 2014, 03:43:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

Great info right there.  Can McFarland play TE?

ucahogfan

Perfect Game released their grades for the National Indoor that Ben Rortvedt and Jordan McFarland took place in.

Ben Rortvedt graded out at 10 which means he is a high level player.  Here is what PG had to say about him:

Ben Rortvedt is a 2016 C/OF with a 5-10 185 lb. frame from Verona, WI who attends Verona Area HS. Compact athletic build with very good present strength. High level defensive tools, quick twitch athlete, will try to get too quick at times and get away from his fundamentals but very sound when he takes his time. Top level arm strength with a quick release, quality footwork throwing and shifting, 1.81 best pop time and regularly in the 1.8's, showed the game ability to call pitches and have a plan for the hitter. Left handed hitter, quick hands with very good present bat speed, line drive approach and can drive the gaps, has a simple load and swing and executes and repeats it well, will keep adding power as he gets older and recognizes pitches. High energy player with big tools. Good student, verbal commitment to Arkansas.

Link to Rortvedt's profile - http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=390319

One thing that I have seen with the catchers we have signed in the last few years is that they all show excellent defensive ability with potential at the plate.  Tells me DVH values defense over offense at catcher which is important when a great defensive catcher can make a monster impact on a game.

Jordan McFarland graded out at 9.5 which means he has top 10 round pick potential.  Here is what PG had to say about him:

Jordan McFarland is a 2016 OF/1B/3B with a 6-4 225 lb. frame from Waterloo, IL who attends Gibault Catholic HS. Extremely strong young man, stands out physically. Right handed hitter, short simple stride into contact, short hand path and swing, lets the ball travel, has a short mid-field approach for his size and doesn't sell out for power, doesn't need to with his strength, has very good bat speed and the ball explodes off the barrel, can drive the ball out of the park to all fields, has a high ceiling as a hitter. Runs very well for his size, 4.84 in the forty, shows some raw arm strength, left field/first base profile. Should be fun to watch develop as a hitter. Verbal commitment to Arkansas.

Link to McFarland's profile - http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=370250

So much to be excited about with the 2016 class.  High level players everywhere much like the 2014 class.

flippinhogmana

I like especially the McFarland kid even if he is presently lower ranked.  His description reminds me of another 6-4 infielder we had around here a few years ago.

UCA, have you checked lately how Dominic is doing these days in the pro's?  What position is he playing and where?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

bulldog04

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 04, 2015, 11:31:08 pm
I like especially the McFarland kid even if he is presently lower ranked.  His description reminds me of another 6-4 infielder we had around here a few years ago.

UCA, have you checked lately how Dominic is doing these days in the pro's?  What position is he playing and where?
Not UCA but last year he played mostly 1st but played 3rd a little in single A.  In the previous year he played a lot at 2nd.  He batted 275 but his Ks were a little
high.  He batted 299 vs lefties and 267 vs righties.

flippinhogmana

thanks bd +1

I found the stats for 2013 and 2014 but not write up or detail on position.  His 2013 stats looked decent, not so much for last year.  K's have always been a problem with Fico, cause he has a long, looping swing.  It's the nature of being a long, lanky 6-4 mainly.

What I didn't find was any details of any evaluations.  Thanks for helping.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

dotnet

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 05, 2015, 07:23:45 am
thanks bd +1

I found the stats for 2013 and 2014 but not write up or detail on position.  His 2013 stats looked decent, not so much for last year.  K's have always been a problem with Fico, cause he has a long, looping swing.  It's the nature of being a long, lanky 6-4 mainly.

What I didn't find was any details of any evaluations.  Thanks for helping.

I would guess that right now he isn't expected to make it

ucahogfan

March 06, 2015, 09:26:17 pm #106 Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:54:28 pm by ucahogfan
Quote from: dotnet on March 05, 2015, 09:39:48 am
I would guess that right now he isn't expected to make it
I tend to agree with you right now.  Fico has a lot of talent, but I just don't know where he fits in at the pro level.  It is tough to be a 6-4 2B and he doesn't have the power that a MLB 1B should have.  He might be a good UTL guy and is probably athletic enough to learn a corner OF spot.

ucahogfan

Cypress Baseball @CypCentBaseball 
  ·   Mar 4   
Dominic Fletcher leads off the game with a single and scores on Brockel's sac fly. Cyp 1 ElDo 0

·   Mar 4   
Fletcher doubles in Baca, to give Cypress a 4-1 lead. We head to the top of the 7th with Parra on the mound to close it out.

·  4h 4 hours ago   
Dom Fletcher back at it. Singles to lead off the game and comes in to score after a stolen base and throwing error. CYP 1 YL 0

PBR Illinois ‏@PBRIllinois  · Mar 5 
Preseason All-State Showcase: Outfield Analysis. Gibault Catholic's Jordan McFarland stands out with power bat. http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/IL/Preseason-All-State-Showcase-Outfield-Analysis-7609481253 ...

PBR Illinois ‏@PBRIllinois  · Feb 25 
Video Spotlight: @ArkRazorbacks commit OF Jordan McFarland (Gibault, 2016) ran a 6.90 60 with 96 mph exit velo>http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/illinois

PG Showcases ‏@PGShowcases  · Feb 21 
Jordan McFarland (2016 - Waterloo, IL) showed big hitting tools in BP.  Easy bat speed with strength and power! #PGShowcase @jordanmac8

Ben Rortvedt (2016 - Verona, WI) swung the bat well in BP with a lot of line drives and loose hands in his swing #PGShowcase @rortvedt22

Ben Rortvedt(2016 - Verona, WI) had best pop time & catchers velo at the National Indoor Showcase! 1.81 & 83 MPH @rortvedt22 #PGShowcase

A video of Jaxon Williams crushing the ball:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/160AD88A361171329495668563968_SW_WEBM_142224092153075bc5efe40.mp4?versionId=fmRVj0knN2WDfgkXt.a4INIMxKC3sS2t

Devin Golden ‏@DGoldnwfdn  · 2h2 hours ago 
Navarre 2, FWB 0: Matthew Cronin w/ 16 Ks, 7 IP, allowed 2 hits and 1 walk. Jake Smith w/ 5 2/3 IP, 2 hits, 2 unearned runs. #nwfvarsity

ucahogfan

2015 Commitments
1.  Jacob Adams - 5-11, 155, SS, NR, N/A, Arkansas (committed to Crowder)
2.  Isaiah Campbell - 6-4, 230, RHP, 500, 9, Kansas
3.  Eric Cole - 5-11, 170, OF, 500, 9, Texas
4.  Anthony Dahl - 6-3, 185, SS, 500, N/A, Texas
5.  Ty Harris - 6-2, 170, LHP, 261, 9, Arkansas
6.  Blaine Knight - 6-2, 160, RHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
7.  Grant Koch - 6-0, 190, C, 500, 9, Arkansas
8.  Jacob Schlesener - 6-2, 170, LHP, 500, N/A, Missouri
9.  Weston Rogers - 6-4, 205, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
10.  Cody Scroggins - 6-0, 170, SS, Top 1000, N/A, Arkansas
11.  Brendan Stanek - 6-1, 165, RHP, 500, N/A, Kansas
12.  Drew Tyler - 6-0, 190, SS, 500, 8, Arkansas
13.  Kacey Murphy - 6-0, 180, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
14.  Andrew Bolin - 6-2, 170, OF, NR, N/A, Oklahoma
15.  Kevin Kopps - 6-0, 175, RHP, NR, 8, Texas
16.  Barrett Loseke - 5-11, 150, RHP, NR, 8.5, Oklahoma
17.  Jake Reindl - 6-1, 175, RHP, NR, 8.5, Arkansas

2016 Commitments
1.  Jordan McFarland - 6-4, 220, 3B, 117, 9.5, Illinois
2.  Jaxon Williams - 5-7, 155, SS, 87, N/A, Texas
3.  Ben Rortvedt - 5-10, 185, C, NR, 10, Wisconsin
4.  Matt Cronin - 5-11, 170, LHP, NR, N/A, Florida
5.  Jacob Kostyshock - 6-4, 160, RHP, NR, N/A, Missouri
6.  Dominic Fletcher - 5-9, 180, OF, 213, 10, California
7.  Jack Kenley - 6-0, 170, SS, NR, 9, Tennessee
8.  Matt Burch - 5-9, 155, SS, NR, N/A, Illinois
9.  Blake Lillis - 6-3, 175, LHP, NR, N/A, Kansas
10.  Evan Lee - 6-0, 160, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
11.  Tyler Benninghoff - 6-4, 180, RHP, 66, 9.5, Kansas (high school in Missouri)
12.  Brenden Heiss - 6-1, 210, RHP, 45, N/A, Illinois
13.  Lucas Krull - 6-6, 200, LHP, NR, N/A, Kansas
14.  Cole Stobbe - 6-1, 180, SS, 63, 9.5, Nebraska

Signed Players

ucahogfan

2015 State-by-State Breakdown
Arkansas - 8 (2 SS, 3 LHP, 1 C, 2 RHP)
Texas - 3 (1 SS, 1 OF, 1 RHP)
Kansas - 2 (2 RHP)
Missouri - 1 (1 LHP)
Oklahoma - 2 (1 OF, 1 RHP)

2016 State-by-State Breakdown
Illinois - 3 (1 3B, 1 SS, 1 RHP)
Texas - 1 (1 SS)
Wisconsin - 1 (1 C)
Florida - 1 (1 LHP)
Missouri - 1 (1 RHP)
California - 1 (1 OF)
Tennessee - 1 (1 SS)
Kansas - 3 (2 LHP, 1 RHP)
Arkansas - 1 (1 LHP)
Nebraska - 1 (1 SS)

ucahogfan

HUGE COMMITMENT ALERT
Cole Stobbe ‏@colestobbe  · 3h3 hours ago 
I'm happy to say I have verbally committed to play baseball at The Univerity of Arkansas. #GoHogs 🐗⚾️

Ben Rortvedt ‏@rortvedt22  · 3h3 hours ago 
Congrats to my brother and future roommate @colestobbe for committing to Arkansas!! #WPS

Jheremy Brown ‏@JBrownPG  · 1h1 hour ago 
.@RazorbackBSB stay hot on trail & land another big time 2016 w SS Cole Stobbe (Omaha, NE) Loud tools all around, big RH bat Ranked #63 #WPS

Here is what PG had to say about Cole Stobbe at the Jr. National Showcase last summer:

Cole Stobbe is a 2016 SS/2B with a 6-2 180 lb. frame from Omaha, NE who attends Millard West HS. Tall loose athletic build, very projectable physically. Right handed hitter. 6.77 runner, , loose swing with good extension and lift out front, can get long and under the ball at times, good present bat speed with more to come with additional strength, showed hand/eye coordination and barrel control. Very athletic actions at shortstop with the tools to stay at that position, moves through the ball very well, fluid actions and balance, arm action is long and loose and projectable, footwork stood out as well. Good student.

Tony Vitello strikes again on the recruiting as that might make 6 top 100 players according to PG in the class of 2016 already verbally committed.  What is even more impressive is that those 6 players come from 6 different states in Heiss (Illinois), Fletcher (California), Stobbe (Nebraska), Benninghoff (Kansas), Rortvedt (Wisconsin), and Williams (Texas).  Just imagined if we even got 4 of those guys to campus.  The scary thing is that we might stand a good chance to get all 6 to campus as only Heiss is ranked in the top 50.

We picked up the 14th commitment of the 2016 class tonight in Omaha SS Cole Stobbe.  As seen above, Stobbe is an athletic SS with loud tools who can stick there.  An above average runner at a 6.8 60 and a strong arm, Stobbe is the type of player DVH looks for at SS.  You would have to think that the 2016 class is filling up fast even this early on.  I can't think of another time we had 14 commits 8 months before signing day.  I think the 2014 class might have had about 10 commits or so at this time, but I'm sure someone can correct me.

The future of this program looks very bright as long as we have Vitello or someone of his caliber on the recruiting trail.  Just imagine pairing the 2016 class with the 2014 class during their junior year.

ucahogfan

Dominic Fletcher is one of the top 10 players to watch this spring in the OC and one of only two juniors on the list:

http://www.ocvarsity.com/articles/county-77988-team-last.html

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Future looks bright. Thanks again uca for this, great info!

ucahogfan

Jheremy Brown @JBrownPG 
  ·  9h 9 hours ago   
The addition of Stobbe gives #Arkansas their 13th commit in 2016, 5 of whom are ranked top 100 in class per @PerfectGameUSA #WPS

The 2016 class is shaping up to being the best class is program history if all of them make it to campus.  There are some definite draft risks, but not one guy right now who is a definite 1st-2nd round type pick so it all comes down to signability.

PorkRyan

Watched Reindl pitch tonight, he didn't have it. Was pretty wild and was hit hard when he threw strikes.  Velocity didn't look anywhere close to 91. I thought he looked better at the plate than on the mound. 

Looking way ahead to the 2018 class, PBR put out their Arkansas rankings.  Kamron Hunt is the #1 player and he is on pace to be a top prospect.  Kid can do it all.  Saw him hit a ball at 13 majors state last year about 400ft, non bbcor, but still.

Connor Noland, the transfer to Greenwood, wasn't listed but he'd have to be #2.  Big tall athletic kid that looks like he will only get bigger. Watched him throw against Rogers and he was excellent. Showed off 4 pitches and had great velocity for a 9th grader. I'd guess he was sitting 80-83.  Everything I've heard about him is that he will be a football first kid though. 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks for sharing that PorkRyan. Good stuff.

ucahogfan

Jheremy Brown @JBrownPG 
  ·   Mar 18   
2015 RHP Barrett Loseke (Tulsa, OK) holding steady 87-90 mph w late ASR & command to glove side. Feel for 3 off speed. #Arkansas commit #WPS

2016 commit Jack Kenley and his HS team won the Louisville Slugger Select Classic as Kenley had a pretty good game:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=11012

PorkRyan

Watched most of game 1 between Catholic and Greenwood.  Catholic sent 2016 recruit Dylan Thompson against 2018 recruit Connor Noland.  Dylan was very sharp.  I don't know if he has the velocity to play in the SEC, but he is an excellent high school pitcher.  Ball jumps out of his hand pretty effortlessly.  Both pitchers pitched well with Dylan Thompson taking the win.  PBR has Thompson as the #5 player in the 2016 class, but that class is pretty weak overall.  He may be one to keep an eye on.     

ucahogfan

navarresports ‏@navarresports  · 23h23 hours ago 
With 15 strikeouts last night, Matt Cronin now has 105 on the season and leads the state in strikeouts per game.

Irish Bill on Sports ‏@IrishBill63  · 23h23 hours ago   Florida, USA   
FL HS Baseball - Navarre LHP Matt Cronin leads the State w/ 105 Ks/2.14 Ks per inn. Ranked #4 in nation according to http://MaxPreps.com

Les Lukach @LesLukach 
  ·   Apr 8   
.@DomFletch15 just made a big league play running back before full extension into the track to catch and double up the runner @ 1B.

Brenden Heiss threw this week and this link talks about it:

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/IL/Illinois-Scout-Blog-0865913742

Rob Fleeup ‏@Flee18  · Mar 26 
Mill Valley Jaguars LHP 2016 Lucas Krull 89-91 mph @Lucas_Krull_ @UarkBaseball vs Bonner Springs Braves 3K's to start the game.

Kevin

sure hope, we are bringing in pitchers who can throw strikes.

also, hope we are still recruiting pitchers
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on April 12, 2015, 09:49:12 am

17 committed or signed in the next two classes.

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2015, 09:55:48 am
17 committed or signed in the next two classes.

hope they can throw strikes
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

ricepig

Knot2brite

Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2015, 10:09:48 am
Ok Eeyore.
Whereas I too want to be optimistic about our future players....Kevin has a valid point. This last class and some of the red shirts were supposed to make us all forget about the 17 that were drafted in the last two years. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case. Yeah Kevin can be a Debbie downer at times but this time he has a valid concern.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ricepig

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 12, 2015, 10:14:57 am
Whereas I too want to be optimistic about our future players....Kevin has a valid point. This last class and some of the red shirts were supposed to make us all forget about the 17 that were drafted in the last two years. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case. Yeah Kevin can be a Debbie downer at times but this time he has a valid concern.

Well, do you think DVH is signing guys that can't throw strikes? You never know, just like in MLB's draft, not everyone works out as expected. They've signed a good class, time will tell how good they are, but to be Capt. Obvious when we've struggled this year, is a bit sophomoric.

Knot2brite

No I don't think he signs guys that don't get the job done in high school. The zone is different in college and sometimes it takes a while, but throwing hard in her go school and perfect game tournaments doesn't always translate to their freshman year. McKinney showed today that he is getting jeans this is the time of the year when they get it. Patten is a kid that looks the part and we seriously need him to get it but last night he looked like Ned and the first reader. We are doing a great job getting them here but we either need to give them the coaching they need or they have to respond to coaching. Rankings and star levels don't get outs...skill plus intelligence and experience does.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ricepig

I would say that our past success would suggest that we have the coaching. I also think we have some arms in Patten and Sanburn, they just need to keep developing.

jry04

Quote from: Kevin on April 12, 2015, 09:49:12 am

Quote from: Kevin on April 12, 2015, 10:00:52 am
hope they can throw strikes

Kevin being Kevin...

Kevin

You guys crack me up. name calling does no bother me

kennymayne

Quote from: Kevin on April 13, 2015, 08:20:04 am
You guys crack me up. name calling does no bother me

I would hope that being called eeyore wouldn't bother you...

ucahogfan

This article from Prep Baseball Report talks about the top LHPs in the KC area including 2016 commits Blake Lillis and Lucas Krull:

http://kchighschoolbaseballnotes.com/?p=182

ucahogfan

Pretty good video about 2016 commit Cole Stobbe:

http://www.ketv.com/sports/high-school-sports/millard-west-junior-excels-on-the-baseball-diamond/32467914

We beat out a lot of our division rivals for him and he is from the high school of a former Hog.

ucahogfan

Watch our future CF go to work:

I think a good comp of Fletcher would be Andrew Benintendi with a 70 arm instead of a 40ish arm.

ucahogfan

Les Lukach @LesLukach 
  ·   Apr 24   
.@DomFletch15 hit 2 more HR's in #Cypress's win today further cementing his status as one of top 2016 OF in SoCal.

·  8h 8 hours ago   
Fletcher back to hitting bombs today. CYP 1 WTOR 1 #cypressbaseball

·  6h 6 hours ago   
Duran and McCanless lead off the 8th inning with singles. Fletcher launches one to center for a double. We are tied 3-3! #cypressbaseball

ucahogfan

Rob Fleeup @Flee18 
  ·   Apr 23   
2016 RHP UArk Commit Tyler Benninghoff up to 89mph vs Blue Valley West. 5 IP's 1 hit 1ER 3K's. @TBenninghoff @GoHawklets

ucahogfan

East Coast Baseball @eastcoastbball 
  ·   Apr 21   
2016 @jack_kenley @ArkRazorbacks commit stays red hot going 2-3 with a 2B off MS State commit Austin Riley who will be high round draft pick

Clint Mitchell @ct_mitchell 
  ·   Apr 22   
At least a dozen MLB scouts here in Marshfield to watch Rogersville ace @JacobSchlesener pitch against the Blue Jays.

Clint Mitchell @ct_mitchell 
  ·   Apr 22   
Scouts behind me now talking about Schlesener's toughness ... Gotta be a good thing, I assume.

paul boyd @nwapaulb 
  ·   Apr 21   
Kacey Murphy threw a 2 - hitter, struck out 11 and had 3 hits in Heritage's 7-0 win.

hawgcraZ

Bump for the addition of Nate Alberius to the commit list

ucahogfan

May 14, 2015, 03:03:44 pm #137 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:34:16 pm by ucahogfan
2015 Commitments
1.  Jacob Adams - 5-11, 155, SS, NR, N/A, Arkansas (committed to Crowder)
2.  Isaiah Campbell - 6-4, 230, RHP, 500, 9, Kansas
3.  Eric Cole - 5-11, 170, OF, 500, 9, Texas
4.  Anthony Dahl - 6-3, 185, SS, 500, N/A, Texas
5.  Ty Harris - 6-2, 170, LHP, 261, 9, Arkansas
6.  Blaine Knight - 6-2, 160, RHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
7.  Grant Koch - 6-0, 190, C, 500, 9, Arkansas
8.  Jacob Schlesener - 6-2, 170, LHP, 500, N/A, Missouri
9.  Weston Rogers - 6-4, 205, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
10.  Cody Scroggins - 6-0, 170, SS, Top 1000, N/A, Arkansas
11.  Brendan Stanek - 6-1, 165, RHP, 500, N/A, Kansas
12.  Drew Tyler - 6-0, 190, SS, 500, 8, Arkansas
13.  Kacey Murphy - 6-0, 180, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
14.  Andrew Bolin - 6-2, 170, OF, NR, N/A, Oklahoma
15.  Kevin Kopps - 6-0, 175, RHP, NR, 8, Texas
16.  Barrett Loseke - 5-11, 150, RHP, NR, 8.5, Oklahoma
17.  Jake Reindl - 6-1, 175, RHP, NR, 8.5, Arkansas
18.  Nathan Alberius - 6-0, 190, INF, NR, 8, Arkansas (FR JUCO in Tennessee)
19.  Jordan Rodriguez - 5-11, 190, LHP, NR, N/A, Texas (SO JUCO in Texas)
20.  Sam McDonnell - 6-0, 185, OF, NR, N/A, Texas (SO JUCO in Texas)
21.  Dalton Moats - 6-3, 195, LHP, NR, 9, Missouri (SO JUCO in Oklahoma)

2016 Commitments
1.  Jordan McFarland - 6-4, 220, 3B, 117, 9.5, Illinois
2.  Jaxon Williams - 5-7, 155, SS, 87, N/A, Texas
3.  Ben Rortvedt - 5-10, 185, C, NR, 10, Wisconsin
4.  Matt Cronin - 5-11, 170, LHP, NR, N/A, Florida
5.  Jacob Kostyshock - 6-4, 160, RHP, NR, N/A, Missouri
6.  Dominic Fletcher - 5-9, 180, OF, 213, 10, California
7.  Jack Kenley - 6-0, 170, SS, NR, 9, Tennessee
8.  Matt Burch - 5-9, 155, SS, NR, N/A, Illinois
9.  Blake Lillis - 6-3, 175, LHP, NR, N/A, Kansas
10.  Evan Lee - 6-0, 160, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
11.  Tyler Benninghoff - 6-4, 180, RHP, 66, 9.5, Kansas (high school in Missouri)
12.  Brenden Heiss - 6-1, 210, RHP, 45, N/A, Illinois
13.  Lucas Krull - 6-6, 200, LHP, NR, N/A, Kansas
14.  Cole Stobbe - 6-1, 180, SS, 63, 9.5, Nebraska
15.  Angus Denton - 6-0, 165, RHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas

Signed Players

ucahogfan

May 14, 2015, 03:04:27 pm #138 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:34:40 pm by ucahogfan
2015 State-by-State Breakdown
Arkansas - 9 (2 SS, 3 LHP, 1 C, 2 RHP, 1 INF)
Texas - 5 (1 SS, 2 OF, 1 RHP, 1 LHP)
Kansas - 2 (2 RHP)
Missouri - 2 (2 LHP)
Oklahoma - 2 (1 OF, 1 RHP)

2016 State-by-State Breakdown
Illinois - 3 (1 3B, 1 SS, 1 RHP)
Texas - 1 (1 SS)
Wisconsin - 1 (1 C)
Florida - 1 (1 LHP)
Missouri - 1 (1 RHP)
California - 1 (1 OF)
Tennessee - 1 (1 SS)
Kansas - 3 (2 LHP, 1 RHP)
Arkansas - 2 (1 LHP, 1 RHP)
Nebraska - 1 (1 SS)

ucahogfan

A couple of JUCO names have popped up as committing/signing with the Hogs:

The first is INF Nathan Alberius who is the brother of RS Sophomore RHP Josh Alberius.  Nathan is currently a freshman at Jackson State Community College in Jackson, Tennessee and will be a sophomore in 2016.  He is currently triple slashing .307/.397/.456 with 3 HRs and 20 RBIs.  Here is a link to his stats this season:

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2014-15/div1/players/natealberiusq4t7

The other is LHP Jordan Rodriguez who plays at Alvin Community College and is former teammates with Rick Nomura.  Rodriguez is currently a sophomore and will be a junior in 2016.  He is currently 8-3 in 75.2 IP with a 3.21 ERA and 53 Ks.  Here is a link to his stats this season:

http://njcaaregion14.com/sports/bsb/2014-15/players/jordanrodriguez3z6m

As with most season, I expect we will see a couple of more names pop up over the next month or so.

Amityvillehogger

I was told there is one in the 2015's that won't make the required ACT score/grades to make it to campus. Will have to go juco.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hogfreak

There was a website at one time you could look up all the commits and potential recruits for this year as well as future years. Does anyone have a link? Thanks in advance.

bulldog04

hoggin

I think 90% of these links show nothing.

ucahogfan

I found another JUCO commit.  Sam McDonnell is currently a sophomore OF at Navarro College and I believe he was high school teammates with Tucker Pennell.  He is currently triple slashing .340/.423/.431 with 12 XBHs (no HRs), 27 RBIs, and 10-15 SBs.

ucahogfan

Dalton Moats @Moatsyy 
  ·  5h 5 hours ago   
Excited to announce I'll be continuing my education/baseball career at the University of Arkansas 🐗🐗

Dalton Moats marks the 6th LHP that has committed/signed for the 2015 class.  Moats is currently a sophomore at NEO after signing with Coastal Carolina out of high school in 2013.  He is 7-3 on the year in 10 starts with a 2.59 ERA and 70 Ks in 62.2 IP.  Here is a link to his current JUCO stats:

http://neoathletics.com/sports/2013/2/18/BB_0218133124.aspx?path=baseball

He was a 33rd round selection by the hometown Kansas City Royals in 2013 after topping out at 90 MPH according to this article from PBR:

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/MO/Missouri-Players-Emerge-As-Potential-MLB-Draft-Picks-3086729514

Here is his PG report from the 2012 PG National Showcase where he graded out at 9:

Dalton Moats is a 2013 LHP/1B with a 6-3 175 lb. frame from Kansas City, MO who attends Park Hill HS. Tall slender build, good physical projection. Quick paced delivery, some effort, high 3/4's slot, hides ball well, good downhill angle. Fastball topped at 87 mph, maintained velocity well, good angle and leverage on fastball, mostly straight. Good feel for breaking balls, throws big curveball at 70 mph, shortens up to slider break with good downward bite at 76 mph, did not see change up. Left handed hitter, good overall swing mechanics, good hands to the ball, good weight shift, lacks strength but solid spray line drive contact. Record of steady improvement, no reason he won't continue to improve. Good student.

hogville38

Could somebody tell me me where I can get info about  baseball recruiting.

PorkRyan

Quote from: hogville38 on May 20, 2015, 09:15:30 am
Could somebody tell me me where I can get info about  baseball recruiting.

The linked thread is going to be your best bet for Razorback stuff.  You can also try Hognation and Prep Baseball Report Arkansas.  For more national stuff Baseball America and Perfect Game are your best bets. 

hogville38

Quote from: PorkRyan on May 20, 2015, 09:20:39 am
The linked thread is going to be your best bet for Razorback stuff.  You can also try Hognation and Prep Baseball Report Arkansas.  For more national stuff Baseball America and Perfect Game are your best bets.
Thx guys