Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good luck, Hog fans

Started by wincrimson, January 12, 2008, 12:12:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wincrimson

January 12, 2008, 12:12:00 pm Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:22:15 pm by Wincrimson
My Tide is definitely down this year and Gottfried's teams are traditionally weak on the road. 

Prediction:  Arkansas- 83  Alabama- 68

TuckFexas

Quote from: Wincrimson on January 12, 2008, 12:12:00 pm
My Tide is definitely down this year and Gottfried's teams are traditionally weak on the road. 

Prediction:  Arkansas- 83  Alabama- 68

I saw y'all play against Florida, I'm not as confident in our team as you are. I hope they feel like playing tomorrow. Hendrix and Gee are damn good.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

wincrimson

Gee is a pure athlete.  He's going to be a better athlete than the guy covering him, and that goes for all teams.  However, he was able to knock down some shots against UF that he is normally not hitting.  His 32 points, while very impressive, is somewhat of an anomaly. 

Where we'll get beat is beyond the arc.  Ervin, Weems, and Beverly will have a field day from the outside since Gottfried refuses to play anything remotely close to perimeter defense.  That is, if we don't cave in the full court press like we did last year in our trip to Fayetteville... We're really missing Ron Steele and counting down the days until he returns next season.

harmonyhog

I predict a Bama win 82-80. The ghost of Stan Heath seems to reappear every three or four games and the Hogs play poorly.

Modsquad24

January 12, 2008, 12:51:17 pm #4 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:57:23 pm by Modsquad24
no, I doubt the hogs lose this game in Fayetteville in front of a sellout, I see the hogs starting 3-0, but the at uga game I dont know about. GHG!

I think the ghost of stan heaths past that shows up every 3 or 4 games showed up v.s Auburn harmonyhog, but we somehow survived it cuz we stunk it up in alot of areas that game despite getting the W which is most important.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Wincrimson on January 12, 2008, 12:20:51 pm
Gee is a pure athlete.  He's going to be a better athlete than the guy covering him, and that goes for all teams.  However, he was able to knock down some shots against UF that he is normally not hitting.  His 32 points, while very impressive, is somewhat of an anomaly. 

Where we'll get beat is beyond the arc.  Ervin, Weems, and Beverly will have a field day from the outside since Gottfried refuses to play anything remotely close to perimeter defense.  That is, if we don't cave in the full court press like we did last year in our trip to Fayetteville... We're really missing Ron Steele and counting down the days until he returns next season.

Problem is that our outside shooting still isnt great by any stretch of the imagination.   Beverly can shoot it, and Weems has gotten his shot back to.  But Ervin and Welsh both suck behind the line

Thomas against Hendrix down low is going to be a war.  The only thing I saw out of Bama that we can take advantage of is that they played very poor defense against Florida
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Wincrimson on January 12, 2008, 12:20:51 pm

I don't know man.  Weems and Beverly are the only players that resemble decent 3 point shooters and they are a bit spotty this year.

40MINSOFHELL

we'll win by 12 or so, bama will be cold all game and the crowd will give them problems, Bama 22 turnovers, Hogs 9 turnovers, Hogs win this won and lead the SEC WEST and PEL IS A GREAT COACH...

wincrimson

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 12, 2008, 01:24:26 pm
I don't know man.  Weems and Beverly are the only players that resemble decent 3 point shooters and they are a bit spotty this year.

Are they spotty when they are WIDE open?

Against Alabama, they'll be wide frikkin open.

HoginHouston

Honestly, Alabama and Arkansas are both very capable of losing (or winning) this game. I suspect that wincrimson is right: Bama will insist on making us hitting some perimeter shots. We can't work the ball inside consistently anyway, so guess that's how the game will be won or lost. We seriously need to make free throws to win conference games.
Go Hogs Go.

40MINSOFHELL

Arkansas will win, just let the people say what they want, arkansas wont lose

TheHAWGfather

Hope you are right WinC. They can hit when they are wide open. We need a good start.