Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fan support of SEC basketball programs

Started by Lard, January 11, 2008, 11:22:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lard

I was perusing Kentucky's rivals board and came across this thread started by a volunqueer.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=109657418&mid=109657418&sid=888&style=2

He contends that Tennessee is on the same level as Arkansas as far as importance of basketball to the fans from a current and historical perspective.  Some of the UK fans think Arkansas and Vandy are on the same level.

To me it is:

Tier I - Top Echelon
Kentucky - They are psycho about basketball

Tier II - Very rabid fans, support team even during down periods, basketball success matters
Arkansas - Strong support even in the tumultous years since 2000.  Historically very strong fan support.

Tier III - Fan base very interested in basketball program but not rabid.
Vanderbilt - Usually always good support

Tier IV - Fairly good support for good teams, ambivalence otherwise
Alabama
Florida
LSU
South Carolina
Tennessee

Tier V - Couldn't care less
Ole Miss
Miss. State
Auburn
Georgia

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Lard

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Beaverfever

lol I don't know but the auburn crowd the other night was ridiculous.  I was ROFLMAO when they were talking about the new fancy arena they were building.  Anyone else find that funny?

Lard

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 11, 2008, 11:54:09 am
lol I don't know but the auburn crowd the other night was ridiculous.  I was ROFLMAO when they were talking about the new fancy arena they were building.  Anyone else find that funny?
and the new arena they plan to build which will cost $95MM will only seat 9500.  Their current arena seats a little over 10000 now.
-Thomas Jefferson

spudhog

hey, i wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks to watch auburn play usc this season. the sec has been down for quite sometime. i think it is on the upswing but we need to inject more life. you look across the board, we need better coaches and players. the coaching is picking up but we need more player depth.

back in the 90's, you still watched ut for alan houston, auburn for a wesley person and ole miss for a sesay.