Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brewer having a good night

Started by L.A., January 11, 2008, 12:16:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L.A.

He's been so much better than I thought he would be in his second year in the league.  Fun to watch his game continually develope.

mathhog

ditto Joe Johnson.  should make the allstar team outright, if he keeps the hawks in the top 5 seeds or so in the east (which they were before a 4 game skid this week)

good to see former hogs shine!

L.A.

Joe is a flat out freak, one of the top perimeter players in the game who often goes under the radar because of a lack of flash to his game.  He can simply do it all.

mathhog

Quote from: lower_arkansas on January 11, 2008, 12:35:20 am
Joe is a flat out freak, one of the top perimeter players in the game who often goes under the radar because of a lack of flash to his game.  He can simply do it all.

yup, and add to that him playing in atlanta, a poorly attended arena with small fan support.

L.A.

Brewer player of the game with 21 pts.  Way to represent Ronnie.

jschulte

Quote from: lower_arkansas on January 11, 2008, 01:09:17 am
Brewer player of the game with 21 pts.  Way to represent Ronnie.

man, a win over the sun... very impressive - he was also in the game the longest 32 min

CurlyTail

Way to go Ronnie. He's really coming into his own.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: lower_arkansas on January 11, 2008, 12:35:20 am

This comparison may seem weird, but as a long time hog fan and Arkansas resident who spent a lot of time in Boston, he reminds me of a young Paul Pierce, and I say that with the utmost of respect.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on January 11, 2008, 01:49:01 am
This comparison may seem weird, but as a long time hog fan and Arkansas resident who spent a lot of time in Boston, he reminds me of a young Paul Pierce, and I say that with the utmost of respect.

I'd take Joe over Paul any day of the week...

aristotle

JJ is the man. I keep up with his box scores routinely. May be the best hog to play the NBA game when it's all said and done. So far, Sidney wears that crown.

Ronnie had a great game last night. The oop from Williams was sickalicious.

aristotle

Quote from: NinoHog on January 11, 2008, 08:50:48 am
I would take Joe over alot of Sg's in the NBA if he was from NWA then he would have 2 shrines already.

Don't know about that, but I do agree that we need more recognition of past basketball players on the Hill. If Nolan hadn't gone out six star ( grand theft auto reference ), he'd have a statue and a shrine. I think time is starting to heal those wounds tho, and with Frank gone out to pasture, maybe Nolan will relax his stance a little and we can be friends again. Am I naive?

porkenstein

brewer definitely makes me proud to be from AR. he's a smart kid with good people around him and he definitely made the right decision buying into Jerry Sloan's system. if they keep that squad intact they should be in the running for the West every year.

chillinhoggie

Quote from: aristotle on January 11, 2008, 09:09:39 am
JJ is the man. I keep up with his box scores routinely. May be the best hog to play the NBA game when it's all said and done. So far, Sidney wears that crown.

Ronnie had a great game last night. The oop from Williams was sickalicious.
I'm so bitter after the Hog game I forgot to switch back over and missed the oop... the did replay it going into commercial.....

then I fell asleep

booogaga

brewer just needs to work on his 3 point shot and he will be a big force
GO HOGS!