Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You know why Pel is a good coach?

Started by pcrouch3809, January 10, 2008, 11:05:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pcrouch3809

The way we were playing at the beginning of the season compared to now looks like a different team.  When a team can progress like we have so far this season, the coach is doing an excellent job.  After watching tonight, I believe that we will get better and win the SEC West. 

Hogtropolis™

We might win the SECW, but it is going to be tough having to go through Ole Miss.  They are a pretty solid team.

Dwight_K_Shrute

One of the things I like most about Pel is how he acts after a game.  I know all coaches do this, but I really appreciate the time he takes talking to the opposing players.  He seems so sincere and encouraging to the other guys once the game is over.  I think this comes from a true love and understanding of basketball.  It's the kind of thing that's engrained in them growing up in small town Kentucky.  It's a pure love and passion for the game.  This is why he is going to be a success and why I hope we do everything to keep him as long as possible.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HatfieldHog

Our guys played hard tonight.  That was impressive!  I don't believe that I've seen our guys play that hard since the Nolan days.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 10, 2008, 11:10:40 pm
We might win the SECW, but it is going to be tough having to go through Ole Miss.  They are a pretty solid team.
With a great point guard! He almost beat TN two nights ago.
Pittman or Bust!

PennHOG

What about the fact that he looked so totally in control at the end of that game.  Remeber how Heath used to just stand around and talk with his assistents?  It almost looked like he didn't know what to do.  Last night Pel seemed to have a some thing to tell them during time outs and he did it in a passionate way. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Modsquad24

I really hope we win the secw, but even if ole miss did win the west and we finished 2nd, it's been since Joe Johnson's last year (when they went to the NCAAT as a 7 seed v.s. Gtown) since we've been the 2 seed in the sect and got an opening round bye so even that would be a step forward from years past, GHG!

Beaverfever

The odds of us beating out ole miss in the west are pretty slim, and that is not an indictment of Pel. 

The Lemming

I love Pel. He coaches those kids absolutely every opportunity he gets. There's never a time when one of those kids comes off the floor that he doesn't have some direction to provide. That's excellent. We will be much better for it in the coming years. But we're in for a tough season this year. We're going to struggle. I'd be surprised if we go over .500 in the SEC. I keep expecting a couple of those guys just to flourish at some point but it aint happening. I am glad to see him utilizing Hill the way he needs to be used. Swapping D for O at the app. times.

Don't get to see this team much in Tulsa market but saw them last night and they are beginning to look something like a team.  We beat a short on personnel team last night.  We did it on the road in the SEC and that alone says something.  I want to think these guys will not only look like BB players but actually become BB players.  If each player starts playing his best and then Pel can put that into a team thing, we can win pretty well this season.  I wanted sweet 16 before the season started and 2 weeks back was just hoping for a winning conference season, now, I think we can join the thrifty 32 and maybe, just maybe the sweet 16.

Modsquad24

ok this team may not be sweet 16 material like lots predicted before the season, but they will finish above .500 in sec this year and make a 3rd consecutive trip to the big dance, they'll win most games at BWA and LSU only scoring 39 pts at home v.s. MSU makes me think that ones very winnable along with the at UK and at UGA games, we will be fine promise ya. GHG!