Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Officiating

Started by jep_hog_fan, January 10, 2008, 09:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jep_hog_fan

January 10, 2008, 09:22:07 pm Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:37:02 pm by jep_hog_fan
Looks like we have the typical sec home court advantage in officiating tonight. First a travel (BS) then a tick tack foul. The foul wouldn't appear as bad if they'd call the hacks on Thomas and Townes.

HogBaptist

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on January 10, 2008, 09:22:07 pm
Looks like we have the typical home court advantage in officiating tonight. First a travel (BS) then a tick tack foul. The foul wouldn't appear as bad if they'd call the hacks on Thomas and Townes.

This is very one sided so far.  The officiating is horrible.  They are all over our backs on rebounds, they are hacking like crazy in the paint, and we can't do anything without the whistle blowing.

hog_fan

your name says you are a hog fan, but you are crying about fouls not being caled on the hogs?

HogBaptist

Quote from: hog_fan on January 10, 2008, 09:51:16 pm
your name says you are a hog fan, but you are crying about fouls not being caled on the hogs?

he wasn't talking about fouls being called on the Hogs.  other way around.

PMP11

Townes traveled, twice.  Don't blame the officiating, blame our players.  We look horrible.

Ouachihog

How about the big block that started the break?  On the replay, you could see it was an obvious goal tend.  Oh well, that's what you get on the road. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Ouachihog on January 10, 2008, 09:53:23 pm
How about the big block that started the break?  On the replay, you could see it was an obvious goal tend.  Oh well, that's what you get on the road. 

there have been two clear goaltending calls they have missed.  those are worse than calling bad fouls, because they are just so easy to see

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: PMP11 on January 10, 2008, 09:53:20 pm
Townes traveled, twice.  Don't blame the officiating, blame our players.  We look horrible.

The first one was NOT a travel, even the commentators said it immediately.

gohogs13

I agree, our bigs are getting hammered down below and no calls.

aristotle

You guys never watch an SEC game before?

This happens each and every season. Home court advantage is not just a mental thing.  Got to overcome to excel in this league.

Hogtropolis™

The officiating was waaaay 1 sided tonight.  We were lucky to come away with a win with all the bad calls we were getting.

HamHands

wasn't LINDSEY one of the refs? We got history.
One day at a time.

hogsailor

Quote from: Hogtropolis? on January 10, 2008, 11:02:13 pm
The officiating was waaaay 1 sided tonight.  We were lucky to come away with a win with all the bad calls we were getting.

WORD!!!!

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 10, 2008, 11:02:13 pm

We did get one break at the end, Washington walked right into that foul   LOL

alltimeqb

worst officiating ever.

razorzapp

i thought the officiating was worse than normal last night.  they weren't calling charges (or blocking fouls).  thomas drew 2 charges and there was no whistle even though there was major contact both times.  they didn't even call a blocking foul.

porkenstein

PMP11

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on January 10, 2008, 10:14:21 pm
The first one was NOT a travel, even the commentators said it immediately.

I must have seen exactly what the ref saw b/c I yelled at the TV before the ref blew the whistle.  Townes took a quick jump and it sure as hell looked like a travel to me(and the ref).  Dykes then said it was not a travel, but i disagree.

I agree that the officiating was subpar, but that is no excuse for keeping auburn in the game.  If we continue like this, it will be a very long conference season.