Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum comments on the Louisville situation

Started by Hoggie17, September 27, 2017, 02:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:35:08 pm
if you do not know the difference there is no point in me talking to you further.

You don't have to be Jesus to have integrity.

The thing is, a head coach has to have integrity AND win at the same time. We do have integrity at the U of A but we haven't been relevant since the 2011 season and therein lies the problem.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: Gonzo on September 27, 2017, 04:33:28 pm
Must be nice to be a saint. I mean, either you have integrity or you don't.

Go Hogs!

Yep, I am glad we have identified all the non-sinners on the board.  Since I am not one of them I don't properly understand their righteous indignation.

Hoggie17

if you do not know the difference there is no point in me talking to you further.

Let's call a halt this acting if we are perfect and those that we defend are perfect.  All men/women have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God, that's why God the father sent his son to die on the cross for all our sins. BP is not perfect but he knew how to coach football at the UofA.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:36:11 pm
No he isn't blaming the wrong person, he like many others, doesn't have his head up Jeff Long's backside so he can clearly see the man for what he really is.

I've not liked everything thing Jeff's done. That comes with the territory of being an AD. I also don't get a vote on his employment status. Therefore I don't have my head anywhere near any part of him. BP was fired for lying to his boss. He had every right to fire him. You might not like the way he handled it and what he said but that isn't a fireable offense. Especially since you aren't his boss.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:41:25 pm
Let's call a halt this acting if we are perfect and those that we defend are perfect.  All men/women have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God, that's why God the father sent his son to die on the cross for all our sins. BP is not perfect but he knew how to coach football at the UofA.

Who's this football God guy?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Gonzo

Lol. You take the absolute stance of "you either have integrity or you don't" in maligning a coach, yet when presented with the mirror, now there are differences? So it's okay to be a little faulty as long as it doesn't extend beyond your boundary? Got it.

I love watching hyperbole blow up.

Go Hogs!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Gonzo

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:39:51 pm
what he really is?

The man is not an adulterous acehole is that what you mean? you apparently hold those values in high regard.

CBB maybe failing at being a coach but he is not a bad or evil man lol and neither is Jeff Long.

Like I said, you need to get your head out of Jeff Long's backside so you can see him for what he really is  A lie telling, program destroying, egomaniac.

hogman64

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 03:10:01 pm
With the AD being ousted and all the turmoil it does make sense. It'll be a nightmare for us if he ends up at A&M or Auburn...especially if we are still stuck with Bielema.]

[/quote
Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 03:10:01 pm
With the AD being ousted and all the turmoil it does make sense. It'll be a nightmare for us if he ends up at A&M or Auburn...especially if we are still stuck with Bielema.

why because we might start losing to those schools on a regular basis?  might even  lose to one of them by 50+?      you are right that is and would continue to be a nightmare.......

grayhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 04:42:22 pm
I've not liked everything thing Jeff's done. That comes with the territory of being an AD. I also don't get a vote on his employment status. Therefore I don't have my head anywhere near any part of him. BP was fired for lying to his boss. He had every right to fire him. You might not like the way he handled it and what he said but that isn't a fireable offense. Especially since you aren't his boss.
You never ever lied to your boss?

JohnnyJohn

Quote from: majp51 on September 27, 2017, 04:20:26 pm
IN what Universe? Petrino only every got close to Saban once. Petrino is the college Equivalent of Doug Collins. He can get a team close, but never good enough to win it all.

If BP was at Alabama he would have >Fulmer success there.  Multiple championships over a decade, guaranteed, and nobody who really watches football would stand up and holler that they disagree.  Insane how some of you post on a sports message board without watching sports. 

OTOH, Beliema if he can get his obesity under control and had a little more time, could win what the hogs are expected to win at their pinnacle, which is about 8 games plus.

We would win 10 games in at least one season if we keep Bret through 2022. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 04:42:22 pm

that was just the official excuse Long used. If I were his boss, he wouldn't have had a job after the lies he told in that termination press conference. It's pretty darn hypocritical for and AD to claim to have fired a head coach for lying and then get up in the termination press conference and lie his own butt off.

311Hog

Quote from: Gonzo on September 27, 2017, 04:44:11 pm

Lol. You take the absolute stance of "you either have integrity or you don't" in maligning a coach, yet when presented with the mirror, now there are differences? So it's okay to be a little faulty as long as it doesn't extend beyond your boundary? Got it.

I love watching hyperbole blow up.

Go Hogs!

did you read the person i was replying to? of course not. I said Petrino does not have intergrity.  Guv said he did not in his "personal" life but that his professional life he was clean as a whistle.

I disagree you hire your mistress to work for you, and then lie to your boss about it means you do not have integrity PERIOD.

Let me spell it out for you.

I want a coach with integrity
I want a coach that wins
I do not want to win if the coach is a cheating/lying jackwagon.

That is what is being discussed would "I" take CBP back and basically piss on my school's reputation in the process.

No i would not.  Nothing to do with sinners and saints me or you. 

also omg who knew there was such a segment of the Hog fanbase that would drop down to a knee and give Bobby the dflute solo my god.  Yall have issues man.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 27, 2017, 02:55:15 pm
If Petrino signals that he wants back in the SEC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as our next coach.  Wouldn't that be a riot?  Petrino did what he had to do...he put that scandal to bed. 

Long has hired him once, why not twice?

Jacobs hired him twice too but he is much smarter than Long
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Hoggie17

Quote from: grayhawg on September 27, 2017, 04:46:41 pm
Who posting right now has never lied to their parents, their teachers. their boss or cheated on their income taxes.  Who among you has never told a lie.

cj_sez

If Petrino wanted back in the SEC, I'd rather have him at UofA than at another school. He can coach, unlike the current HC.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:54:08 pm
Who posting right now has never lied to their parents, their teachers. their boss or cheated on their income taxes.  Who among you has never told a lie.
If you can not answer that if the affirmative then you are no better that BP.

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:52:48 pm
did you read the person i was replying to? of course not. I said Petrino does not have intergrity.  Guv said he did not in his "personal" life but that his professional life he was clean as a whistle.

I disagree you hire your mistress to work for you, and then lie to your boss about it means you do not have integrity PERIOD.

I want a coach that wins

That is what is being discussed would "I" take CBP back and basically piss on my school's reputation in the process.

also omg who knew there was such a segment of the Hog fanbase that would drop down to a knee and give Bobby the dflute solo my god.  Yall have issues man.

BP did not hire Jessica and that has been proven many times so stop with the false stories.

EastexHawg

The "lying to your boss" standard was invented by people who feel the need to defend Long in light of the total collapse of the football program and is proclaimed as if it is an ironclad and universal truth.  It's not.

In the meantime, I want to know who all the people are who commit adultery and then immediately go tell their bosses so they (at the very least) can't be accused of lying. 

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:59:39 pm
BP did not hire Jessica and that has been proven many times so stop with the false stories.

yes he did.  He paid her, hired her, and then tried to cover it up.  the only person who disagrees with any of this is you.  Because you want to say that because he was standing behind the person that physically handed her her offer letter that he "didn't" hire her is idiotic.

Been10Hog

Quote from: cj_sez on September 27, 2017, 04:55:52 pm
If Petrino wanted back in the SEC, I'd rather have him at UofA than at another school. He can coach, unlike the current HC.
But, unfortunately for that assumption the current head coach has taken this team just as high as the former head coach in the SEC west, 3rd. BP's receivers will never be better than the DBs at LSU and Bama. The O-line will never be better than the D-line at LSU and Bama. The result would always be on the shoulders of a QB running for his life throwing off his back foot

gchamblee

when you did it, did you involve the Arkansas State Police and call a press conference to do it on television?

311Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 27, 2017, 05:01:09 pm
The "lying to your boss" standard was invented by people who feel the need to defend Long in light of the total collapse of the football program and is proclaimed as if it is an ironclad and universal truth.  It's not.

In the meantime, I want to know who all the people are who commit adultery and then immediately go tell their bosses so they (at the very least) can't be accused of lying. 

and the "win at all costs i don't care if the school burns to the ground" crowd never went to the UofA and probably can't find it on a map.

btw i have no opinion on Long he is the AD, done nothing as far as i know to be fired.

Been10Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:59:39 pm
wth?

Inhogswetrust

September 27, 2017, 05:05:11 pm #125 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:17:56 pm by Inhogswetrust

Not when my job depended on it and it was important or work related. Sure I've said I was late for some stupid reason. That's all I can think of. NEVER have lied about who I hired, why I hired them, was with or not, what I was doing with an employee I hired or if i was doing something that would embarrass him or the company, might have consequences for those that worked gofer me and never had to face cameras during a press conference and tell a bold face lie that would jeopardize my job and embarrass the company and my boss. I've helped fire others for doing stupid stuff not even on company time or property. Personal behavior does matter for some jobs. Some lies will get you fired and some won't.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hoglady on September 27, 2017, 03:19:13 pm
He's got to learn to check his emotions during a game - tries to do too much at times and gets flustered.
All the talent and potential in the world. And his passing is getting better every year.

I wasn't aware you were a Louisville fan?

gchamblee

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 27, 2017, 05:02:50 pm
wth?

Guv decided who he liked, and then made up the events that surrounded the firing to align with his previous choice. Its kind of funny to watch. Ive provided him with Jeff Longs personal notes several times and he just ignores them and continues with his made up story.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:15:04 pm
Jesus Christ taught us to forgive.

You are 100% correct but I would venture to say that they are the first ones most likely to not forgive. I am a Christian but do something wrong and you are likely to be scorned more than the average Joe would be on the street. Maybe that's the way it should be, I don't have an answer for that.

I have read that BP has turned his life around with his wife and if that's the case then reasonable people should accept him. I know I do. The other question I have always had is why did Jeff Long pry so deeply into what Bobby did that day?  Probably 99% of men that have an affair but want to keep their marriage will lie when first asked. Why didn't Jeff Long tell Bobby you had an accident on your personal time that you need to resolve with the media, police, and insurance company. If there is anything you need to discuss with me now is the time to do so. If there is something I need to know explain it now so that the University or athletic department is not embarrassed later.

I am sure this is an oversimplification but it sounds like it may have worked.

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 05:01:37 pm
yes he did.  He paid her, hired her, and then tried to cover it up.  the only person who disagrees with any of this is you.  Because you want to say that because he was standing behind the person that physically handed her her offer letter that he "didn't" hire her is idiotic.

No he didn't, there is a poster on here who has said he has hard copy proof that Bobby didn't even recommend Jessica for the job and has offered to by lunch for and meet with anyone who wants to see that proof. Strangely enough, no one who believes Bobby hired Jessica has bothered to accept the posters offer. I wonder what they are all scare of??

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 27, 2017, 05:06:14 pm
I wasn't aware you were a Louisville fan?
I think she is a fan of when Arkansas was winning and misses it

RazorPiggie

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 03:56:43 pm
It's my honest opinion. I've always believed Jeff Long really fired Bobby because Bobby was getting more attention from the Hog faithful than Long was and that the official reasons were just convenient excuses. It's no secret that many people gave Bobby's success with the football program more credit for the spike in revenue than they gave Long.

That's the dumbest opinion I have read today.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 05:05:11 pm
Not when my job depended on it and it was important or work related. Sure I've said I was late for some stupid reason. That's all I can think of. NEVER have lied about who I hired, why I hired them, was with or not, what I was doing with an employee I hired or if i was doing something that would embarrass him or the company, might have consequences for those that worked gofer me and never had to face cameras during a press conference and tell a bold face lie that would jeopardize my job and embarrass the company and my boss.
I think the worst lie any citizen of the USA can make is to lie to the government.  How many people have lied on their income tax statement. You can get a lot worse than lose your job, you can go to prison. Remember Al Capone.

hoghearted

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on September 27, 2017, 05:08:08 pm
I think she is a fan of when Arkansas was winning and misses it

She also enjoys good college football.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 27, 2017, 05:07:22 pm
You are 100% correct but I would venture to say that they are the first ones most likely to not forgive. I am a Christian but do something wrong and you are likely to be scorned more than the average Joe would be on the street. Maybe that's the way it should be, I don't have an answer for that.

I have read that BP has turned his life around with his wife and if that's the case then reasonable people should accept him. I know I do. The other question I have always had is why did Jeff Long pry so deeply into what Bobby did that day?  Probably 99% of men that have an affair but want to keep their marriage will lie when first asked. Why didn't Jeff Long tell Bobby you had an accident on your personal time that you need to resolve with the media, police, and insurance company. If there is anything you need to discuss with me now is the time to do so. If there is something I need to know explain it now so that the University or athletic department is not embarrassed later.

I am sure this is an oversimplification but it sounds like it may have worked.

I certainly hope he has been able to salvage his marriage. That sure as heck is more important than any high paying coaching job. Also kudo's to him and his wife for working it out. That doesn't mean I would hire him or want him as my coach. He's paid a price and moved on. Good for him. Especially if he's also learned how to treat people nicer. 

Gonzo

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:52:48 pm

I want a coach that wins

Ah, nice. Now you need to make personal attacks that I or anyone want to commit sexual acts with BP. I can feel that integrity and those high moral values flowing through the keyboard.

I knew precisely to what I was responding. You drew a line in the sand with an absolute that doesn't hold up and didn't care for someone pointing it out, at which point you to tried to redraw it elsewhere.

Go Hogs!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 05:07:23 pm
No he didn't, there is a poster on here who has said he has hard copy proof that Bobby didn't even recommend Jessica for the job and has offered to by lunch for and meet with anyone who wants to see that proof. Strangely enough, no one who believes Bobby hired Jessica has bothered to accept the posters offer. I wonder what they are all scare of??

An anonymous poster on here? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 05:06:38 pm
Guv decided who he liked, and then made up the events that surrounded the firing to align with his previous choice. Its kind of funny to watch. Ive provided him with Jeff Longs personal notes several times and he just ignores them and continues with his made up story.

He lives in Guv world.....................not the real world.

Inhogswetrust

I haven't............no wait that's a lie. Dang!

S&W

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SugarHillGaHog

IF BP is ever hired back at Arkansas I'm gone.  I know people can change but I don't want to risk going back there.  Most times it's unlikely people change.  They just get better about covering their butts.  I know he and Gus are put on a pedestal by certain fans but I have my BS limit and either of those cross it.  I'm just one fan though.   

GoHogs1091

Quote from: sowmonella on September 27, 2017, 04:44:41 pm
No SEC school will hire BP.

That could be correct.

If Robert ultimately leaves Louisville, and if Jeff Brohm gets hired in the SEC, then Robert may be Brohm's replacement at Purdue.

Silver Hog

Tusks

Bring him back and some of us will up our giving.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 27, 2017, 03:56:18 pm
It would be unique but Louisville hired Petrino back after his leaving caused a scandal. 

What scandal did his leaving cause at Louisville? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Cinco de Hogo

It's my honest opinion. I've always believed Jeff Long really fired Bobby because Bobby was getting more attention from the Hog faithful than Long was and that the official reasons were just convenient excuses. It's no secret that many people gave Bobby's success with the football program more credit for the spike in revenue than they gave Long.

That's no true Guv, Long fired Bobby because he was told to fire Bobby.  Given a choice I don't know what he would have done on his own but when he said there was never a chance of keeping him he meant exactly that.  He already knew, what has been shown is nothing more than scenarios of how to spin it.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 05:14:47 pm
An anonymous poster on here? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

He put his money where his mouth is so take him up on his offer if you've got the guts. I think you are scared to death he'll prove you wrong.

SRV

I certainly have no real knowledge of how things work in an athletic department, but surely a D1 AD would expect the football coach to get the most credit and spotlight.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....