Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks to one awsome guy.

Started by tahlahog, February 17, 2013, 03:25:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tahlahog

My 10 year old son wanted to go to the mizzou vs. Hog game for his birthday, the game sold out so we went early and held up our beggers fingers for two tickets.  My son noticed a guy holding up to tickets and we started walking his way, he was then flooded by people wanting the tickets, some were being very rudd and forcefull. He was obviosley confused who to sell them too.  Someone made the statement that he was trying to take the highest bidder.  I told him that it was my son's birthday and he sold us the tickets. face value was $25 each as I was handing him the $50 for the tickets, he said just give me a $20. Great guy and made my son's day.  Thanks to whoever it was who sold us the tickets.

99toLife

Quote from: tahlahog on February 17, 2013, 03:25:39 pm
My 10 year old son wanted to go to the mizzou vs. Hog game for his birthday, the game sold out so we went early and held up our beggers fingers for two tickets.  My son noticed a guy holding up to tickets and we started walking his way, he was then flooded by people wanting the tickets, some were being very rudd and forcefull. He was obviosley confused who to sell them too.  Someone made the statement that he was trying to take the highest bidder.  I told him that it was my son's birthday and he sold us the tickets. face value was $25 each as I was handing him the $50 for the tickets, he said just give me a $20. Great guy and made my son's day.  Thanks to whoever it was who sold us the tickets.

Awesome I have done those kind of things in the past, Trust me it made his day as much as you and your son..  Great story.

hogfan1003

It is always nice to hear about ane ncounter like this, usually all you hear about is the opposite!  Props to the gentleman selling the tickets!

Rooster Hogburn

You are welcome. It was my pleasure.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

tahlahog

Thank You my Friend. It really made my son's day. God bless you.

popcornhog

Quote from: tahlahog on February 17, 2013, 03:25:39 pm

Good stuff.

Just for future reference, when a game is sold out you can always get tix on stubhub up until 2 hours before kick/tip off.
WPS

sage_dragoon

Had similiar situation occur for the MSU game 2 seasons ago, it was just me and the little one looking for tickets. he sold them to me at a discount and told my son to make sure I bought him a hotdog and coke with the extra cash.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

99toLife

Quote from: sage_dragoon on February 19, 2013, 05:01:54 pm
Had similiar situation occur for the MSU game 2 seasons ago, it was just me and the little one looking for tickets. he sold them to me at a discount and told my son to make sure I bought him a hotdog and coke with the extra cash.

Ha, That's my line when I do that! awesome.

Brand X Hog Fan

+1 to you for the guy that sold the tickets! Great story.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.