Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We lost to Missouri & Tennessee

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 18, 2015, 11:33:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Many post were moved to the trashcan and posters banned. 

We make it to the SEC title game and some believe we have a chance on a somewhat neutral court.

Arkansas is blown out and now Portis won't be drafted per his performance.

"North Carolina is one of the best rebounding teams in the country we may get blown out" Arkansas has 20 Offensive rbs UNC 17

Portis & Qualls leave...were only going to win 12-15.  (MA has never not won atleast 16 games in his coaching career)

If Mike can take a lineup of 2-3 stars into the tournament at UAB then surly a roster with 3-4 Star players some returning can manage 21 Wins.  "Ye of little faith"

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jrulz83

I think some of these people have Mad World playing on 24 hour loops.

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

dsgreen

onebadrubi

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 18, 2015, 11:59:19 am
What he said?

Maybe he meant Ole Miss.  I remember a bunch of "fire Mike" posts and one "let's get Gregg Marshall" post after that one.

jry04

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 18, 2015, 11:33:15 am
Many post were moved to the trashcan and posters banned. 

We make it to the SEC title game and some believe we have a chance on a somewhat neutral court.

Arkansas is blown out and now Portis won't be drafted per his performance.

"North Carolina is one of the best rebounding teams in the country we may get blown out" Arkansas has 20 Offensive rbs UNC 17

Portis & Qualls leave...were only going to win 12-15.  (MA has never not won atleast 16 games in his coaching career)

If Mike can take a lineup of 2-3 stars into the tournament at UAB then surly a roster with 3-4 Star players some returning can manage 21 Wins.  "Ye of little faith"

We didn't lose to Missouri, but you still make a good point.

Moses, Whitt, Kapita, Beard, and even Miles were highly recruited players. Bell was labeled a top 10 3 point shooter in the country by ESPN out of high school, so the potential is there if he can get some consistency. Even in our worst years we win 9 or 10 non-conference games. So those predicting us to win 12-15 are saying we likely win fewer than 5 or 6 SEC games. That is not happening. We will still be a middle of the pack SEC team. It will definitely be a tough season, but we will still likely win 18+, with potential for more if a lot of things fall into place.

3kgthog

1. I don't recall seeing anyone say BP won't be drafted. I do remember it being said that his stock probably dropped a little. Being projected from the back end of the lottery to the end of the first round should tell you that some teams have concerns.

2. We still lost to UNC. That's a pretty horrible comparison.

3. His Sweet 16 team at UAB featured 5 seniors and 3 juniors. Eddins had broken the UAB freshman scoring record the year before, Finley was All-Conference and had averaged 18.3 ppg, Taylor was a JUCO All-American, and Jones would've broken the UAB freshman scoring record if not for Eddins. Do we have any returning players remotely resembling that group? Heck no.

We might win 16+, but it'll be because we purposely water down the schedule this season and replace a handful of challenges with cupcakes. Quality wins will be few and far between.

jared72404

Quote from: jry04 on April 18, 2015, 12:06:39 pm
We didn't lose to Missouri, but you still make a good point.

Moses, Whitt, Kapita, Beard, and even Miles were highly recruited players. Bell was labeled a top 10 3 point shooter in the country by ESPN out of high school, so the potential is there if he can get some consistency. Even in our worst years we win 9 or 10 non-conference games. So those predicting us to win 12-15 are saying we likely win fewer than 5 or 6 SEC games. That is not happening. We will still be a middle of the pack SEC team. It will definitely be a tough season, but we will still likely win 18+, with potential for more if a lot of things fall into place.
I think you are pretty spot on with this post.

razortv

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 18, 2015, 12:47:49 pm
1. I don't recall seeing anyone say BP won't be drafted. I do remember it being said that his stock probably dropped a little. Being projected from the back end of the lottery to the end of the first round should tell you that some teams have concerns.

3. His Sweet 16 team at UAB featured 5 seniors and 3 juniors. Eddins had broken the UAB freshman scoring record the year before, Finley was All-Conference and had averaged 18.3 ppg, Taylor was a JUCO All-American, and Jones would've broken the UAB freshman scoring record if not for Eddins. Do we have any returning players remotely resembling that group? Heck no.

We might win 16+, but it'll be because we purposely water down the schedule this season and replace a handful of challenges with cupcakes. Quality wins will be few and far between.

What he said

Letsroll1200

Everybody in the SEC have to deal with some tough losses as it relates to players graduating or leaving early for pro ball. This staff will adjust and I suspect this will be one tough team. Beard, Belll and Kingsley will be better in both ends of the floor.

I loved Qualls but his defensive effort and intensity was inconsistent last year. MA and this staff have been questioned by so many posters on this board. You might not like him or the style of play but the results don't lie. Arkansas has improved every season under his leadership.

I'm looking for to next season because there want be a lot of stars on this ream but there will be a team that is competing for one another. Nobody will be trying to improve their draft position but the team will be the focus on winning.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 18, 2015, 12:47:49 pm

I guess you have seen the water down schedule!!!!

Tusks

I was in school with Darrel and Alvin......just for reference.

I couldn't be happier with the state of the BB program right now.  I love MA and I love him tweaking NR system and making it his own.  It's Razorback BB.

I think MA can eventually get the hogs back to the F4.  Considering how bad the program has been I'm going to happily give MA my support.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Wild Bill Hog