Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newest offer by Arkansas (Bam's a UK lean)

Started by FreshHog, April 15, 2015, 07:56:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshHog

http://247sports.com/Player/Edrice-Adebayo-22378

Reports are surfacing that Arkansas has offered Edrice Adebayo out of Pinetown, NC (Northside)

Would be a great pick up.

Hawg Red

2016, for those wondering. Not for this year.

Danny J

Another 2016 offer just proves to me that our staff was caught off guard by the 3 departures and that should not have been the case. We are all over 2016 recruits which means we believed we would have 5 spots to fill next year not thinking we would need 5 for the 2015 class. At this point I would seriously consider saving one or two spots for the 2016 class and get after them HARD and try to convince them that Monk is going to be a hog. That would help more than anything else.

jry04

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 08:01:07 pm
Another 2016 offer just proves to me that our staff was caught off guard by the 3 departures and that should not have been the case. We are all over 2016 recruits which means we believed we would have 5 spots to fill next year not thinking we would need 5 for the 2015 class. At this point I would seriously consider saving one or two spots for the 2016 class and get after them HARD and try to convince them that Monk is going to be a hog. That would help more than anything else.
Monk is the one who needs to do the convincing. If he commits to Arkansas, he will be able to spend his time at camps and all-star games recruiting for us. That could be more valuable than anything Mike does, in my opinion.

Danny J

Quote from: jry04 on April 15, 2015, 08:03:42 pm
Monk is the one who needs to do the convincing. If he commits to Arkansas, he will be able to spend his time at camps and all-star games recruiting for us. That could be more valuable than anything Mike does, in my opinion.
I agree.....we really really really need Monk and just as you mentioned not only on the floor in terms of production but because he can bring with him some really good talent that will be here for more than one year.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 08:13:26 pm
I agree.....we really really really need Monk and just as you mentioned not only on the floor in terms of production but because he can bring with him some really good talent that will be here for more than one year.

So you want him to come and be the head recruiter.
SEC!

Danny J

Quote from: MountieDawg on April 15, 2015, 08:19:21 pm
Yes but of course it will just be a honorary position.

code red

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 08:01:07 pm
This...I agree...next year is rebuilding for sure.  Problem is.  Its simple to recruit when you turn over your entire roster.  But....when your entire roster is 70% 2 players?  Its tough dang....we are going to struggle next year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Danny J

Quote from: code red on April 15, 2015, 09:39:58 pm
This...I agree...next year is rebuilding for sure.  Problem is.  Its simple to recruit when you turn over your entire roster.  But....when your entire roster is 70% 2 players?  Its tough dang....we are going to struggle next year.
There is no way around next year being a rebuilding year....none. It is for sure going to happen. I am a realist. There is no way we are going to sign two more difference makers that play immediately and start from day one. To be where we were this past season we have to replace both Qualls and now Portis. There are not two players out there we would even have a remote shot at getting that could come in and replace the production those two gave us. That is why I think we should NOT sign a couple of 3 star projects and a transfer who will have to sit out a year. I would take that transfer but we would need to sign a guy who has very good potential right out of the gate.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 09:45:21 pm
There is no way around next year being a rebuilding year....none. It is for sure going to happen. I am a realist. There is no way we are going to sign two more difference makers that play immediately and start from day one. To be where we were this past season we have to replace both Qualls and now Portis. There are not two players out there we would even have a remote shot at getting that could come in and replace the production those two gave us. That is why I think we should NOT sign a couple of 3 star projects and a transfer who will have to sit out a year. I would take that transfer but we would need to sign a guy who has very good potential right out of the gate.

Exactly. Can't waste a scholarship on a project at this point

Danny J

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 15, 2015, 10:02:12 pm
Exactly. Can't waste a scholarship on a project at this point
Nope....makes no sense especially when looking at the guys we are after in 2016.

"well....I wish we had a spot open for _______(highly rated 4 star guy who can do everything) but we were forced to sign __________(2015 3 star guy who was committed to NJIIC tech) just last year".

I say sign Frazier(not a given), then try and get Goss or King or both or if just one then save a spot for a 2016 guy and stay hard on those guys. Just my $.02

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 10:05:24 pm
Nope....makes no sense especially when looking at the guys we are after in 2016.

"well....I wish we had a spot open for _______(highly rated 4 star guy who can do everything) but we were forced to sign __________(2015 3 star guy who was committed to NJIIC tech) just last year".

I say sign Frazier(not a given), then try and get Goss or King or both or if just one then save a spot for a 2016 guy and stay hard on those guys. Just my $.02

I agree. 

I'm not 100% sold on Goss cause of Monk, Macon and Fisher, but no guarantee either of the 3 will sign, so if Goss wants to sign then sign him.

code red

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 09:45:21 pm
I totally agree....but.....MA extension?????  For sitting on his hands???  College basketball is crap right now.  The rich win...period.  Turn over the roster and sign the elite...that is the only way to have a shot.  Let's face it.  We got smoked by UK twice....it was not competitive.  MA....must must must MUST improve as a recruiter....or the Bud will be empty. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

WarPig88

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

Why go to Arkansas late in the game when a school like UNC has been after you for a while?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jesterzzn

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 16, 2015, 10:32:41 am
Why go to Arkansas late in the game when a school like UNC has been after you for a while?

Because in a year or two UNC may not have an athletic program?  I know I know, the NCAA takes care of its sacred cows, but UNC is under a microscope.  They can't afford to pay players at the moment.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 16, 2015, 10:32:41 am

Dumb question when things regarding recruiting can change in a millisecond................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: MountieDawg on April 15, 2015, 08:19:21 pm

Sure, and pay him about $300,000 like top assistant coaches.....

tigerinhogtown

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2015, 12:39:41 pm
Sure, and pay him about $300,000 like top assistant coaches.....
Pay that $300k to his brother and you'd likely have his John Hancock in no time. and it'd be legal.

TheRazorbackGuy

usf15cc

carolinahogger

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 16, 2015, 12:37:50 pm
Dumb question when things regarding recruiting can change in a millisecond................................

It is not a dumb question at all.  Is there some sort of family link to Arkansas?  If not, I put the chances of taking this kid from UNC/NC State/Kansas at about zero.

lefty08

Quote from: carolinahogger on April 18, 2015, 09:05:01 am
It is not a dumb question at all.  Is there some sort of family link to Arkansas?  If not, I put the chances of taking this kid from UNC/NC State/Kansas at about zero.

noted.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Swinesong1

Gotta love the fans on this board.

GuvHog

He would definitely be a pick up of epic proportions if Mike and his staff can pull it off.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Monk will not give a verbal commit until the Spring of 2016.

The 2015 openings seem to target SF types to complete this class.
2016 will be the year of guards and the connection's of Ferguson, Macon, Monk, Fisher
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Inhogswetrust

WHAT part of my post where I said "things can CHANGE in a millisecond" did you not understand?

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 16, 2015, 12:37:50 pm
Interesting...  So you are saying that all of a sudden established relationships and continued interest no longer matter to recruits.  Thanks for enlightening me to this late breaking development.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/