-Blu

Yep...

Probable starting lineup next year...

Beard
Whitt
Bell
Williams
Kingsley

With 3 scholarships available.  I hope the staff has something up their sleeves, otherwise it's NIT or bust.  And on top of that the SEC is much stronger now as well, it's possible we could finish near the bottom, on paper only teams we're probably for certain better than right now is Mizzou, Tennessee, and Alabama, maybe Miss State if they don't get Newman.

Gerald Gilber

Hannahs will help, Williams scares me every time he is in the game even though he played better this year, I think Trey Thompson will play well, but of course this is just my opinion
Can we play all our games at home????

hawginbigd1

Quote from: foodhog on April 15, 2015, 03:05:32 pm
Somebody better get to recruiting :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
+1 captain Obvious ;D

Hogimus Prime

Outside of Melvin Frazier, who is waiting on test score, what are some recruits the Hogs have a chance at getting that can actually help next year.  I know about King and Goss, but they are transfers and will have to sit out a year.

navyhog24

Kapita hasn't even qualified yet has he?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: -Blu on April 15, 2015, 03:14:59 pm
Yep...

Beard
Whitt
Bell
Williams
Kingsley

With 3 scholarships available.  I hope the staff has something up their sleeves, otherwise it's NIT or bust.  And on top of that the SEC is much stronger now as well, it's possible we could finish near the bottom, on paper only teams we're probably for certain better than right now is Mizzou, Tennessee, and Alabama, maybe Miss State if they don't get Newman.

NIT? That will be the goal with this team. This scenerio is more likely.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 15, 2015, 03:22:14 pm
Outside of Melvin Frazier, who is waiting on test score, what are some recruits the Hogs have a chance at getting that can actually help next year.  I know about King and Goss, but they are transfers and will have to sit out a year.

http://247sports.com/Player/Dikembe-Dixson-37398

Hogimus Prime

Hawg Red

Quote from: foodhog on April 15, 2015, 03:05:32 pm
Somebody better get to recruiting :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Never should have stopped.

hawginbigd1

Razorback_Mack

Yep...

Beard
Whitt
Bell
Williams
Kingsley

3 scholarships available?  Somebody leave besides P and Q?

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on April 15, 2015, 03:41:15 pm
3 scholarships available?  Somebody leave besides P and Q?
There's a 10-12 page thread about it.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Karma on April 15, 2015, 03:42:53 pm
There's a 10-12 page thread about it.
my bad babb, I forget about non contributors honestly. My mistake.

snoblind

Marshfieldhog

Better go out and find some men.  :P

Hawg Red

Quote from: snoblind on April 15, 2015, 03:46:15 pm
They didn't.

Oh, yes, they did. Recruiting dropped off substantially after the Kapita commitment. Picked up in the last month, but it's too late at that. You're just looking at scraps.

This staff most definitely pulled back on recruiting once they filled the two officially available spots, and that was a huge mistake. Portis had to be accounted for.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 15, 2015, 03:32:57 pm
Never should have stopped.

I'm with you on this.  Losing these caliber of players after the year we had no excuse not to bring in at least a top 20 class to replace it with.  We rarely heard names all throughout the year, and now we are in the late period with 3 scholarship available on signing day, that's not good at all.

Everybody knows I like CMA and always defend him when needed, but I can't defend that.  Hopefully, we're wrong and they had a plan in replace and we get some quality replacements.

But, as of now I'm thinking best case scenario is getting Nick King (eligible next year), Melvin Frazier qualifies and we add him, and get a grad transfer or JUCO that can come in and immediately contribute.

Großer Kriegschwein

Jimmy Whitt gonna see some PT. Early and often.
This is my non-signature signature.

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on April 15, 2015, 03:55:29 pm
I'm with you on this.  Losing these caliber of players after the year we had no excuse not to bring in at least a top 20 class to replace it with.  We rarely heard names all throughout the year, and now we are in the late period with 3 scholarship available on signing day, that's not good at all.

Everybody knows I like CMA and always defend him when needed, but I can't defend that.  Hopefully, we're wrong and they had a plan in replace and we get some quality replacements.

But, as of now I'm thinking best case scenario is getting Nick King (eligible next year), Melvin Frazier qualifies and we add him, and get a grad transfer or JUCO that can come in and immediately contribute.
How would King be eligible next year?

pfrg999

Well with Duke and Kentucky Putting 10 Kids in the Draft.. There is gonna be a mad scramble for warm bodies with basketball skills... Unless CMA can get some of the Stud unsigned or Grad Transfers.. It's Juco holdouts and HS Hopefuls... Anyway 2015 could be an average year for the Hogs....

FYI-  UK needs 4 more players and Duke needs 3....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

onebadrubi

We are in trouble next year, that will not be a secret.  We have to hope Beard, whitt, kinglsey, williams, and bell can elevate their games.  Losing Babb does not help either.

Danny J

Quote from: pfrg999 on April 15, 2015, 04:07:17 pm
Well with Duke and Kentucky Putting 10 Kids in the Draft.. There is gonna be a mad scramble for warm bodies with basketball skills... Unless CMA can get some of the Stud unsigned or Grad Transfers.. It's Juco holdouts and HS Hopefuls... Anyway 2015 could be an average year for the Hogs....
We will be right about where we were last year....maybe. I think we will likely be outside looking into the bubble. It really is hard to say until we see who CMA signs.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 04:05:14 pm

He means the 2016-2017, I'm sure.

pfrg999

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 04:10:51 pm
We will be right about where we were last year....maybe. I think we will likely be outside looking into the bubble. It really is hard to say until we see who CMA signs.

CMA will have to ABC  (Always be Closing)
1- D. Hannahs - RS junior - G
2- K. Miles - Senior - F
3- Manny Watkins - Junior - G
4  A. Beard - Soph - G
5 J. Williams - Senior - F
6 A. Bell - Senior - G
7 M. Kingsley - Junior - C/PF
8 J. Durham - Senior - G
9 Trey Thompson - Soph - C
10 J. Whitt - Fr - G
11 Ted Kapita - Fr - F

Beard/Durham/Whitt
Bell/Hannahs/Watkins
Williams/Miles
Kapita/Kingsley
Thompson

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

-Blu

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 04:05:14 pm

2016-2017.  I'm counting upcoming season as this year.

-Blu

Quote from: pfrg999 on April 15, 2015, 04:16:54 pm
Beard/Durham/Whitt
Bell/Hannahs/Watkins
Williams/Miles
Kapita/Kingsley
Thompson

No way Thompson is stating next year, Whitt is 3rd string, and Williams is starting at the 3 guard spot.  If all that happens, something went horribly wrong, and we're probably competing with Mizzou for last place.

Danny J

And I think that is where CMA shows his faults in recruiting. Many coaches are still out trying to sign guys and offering guys even if they are full because you never know what will happen. You must stay aggressive. You must have a contingency play. He may have one but I haven't seen it. I think CMA is afraid of looking bad and feeling he may do somebody wrong if he offers and stays on a guy and at the end doesn't have any room for him. You just have to understand that is part of it if you want to compete with the big boys.

Still though....we may end up getting a guy nobody has heard of or nobody thought we had a chance with. Putting two guys in the NBA that are both under-classmen, the development both have showed from year to year plus immediate playing time is a great selling point. If we can't go out and lock up another top 100 player even at this point in the game then we need to let an assistant go and go get one who can recruit.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 04:24:12 pm
And I think that is where CMA shows his faults in recruiting. Many coaches are still out trying to sign guys and offering guys even if they are full because you never know what will happen. You must stay aggressive. You must have a contingency play. He may have one but I haven't seen it. I think CMA is afraid of looking bad and feeling he may do somebody wrong if he offers and stays on a guy and at the end doesn't have any room for him. You just have to understand that is part of it if you want to compete with the big boys.

Still though....we may end up getting a guy nobody has heard of or nobody thought we had a chance with. Putting two guys in the NBA that are both under-classmen, the development both have showed from year to year plus immediate playing time is a great selling point. If we can't go out and lock up another top 100 player even at this point in the game then we need to let an assistant go and go get one who can recruit.

+1

razorbackchamps94

Yep...

Beard
Whitt
Bell
Williams
Kingsley

That lineup will win 15 games .. Max..

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: pfrg999 on April 15, 2015, 04:16:54 pm
CMA will have to ABC  (Always be Closing)
1- D. Hannahs - RS junior - G
2- K. Miles - Senior - F
3- Manny Watkins - Junior - G
4  A. Beard - Soph - G
5 J. Williams - Senior - F
6 A. Bell - Senior - G
7 M. Kingsley - Junior - C/PF
8 J. Durham - Senior - G
9 Trey Thompson - Soph - C
10 J. Whitt - Fr - G
11 Ted Kapita - Fr - F

Beard/Durham/Whitt
Bell/Hannahs/Watkins
Williams/Miles
Kapita/Kingsley
Thompson

We are no were near last yr with this group .. No inside scoring and if Bell is bricking 3's then no permetier  threat beside Hannas

jackflash

We put a lot of money into a new practice gym. Portis and Qualls leaving for the draft. Our style of play. I can't believe Mike couldn't recruit to this

reddogjcss

Time for the other boys to step,up. It's a team sport and the team has been carried by two players. Time for rest to grow up and show there stuff.

rzrbackramsfan

This is going to surprise a few but when I was at the lsu I saw trey Thompson absolutely lighting it up from just inside the perimeter.  He wasn't missing.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 15, 2015, 03:23:53 pm
Kapita hasn't even qualified yet has he?

If he has I missed it.

Marshfieldhog

I think Anderson rolled the dice and it came up snake eyes.

immahog

A thread full of scared grown men ready to jump off the cliff......relax
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

rude1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 15, 2015, 03:50:04 pm
Oh, yes, they did. Recruiting dropped off substantially after the Kapita commitment. Picked up in the last month, but it's too late at that. You're just looking at scraps.

This staff most definitely pulled back on recruiting once they filled the two officially available spots, and that was a huge mistake. Portis had to be accounted for.
Simple question, how do you know that any of that is true? It's amazing without privy to any information on what players are and are not being recruited or how heavily, that opinions can be formed that the staff "stopped recruiting". I mean unless there is an announcement of new player signing hours after the players announcement of leaving, I guess it means they have quit recruiting.

Fact is none of us know who they staff is looking at or what direction they are planning to go. I just know that a veteran staff will have a plan in place to address players leaving, so instead of recklessly accusing them of being caught with their pants down, I will just wait until the dust settles and form my opinion after I get to see the new product they put on the court next year. But that's just me.

lefty08

Quote from: rude1 on April 16, 2015, 05:55:20 am
Simple question, how do you know that any of that is true? It's amazing without privy to any information on what players are and are not being recruited or how heavily, that opinions can be formed that the staff "stopped recruiting". I mean unless there is an announcement of new player signing hours after the players announcement of leaving, I guess it means they have quit recruiting.

Fact is none of us know who they staff is looking at or what direction they are planning to go. I just know that a veteran staff will have a plan in place to address players leaving, so instead of recklessly accusing them of being caught with their pants down, I will just wait until the dust settles and form my opinion after I get to see the new product they put on the court next year. But that's just me.

It's not just you, I'm in the same boat. I didn't say it so eloquently abd got attacked, but I'm with you
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hawg Red

Why would you think that we have been recruiting top 100ish players this whole time and not hear a word about it? Why would you think that when we knew Jimmy Whitt and several other top 100 guards were being recruiting and then we heard NOTHING about any 2015 guard recruits after Whitt committed? It was no secret that we were recruiting Malik Dime. It was no secret that we were recruiting Ted Kapita. So why would we have some secret top 100 recruits up our sleeves now?

Face it -- the staff largely pulled back on recruiting serious talent when they go their primary targets. The only players we have been recruiting recently have been 3-star projects and a kid waiting to get an ACT score. If your best defense is "well, well, you don't know!!" then you don't have a defense. It's 2015. There are no real major secrets in the world of recruiting. Certainly not to the point of a school having multiple top 100 recruits lined up in mid April.

Hawg Red

Quote from: lefty08 on April 16, 2015, 06:59:40 am
It's not just you, I'm in the same boat. I didn't say it so eloquently abd got attacked, but I'm with you

Oh, quit crying. You didn't get attacked. Your logic got pressed and you didn't have any answers. It happens. Just own up to it and move on. We're all adults here. It's a healthy debate. It's fun.

lefty08

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 16, 2015, 07:02:08 am
Why would you think that we have been recruiting top 100ish players this whole time and not hear a word about it? Why would you think that when we knew Jimmy Whitt and several other top 100 guards were being recruiting and then we heard NOTHING about any 2015 guard recruits after Whitt committed? It was no secret that we were recruiting Malik Dime. It was no secret that we were recruiting Ted Kapita. So why would we have some secret top 100 recruits up our sleeves now?

Face it -- the staff largely pulled back on recruiting serious talent when they go their primary targets. The only players we have been recruiting recently have been 3-star projects and a kid waiting to get an ACT score. If your best defense is "well, well, you don't know!!" then you don't have a defense. It's 2015. There are no real major secrets in the world of recruiting. Certainly not to the point of a school having multiple top 100 recruits lined up in mid April.

Right on cue.....

Could it not be that we heard more about recruits when we actually had room?  Its possible MA and staff didn't want to push Bobby and Mike out the door by signing a couple more guys. I think the babb transfer caught them by surprise too.

Truth is we are all just guessing about these things, quit acting like you know more than anyone else on this board, it's nauseating
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

TNhawgfan

Yep...

Beard
Whitt
Bell
Williams
Kingsley

I don't want to name names  because that's a hogville no no, but there are 2 players in that scenario that are offensive liabilities and one who is terrible on defense...that lineup won't win a single road game all year
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hawg Red

Serious question for rude1 and lefty08 (and posters with similar thinking):

What would it take for the staff to NOT look like they got caught with their pants down here?

What kind of players would need to be brought in as replacements?

Do you not agree that it is smart, in today's game, to over-sign by at least 1 player due to the high turnover rates in across college basketball (we've had at least one transfer every season Mike has been here)?

lefty08

Quote from: TNhawgfan on April 16, 2015, 07:06:20 am
I don't want to name names  because that's a hogville no no, but there are 2 players in that scenario that are offensive liabilities and one who is terrible on defense...that lineup won't win a single road game all year

Possibly you could change all the "is's" with "was's"

Player development can help, Qualls should have taught us that

lefty08

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 16, 2015, 07:07:12 am
Serious question for rude1 and lefty08 (and posters with similar thinking):

What would it take for the staff to NOT look like they got caught with their pants down here?

What kind of players would need to be brought in as replacements?

Do you not agree that it is smart, in today's game, to over-sign by at least 1 player due to the high turnover rates in across college basketball (we've had at least one transfer every season Mike has been here)?

When you have 2 guys that can come back, you don't start signing replacements and make their minds up for them. Again, that's my take. The fact you think I'm wrong doesn't make it so

Hawg Red

Quote from: lefty08 on April 16, 2015, 07:10:16 am
When you have 2 guys that can come back, you don't start signing replacements and make their minds up for them. Again, that's my take. The fact you think I'm wrong doesn't make it so

Dodging the transfer part?

I'd also argue that you HAVE to sign a replacement when you have a kid that's projected as a rock-solid 1st round pick. They almost always go pro in that situation.

And you still haven't given an answer to any of those questions....why is that?

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: immahog on April 16, 2015, 05:45:43 am
A thread full of scared grown men ready to jump off the cliff......relax

What makes you think we have grown men on here?
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

RazorPiggie

I'll give you a +1 for this.

We should have known (or at least recruited like) Portis was leaving and Madden and Harris were graduating. IMO we should have already signed 3 in the early period and then if we have someone go early to the draft or transfer out we should fill what spots we needed in the spring.

latrops

Yep...

Beard
Whitt
Bell
Williams
Kingsley

Depending on Bell and Williams to start and/or get 20+ minutes a game is a recipe for a Pelphrey type season...and I don't mean the good one.

Bell is a fine off the bench shooter that can light it up pretty well when he is on.  But he is very inconsistent and doesn't do enough other things well to get many minutes when his shot isn't falling.  Williams is a fine off the bench energy and defense guy.  He provides little on offense and too often tends to be turnover/mistake prone.  Used correctly they are fine.  Depending on them for significant roles is very risky.