Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

Need a veteran guy who can rebound and play right now
Not sit out a year transfer. We need a rebounding defensive big man :razorback:

WarPig88

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2015, 02:44:33 pm

That has never played in this system and won't have another year to learn it.

Hawg Red

April 14, 2015, 02:53:20 pm #2 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:26:32 pm by Hawg Red
Quote from: WarPig88 on April 14, 2015, 02:51:01 pm
That has never played in this system and won't have another year to learn it.

Other schools play similar systems, but your point is taken. I guess we'll find out soon what Anderson's course of action is.

pfrg999

Right ;) That would be great to find a Graduate transfer Big man that can learn the offense and can come in a gel... How many of those are there?
Either CMA can land some of the unsigned Studs (and there are a few) or we will get the remnants of the Picked over Juco ranks or some more High School hopefuls.. Praying that we land a class of studs in 2016 when we lose 4 or 5 more?
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: pfrg999 on April 14, 2015, 03:24:21 pm
Right ;) That would be great to find a Graduate transfer Big man that can learn the offense and can come in a gel... How many of those are there?
Either CMA can land some of the unsigned Studs (and there are a few) or we will get the remnants of the Picked over Juco ranks or some more High School hopefuls..

If the later is the case then just save it til next year.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 14, 2015, 03:26:02 pm
If the later is the case then just save it til next year.

We're talking about a 7-8 player 2016 class if you want to start saving scholarships. That's not good. Need more balance.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 03:31:13 pm
We're talking about a 7-8 player 2016 class if you want to start saving scholarships. That's not good. Need more balance.

True but I don't see the since in signing a player to just sign a player.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 14, 2015, 03:34:18 pm

That's why the graduate transfer would be the best alternative. It opens up a scholarship after next season also.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 14, 2015, 03:34:18 pm

Agreed there. Don't need any Dee Wagner-type signings. Quality is limited at this juncture, too. Best case scenario (and still being realistic) is we get Nick King to transfer in, Melvin Frazier gets his ACT score and we sign him, and we snag a really good prep big. The last one, I have no clue on. The first two range from very possible to "could happen." Worried about Frazier getting his score. I think we only need to add two players that can play next season. Babb left because he wasn't going to play much, so that 3rd spot (assuming there is a 3rd spot) isn't so important to fill with a player immediately eligible. If Qualls comes back, I think we'd sign the best available forward and take Nick King. I actually getting Nick King is pretty crucial at this stage, even though he won't help us next season.

Hawg Red

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2015, 03:42:26 pm
That's why the graduate transfer would be the best alternative. It opens up a scholarship after next season also.

I think a grad transfer helps us stay competitive if Qualls returns. If he leaves, I don't see much point in it unless you can find two really good ones (unlikely). But I'm not on the coach, so we'll see. Hopefully Qualls does stay and a grad transfer is in my play.

MB Hog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2015, 02:44:33 pm
Magic 8-ball says "Ask again later"

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 03:31:13 pm

This has been my fear for a little over a year now and have mentioned here a time or two before.  If portis were to leave after his soph year (which happened) we are in a bind because the last two years we were not able to fill the recruiting spots more balanced.  Not completely anderson's fault but at some point he does have to buck the trend and trend it in the right direction. 

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 03:43:01 pm
Agreed there. Don't need any Dee Wagner-type signings. Quality is limited at this juncture, too. Best case scenario (and still being realistic) is we get Nick King to transfer in, Melvin Frazier gets his ACT score and we sign him, and we snag a really good prep big. The last one, I have no clue on. The first two range from very possible to "could happen." Worried about Frazier getting his score. I think we only need to add two players that can play next season. Babb left because he wasn't going to play much, so that 3rd spot (assuming there is a 3rd spot) isn't so important to fill with a player immediately eligible. If Qualls comes back, I think we'd sign the best available forward and take Nick King. I actually getting Nick King is pretty crucial at this stage, even though he won't help us next season.

I like the King/Frazier scenario. If Qualls leaves then someone like the big the coaches went to look at would be a good choice.

Darren DeLoach

Mike Thorne from Charlotte
Murphy or Mack from VCU

Longshots all...
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on April 14, 2015, 04:01:02 pm
Murphy or Mack from VCU

Longshots all...

Why longshots? They would be one of our stars on this team next year!

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2015, 04:01:48 pm
Why longshots? They would be one of our stars on this team next year!

Well Kentucky may be courting the graduate transfer from Charlotte. And for whatever reasons, it seems the brass at VCU HAVE NOT blocked these kids from following Smart to Texas. But they may have problems shuffling APR and scholarships at Texas. So we shall see.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Hawg Red

April 14, 2015, 04:25:19 pm #16 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:09:02 pm by Hawg Red
Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on April 14, 2015, 04:01:02 pm
Murphy or Mack from VCU

Longshots all...

I threw Thorne out there when it came out he was transferring and people scoff because he's 270. But, you're right, he does look like a longshot. He's visiting a lot of big dogs. Maybe he gives us a look now.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 04:25:19 pm
I through Thorne out there when it came out he was transferring and people scoff because he's 270. But, you're right, he does look like a longshot. He's visiting a lot of big dogs. Maybe he gives us a look now.

Thorne would be a star Razorback!

RockChalkJayhawk

Thorne has been to Pitt already.  He's scheduled to visit Kansas on the 22nd and Kentucky on the 24th.  He's also reported to be visiting Illinois.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

People keep saying system. What system?  I like Mike an all but what is this system y'all keep referring to?  We have a very fluid offense and very few guys that play defense. Seems like anyone would fit right in right?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on April 14, 2015, 11:57:14 pm
People keep saying system. What system?  I like Mike an all but what is this system y'all keep referring to?  We have a very fluid offense and very few guys that play defense. Seems like anyone would fit right in right?

+1 I think basketball is more than a system but bingo on your assessment

Big Nasty 34

Yeah, getting a big man conditioned may be biggest adjustment. Defensively we deny everything and switch all screens, so he needs to be able to try to guard guards. Offensively we run a motion offense. Wouldn't be too difficult to jump in and figure out.

RazorAg

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 15, 2015, 06:37:00 am
Yeah, getting a big man conditioned may be biggest adjustment. Defensively we deny everything and switch all screens, so he needs to be able to try to guard guards. Offensively we run a motion offense. Wouldn't be too difficult to jump in and figure out.

Yep, you mention components of the system, which is a defense dominated system. People that say we don't have a system either are refusing to understand or just don't understand.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: RazorAg on April 15, 2015, 12:44:46 pm
Yep, you mention components of the system, which is a defense dominated system. People that say we don't have a system either are refusing to understand or just don't understand.
Who Cares about system.... Get star players