NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament - 2015 Edition

Started by jbcarol, March 15, 2015, 07:00:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

2 pt game!!!

Madness

32.5 left

TO over - lets do it
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Cresthog

rhog1

God I love March Madness. Let's go Northeastern.

twistitup

riccoar

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

latrops

Quote from: twistitup on March 19, 2015, 01:17:07 pm
ND TO

Can't inbound

If someone weren't watching, they might not know if TO means timeout or turnover.

twistitup

jbcarol

Northeastern failed to get off a shot down 2
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

twistitup

Quote from: latrops on March 19, 2015, 01:18:46 pm
If someone weren't watching, they might not know if TO means timeout or turnover.

My bad-

Cresthog

THEY BLEW IT!!!!

How do you not get a shot there.

latrops

Northeastern down 2 with the ball with about 30 seconds left and don't even get a shot up.

RazorChuck

twistitup

passinghog

NE got greedy trying to get an open shot; looked like they were trying to get a wide open 3. Should have drove and tried to at least get a shot off.

latrops

Quote from: Cresthog on March 19, 2015, 01:19:44 pm
THEY BLEW IT!!!!

How do you not get a shot there.

Had no timeouts.  Gotta get the shot up early in that situation so you can foul in case you miss.  They butchered that last 25 seconds.

jbcarol

Final from Pitt

Northeastern 65  Notre Dame 69

Rawker

Someday the second around is going to be all the #1s and every team from 9-15 seeds.  Northeastern was VERY close, UAB is up on IAST, GAST is tied with Baylor, and that's just the very first games.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

jbcarol

Cresthog

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 19, 2015, 01:22:06 pm
Gotta keep an eye on Baylor too

Honestly not sure why people are picking this.

Baylor had some big time wins this year. And Georgia State is missing a guy with injury.

hoglady

Remember when UALR knocked off ND in I think 1986?
Oh - that was fun!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: jbcarol on March 19, 2015, 01:23:00 pm
How does ND match up with KU down the line?

Based on this performance.....not well!

jbcarol

Cresthog

Niang having a Bobby Portis SECT type day.

That shouldn't last.

Cresthog

ISU not hitting anything or rebounding anything.

hoglady

Quote from: latrops on March 19, 2015, 01:21:30 pm
Had no timeouts.  Gotta get the shot up early in that situation so you can foul in case you miss.  They butchered that last 25 seconds.

Too much dribbling - dribbled until they turned the dang ball over.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Cresthog on March 19, 2015, 01:23:03 pm
Honestly not sure why people are picking this.

Baylor had some big time wins this year. And Georgia State is missing a guy with injury.

Just saying it's a close game with the first half winding down
Go away, batin'

Atlhogfan1

High scoring teams are below their averages especially Iowa St.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

dhizzle

jbcarol

Round of 64 Games (Afternoon session)
Thursday, March 19

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Announcers: Brian Anderson, Steve Smith, Dana
Network: CBS
3:00 PM EDT Butler vs. Texas

Louisville, Kentucky
Announcers: Verne Lundquist, Jim Spanarkel, Allie LaForce
Network: truTV
In progress: Iowa State vs. UAB
Game 2: SMU vs. UCLA

Jacksonville, Florida
Announcers: Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Jamie Erdahl
Network: TBS
In progress: Baylor vs. Georgia State
Game 2: Xavier vs. BYU/Ole Miss

Portland, Oregon
Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner, Rachel Nichols
Network: TNT
In progress: Arizona vs. Texas Southern
Game 2: VCU vs. Ohio State

NaturalStateReb

Notre Dame  69
Northeastern  65  Final

Iowa State  53
UAB  51  3:47 2nd

Baylor 28
Georgia State  30 1:14 1st

Arizona 15
Texas Southern 2  14:23 1st
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Cresthog

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 19, 2015, 01:25:50 pm
Just saying it's a close game with the first half winding down

Did you pick them? I'm honestly just wondering? Lot's of people seemed to pick them and I don't really get it other than Kevin Ware thing and G state winning their tourney

jbcarol

jbcarol

Atlhogfan1

Poor coaching decision by Hoiberg.  Should have called a timeout when UAB had them pushed out to halfcourt in trying to set their offense. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbcarol

Cresthog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2015, 01:35:06 pm
Poor coaching decision by Hoiberg.  Should have called a timeout when UAB had them pushed out to halfcourt in trying to set their offense. 

They'll be alright. They've got 3 left and basically the last shot.

Cresthog

Got that backwards.

UAB can win this. damnit.

latrops

jbcarol

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Cresthog on March 19, 2015, 01:36:09 pm
They'll be alright. They've got 3 left and basically the last shot.

I would have used one of the 3 on their last possession. 

Cresthog

WOW.

Dear god this will ruin me. Completely ruin me.

jbcarol