Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ITS OFFICIAL: Mitch Mustain Documentary being narrated by Nolan Richardson....

Started by Est. 1981, April 18, 2013, 09:53:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Est. 1981

It's set to debut in May at the Little Rock Film Festival it also features ESPN's Joe Schad. Here's a link with an article about the film and it's release along with a new trailer. Should be an interesting film.

http://www.arkansasexpats.com/2013/4/17/4235832/trailer-for-mitch-mustain-documentary-premiering-at-little-rock-film
UofA Alumni 2007

weresoclose

^^^^ lol @ 1st post.

When is the Mal-a-zahn documentary coming out?  My favorite part would be his wife telling Armani Ronnie: "And Gus was like, shut up!"

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Est. 1981

Quote from: weresoclose on April 18, 2013, 10:29:18 am
^^^^ lol @ 1st post.

When is the Mal-a-zahn documentary coming out?  My favorite part would be his wife telling Armani Ronnie: "And Gus was like, shut up!"

What's so funny about my post there Wise@ss? Seen some of your BS on here don't think you really have much room to talk or a leg to stand on. Seen several of your posts just absolutely BASHED. You're full of yourself not a compliment either.
UofA Alumni 2007

DOGALUM

Quote from: Est. 1981 on April 18, 2013, 10:45:11 am
What's so funny about my post there Wise@ss? Seen some of your BS on here don't think you really have much room to talk or a leg to stand on. Seen several of your posts just absolutely BASHED. You're full of yourself not a compliment either.
I'm not defending weresoclose.....he's one of those bags that the dooooooosh goes in....whatever those are called.  But I'm thinking that he was not talking about your post. Think he was talking about the post from ndlomh.   

Lighten up Francis.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Est. 1981

Quote from: DOGALUM on April 18, 2013, 10:49:22 am
I'm not defending weresoclose.....he's one of those bags that the dooooooosh goes in....whatever those are called.  But I'm thinking that he was not talking about your post. Think he was talking about the post from ndlomh.   

Lighten up Francis.

Either way like I said he's a d@uche bag that everyone BASHES on here. There's nothing wrong with either post he's just a complete waste of space!!
UofA Alumni 2007

olivebranchhog

Anyways....sorry to intrude on the thread derail. Should be interesting. But, we already know good story. Shouldn't we be focusing on kids that weren't handed everything they wanted for  19 years? The first actual hard times this kid faced were over where he'd get his free education. Just shows we'll give anyone a documentary. Hope it surprises me.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

weresoclose

Why thank you DOGALUM.  Your opinion is appreciated! 

Ben Cleveland if I recall seemed to be the most tragic of them all (Springdale 5) what with the injuries and talent never realized after he, like the others, came to become Hogs together and were ran off or ruined by Hootie's Clown Posse.  Something got into the mind of the kicker, too, and a kid who didn't miss 50 yarders in high school all the sudden couldn't make 30 yarders in college. 

As for the trailer, the choice Nolan to be narrator makes 100% perfect sense!!

Oh and look below, there is Armani Ronnie right there offering his hand to Hogville at the bottom of the page!  Why did he let that woman do that to herself??  Lol his uncomfortableness was priceless.  Anyone have a link to that interview?  I lost it somewhere...

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Adam Stokes

At first I thought this was an old thread that had been posted on April 1st or something.  I was waiting for a "and Houston Nutt will be at the dunking booth in the hours leading up to the premiere."

weresoclose

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 18, 2013, 11:12:39 am
Who is doing the sound track? Just crickets?

Supposedly has an original score by someone.  I see that Fayetteville's favorite bartender Benji del Shreve has some original music on the soundtrack...

weresoclose

Quote from: Adam Stokes on April 18, 2013, 11:14:20 am
At first I thought this was an old thread that had been posted on April 1st or something.  I was waiting for a "and Houston Nutt will be at the dunking booth in the hours leading up to the premiere."

Hahahahahaha. 

DOGALUM

Quote from: weresoclose on April 18, 2013, 11:11:23 am
Why thank you DOGALUM.  Your opinion is appreciated! 

Ben Cleveland if I recall seemed to be the most tragic of them all (Springdale 5) what with the injuries and talent never realized after he, like the others, came to become Hogs together and were ran off or ruined by Hootie's Clown Posse.  Something got into the mind of the kicker, too, and a kid who didn't miss 50 yarders in high school all the sudden couldn't make 30 yarders in college. 

As for the trailer, the choice Nolan to be narrator makes 100% perfect sense!!

Oh and look below, there is Armani Ronnie right there offering his hand to Hogville at the bottom of the page!  Why did he let that woman do that to herself??  Lol his uncomfortableness was priceless.  Anyone have a link to that interview?  I lost it somewhere...
http://grammartips.homestead.com/sudden.html
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Hogfly

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 18, 2013, 11:12:39 am
Who is doing the sound track? Just crickets?

Film is being scored right now by Lendell Black, from what I understand. It will premier at the Little Rock Film Fest. Matt Wolfe is no hack, so it should be good.

Est. 1981

Quote from: Hogfly on April 18, 2013, 11:18:15 am
Film is being scored right now by Lendell Black, from what I understand. It will premier at the Little Rock Film Fest. Matt Wolfe is no hack, so it should be good.

Very good it states when it will premier in my OP and in the article. +1 sir. Captain Obvious.
UofA Alumni 2007

Hogfly

Quote from: Est. 1981 on April 18, 2013, 11:30:48 am
Very good it states when it will premier in my OP and in the article. +1 sir. Captain Obvious.

Sorry, I guess I was just trying to point out that it's evidently being scored currently, even though it premiers in like 3 weeks.

ofwgkta

Can't wait to see it. Hopefully it blows the doors off of hogville.

Again.

weresoclose

The butthurt is strong in this thread. 

Appropriate, since it is now taboo to support or reminisce the Springdale 5 or (and especially) Gus Mal-a-zahn. 

OTTER

Quote from: Est. 1981 on April 18, 2013, 11:30:48 am
Dang, relax.  He meant nothing by his post.  He mostly wanted to add info concerning the sound track.  That was almost a socloseinesque response and you're better than that.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

dacskc

Actually the trailer looked well-produced and interesting. One day, we will finally get to hear what actually happened, but I doubt most of us will hear too much new from this. Hopefully, in a few years, everybody involved will be interviewed in a neutral setting by a neutral party. The UofA/Nutt line is all we've heard publicly, Malzahn's not gonna talk anytime soon. (perhaps when he's through coaching he will.) I'm still waiting for someone with clout to characterize the FOIA investigation as something other than trying to catch Nutt texting Donna Bragg. Nobody in the media has ever taken the Hootie/Danny/TP texts to each other seriously. I doubt it's even brought up in this. I'd like to get some perspective on Mitch's mom. Was she REALLY a meddling busybody stage mom, or is that just the Nutt party line pushed to the media?

younghog

Wonder if the film will touch on MM drug sells.  i.e. prescription narcotics

just asking
GO HOGS

Justifiable Hogicide

Nolan Richardson to narrate it?
Uh oh. Then you can bet it won't portray the UA in a positive light.
Maybe even give ole Nolan one more public chance to gore his hated "white haired devil".
It is spilled milk, old "news", digging up bones, all minus/no plus, and not that interesting. I'll pass.

razorcash2

B501

Quote from: weresoclose on April 18, 2013, 11:43:28 am
Appropriate, since it is now taboo to support or reminisce the Springdale 5 or (and especially) Gus Mal-a-zahn.

josh_sec33

I still wonder why no one called Danny under the carpet as the circles were closing in on him, then he suddenly resigned for health reasons (thus his computer couldn't be FOI'd) but then was perfectly fine once they got to Ole Miss.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

dacskc

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on April 18, 2013, 12:44:08 pm
Maybe even give ole Nolan one more public chance to gore his hated "white haired devil".

From the clip I heard, Nolan is just talking about Mitch, not himself. His narration sounds good. I know he's done plenty of interviews (to say the least) which I suppose prepares you for this sort of thing, but he sounds like a pro, at least from the short clip.

dacskc

Quote from: josh_sec33 on April 18, 2013, 01:01:19 pm
I still wonder why no one called Danny under the carpet as the circles were closing in on him, then he suddenly resigned for health reasons (thus his computer couldn't be FOI'd) but then was perfectly fine once they got to Ole Miss.

Someone should do a Hogville Documentary where all these questions are answered. Maybe we can dig up Big Deal for the rebuttal.

flynhog

Since its official could someone remind me how it started, how it all turned out in the end, and why we should all worry about it anyway?

Im fairly certain someone will lose sleep over this.
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Wildhog

Someone actually made a mitch gotdamn mustain documentary?  GREAT. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogfly

Quote from: younghog on April 18, 2013, 12:42:15 pm
Wonder if the film will touch on MM drug sells.  i.e. prescription narcotics

just asking

Yes. It's in there.

younghog

Quote from: Wildhog on April 18, 2013, 01:16:55 pm
Someone actually made a mitch gotdamn mustain documentary?  GREAT. 

Goes in line with Robert Shields articles..

~seriously
GO HOGS

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogfly

It is spilled milk, old "news", digging up bones, all minus/no plus, and not that interesting. I'll pass.

I don't think that's the case at all, from what I know of the project. Matt Wolfe said that he and a friend were discussing narrators, and the friend said, "Would you rather have Nolan Richardson or Morgan Freeman narrate?" Matt realized that he'd choose Nolan hand's down, so then he began to try to make it happen. Bizarrely, Nolan agreed to do it (maybe to build up his voiceover resume?).

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

weresoclose

Calling All Hogs

I don't get the Identity Theft part. No one stole his name and went on to QB greatness.  Seems like a better title would be "The quick trigger fingering of Mitch Mustain."   :)

Hogfly

The strong reactions to this make it clear that Wolfe chose a good topic to film, heh.

I'm surprised at the the venom, but maybe this subject has just been beat to death here at HV.

Wildhog

Well, hope the film works out for you.  You couldn't pay me to watch it. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: Hogfly on April 18, 2013, 01:49:55 pm
The strong reactions to this make it clear that Wolfe chose a good topic to film, heh.

I'm surprised at the the venom, but maybe this subject has just been beat to death here at HV.

You don't understand.
1909/1964/1965/1977

LL COOL HOG

Why is there a need for a documentary? When do I get one for peeing my pants in Wal-Mart when I was 4 years old.

Wildhog

I do have a friend that's showing a film at the LR Film Festival.  It's called December 1982, and about an american boy with an Iranian pen pal during the revolution over there. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

TomasPistola

Rumors are swirling that the screening will be switched to an AMC theater because the seats were giving Mitch butt blisters.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Mike Irwin

You are completely off base about that. Nolan's interest has nothing to do with the U. of A. In fact he was never mad at the U. of A. He had issues with Frank, John White and at least one BOT member. None of those people are decision makers at the U of A and these days he has no issues whatsoever with the athletic department, school administration or any BOT members.

As far his his interest in Mitch's situation that goes all the way back to 2006 when it had become obvious that Mitch had been benched by Nutt and would stay benched.

I ran into Nolan before the SEC championship game and he asked me what was going on with Mitch. I told him what I knew. He said to me (paraphrasing because it's been a while), I didn't think anything about the kid getting benched at first because I did that all the time with rookies. Sometimes they just need to sit a while and watch. But at some point you have to put them back in. If you don't you'll destroy whatever confidence they have left.

Nolan went on to say that when Mitch stayed on the bench he knew that it was not a football issue but something personal with Nutt toward Mustain.

Bottom line, he thinks the kid got screwed because of Nutt's massive ego.

My own view, based on conversations I've had in the last few months with some of Frank's closest supporters, is that there was a belief by them that Frank needed to retire. White was after him and they knew it was only a matter of time until he got Frank.
The man was in his early 80's. He did not wield the power he once had and his decision making had dropped off.

The plan was to hire Gus, win the SEC two or three years down the road, convince Nutt to take Frank's job for the good of the program, and make Gus the head coach.

Nutt was well aware of this plan. He hated the idea. His goal in 2006 was to win enough games to avoid getting fired and then figure out a way to demote Gus and either take over the play calling again or hire somebody for that job that he could control.

Guess what? His plan worked perfectly.

My issue with Nutt is, he should have told the boosters pushing Gus to buzz off. If you don't like my staff fire me but you're not telling me who to hire.

Instead he did what they asked and in the process of getting rid of Malzahn he and his supporters blamed the whole mess on Mustain and his mother.

They were both easy targets.

Mitch is an introvert who doesn't live, eat and breathe football. Off the field he tends to go his own way. It was easy to turn that into, he's a self centered jerk who wants his own way.

Beck Campbell is actually a fairly low key person but if she thinks you're trying to mess with her or her kids she will get nasty in a heartbeat. She had that reputation in Springdale. Those that know her will tell you that raising her kids as a divorced mom she felt she had to be the mom and the dad of the family. At times the "dad" had to get into people's faces.

Stories were being spread about her when Mitch was a junior in high school. I know. I heard these stories from Nutt's supporters.

The main rumor was very clear. Wherever Mitch played his mom was going to be there controlling things.

Really?

Then how is it that he went to USC and she continued to live in Arkansas? How is it that the entire time he was a USC she had one conversation with Pete Carroll?

Ask any of them if Beck Campbell tried to run the team?

In a nutshell (pardon the pun) Nutt and Gus were involved in a power struggle. Mitch Mustain and Ben Cleveland (who also got caught up in this mess) paid the price for that struggle.

Seven years after the fact that stuff is still outrageous.

Wildhog

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 18, 2013, 01:58:30 pm
Rumors are swirling that the screening will be switched to an AMC theater because the seats were giving Mitch butt blisters.

Hell, you'd think he'd be used to sitting by now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogfly

Also, for those who care and to echo some of Mike Irwin's comments about Beck Campbell:

She's not involved in the documentary and declined to participate in any way, shape, or form (at least that's what I've been told).

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 18, 2013, 02:04:52 pm
You are completely off base about that. Nolan's interest has nothing to do with the U. of A. In fact he was never mad at the U. of A. He had issues with Frank, John White and at least one BOT member. None of those people are decision makers at the U of A and these days he has no issues whatsoever with the athletic department, school administration or any BOT members.

Q: Do you think this Nutt/Mustain/Broyles/Malzahn "documentary" will portray the UA in a positive light?

If not, why would Nolan Richardson agree to be the narrator of such a thing?

The Marmot

This should garner a ton of attention and dollars from the tens of dozens of people who still care about this story.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: The Marmot on April 18, 2013, 02:22:09 pm
This should garner a ton of attention and dollars from the tens of dozens of people who still care about this story.

All 10 of them seem to still post on hogville.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.