Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long selected as one of top ADs

Started by Karma, August 17, 2017, 02:45:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 27, 2017, 03:38:49 pm
Since 2005 Iowa is 87-61 overall and 3-7 in bowls, so on average they go 7-5 and lose a bowl game.  For anyone who would be fine with being Iowa, that's the bar.

Apparently that is a significant portion of our fan base these days.  They may not admit it, but try suggesting what we are getting and have gotten for the last half decade is unacceptable and they will not only argue with you, but make it sound like you are the "hater".

We have somehow evolved to the point that highly paid executives' careers are to be more protected and valued than the program itself. 

Ok, you got an answer that does not involve changing the coach and/or ad every 4 years?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2017, 11:12:17 am
Ok, you got an answer that does not involve changing the coach and/or ad every 4 years?
EastexHawg: Bobby
All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

ATU HOG

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 28, 2017, 08:37:21 am
If it is unacceptable for you then give up, quit donating, quit buying season tickets and quit posting on here and go root for Bama. I bet you don't donate much if any or but season tickets.
It's ridiculous that this is a comparison.  Donating lots of money and buying season tickets doesn't make anyone more of a fan or less of a fan.  It just means you have the capability/choose to spend your money toward the Razorbacks.  I think it's awesome that you do that.  But we shouldn't slam the people for being a fan and being disappointed with some of the results and compare it to how much money they donate.  The way I became a hog fan, my dad's best friend, went to maybe one game a year in LR if they were lucky.  They didn't have the money to travel, donate, etc.  but to this day he's the biggest hog fan I've ever met.  He's a reason I went the U of A to begin with.  He's the reason showed any interest in being a Razorback.  How much money you donate/spend toward the hogs doesn't make you any more or less of a fan.

I'm pretty fed up with being average.  I want to see the hogs compete at the highest level possible, and I believe that it's very possible.  We live in such an instant gratification world now, that it's hard to be patient and let things build.  People are trying to be patient with the process of CBB.  There are times when we've shown great flashes, then there are times when we repeatedly make the same mistakes.  It's year 5 and it's time to take the next step forward.  We need to see 9 to 10 wins and show some promise that we can compete nationally.

hogsanity

Quote from: ATU HOG on August 28, 2017, 12:48:18 pm
It's ridiculous that this is a comparison.  Donating lots of money and buying season tickets doesn't make anyone more of a fan or less of a fan.  It just means you have the capability/choose to spend your money toward the Razorbacks.  I think it's awesome that you do that.  But we shouldn't slam the people for being a fan and being disappointed with some of the results and compare it to how much money they donate.  The way I became a hog fan, my dad's best friend, went to maybe one game a year in LR if they were lucky.  They didn't have the money to travel, donate, etc.  but to this day he's the biggest hog fan I've ever met.  He's a reason I went the U of A to begin with.  He's the reason showed any interest in being a Razorback.  How much money you donate/spend toward the hogs doesn't make you any more or less of a fan.

I'm pretty fed up with being average.  I want to see the hogs compete at the highest level possible, and I believe that it's very possible.  We live in such an instant gratification world now, that it's hard to be patient and let things build.  People are trying to be patient with the process of CBB.  There are times when we've shown great flashes, then there are times when we repeatedly make the same mistakes.  It's year 5 and it's time to take the next step forward.  We need to see 9 to 10 wins and show some promise that we can compete nationally.

and your answer if they dont " show some promise that they can compete nationally " ( whatever that defines that )?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ATU HOG

Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2017, 12:52:18 pm
and your answer if they dont " show some promise that they can compete nationally " ( whatever that defines that )?
Then the answer is to move the program in a different direction.  The definition can vary, but we all know the teams that are in thick of things and the teams that aren't.  A good start to defining that for us, is to be in those conversations.

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2017, 11:12:17 am

The coach is in his 5th year.  We have been told over and over that he will get at least this year and next year, so that makes 6.  The AD has been on the job for 10 years.  Why would you say 4 years?  To make a (an irrelevant) point?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 28, 2017, 04:06:13 pm
The coach is in his 5th year.  We have been told over and over that he will get at least this year and next year, so that makes 6.  The AD has been on the job for 10 years.  Why would you say 4 years?  To make a (an irrelevant) point?
Because you've been bitching since year 1?  Since Bobby was fired?
All Gas, No Brakes!

gchamblee

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 28, 2017, 04:13:33 pm

lol beat me to it

hogcard1964

Wouldn't that have been Slappy McSmiley's year?

EastexHawg

If that were true you would think that would be long enough to prove me wrong. 

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 28, 2017, 08:37:21 am
If it is unacceptable for you then give up, quit donating, quit buying season tickets and quit posting on here and go root for Bama. I bet you don't donate much if any or but season tickets.

I have been a Hog Fan since the Bowen Wyatt years when we ran the single wing. I will be a Hog fan until my last breath. However, this Hog Fan will never be happy with, or accept mediocrity. I have absolutely no influence over anyone that has the power to change things so all I can do is wish things were different or complain about the losses.

Yes, sometimes I envy other programs that are successful because at one time we were that program. Personally, I detest fans that tell other fans to go root for another team simply because they may have made a favorable comment regarding that team.

I could simply say to you, why don't you go root for Rice, Tulane or Tulsa if you are happy with average. But I hope you never leave as a Hog Fan because we need all the fans we can get regardless of our differences in expectations.

LZH

Quote from: ATU HOG on August 28, 2017, 12:48:18 pm

This is a helluva post. Good job cuz.

axharbor

Hogwild

Boy, from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than 3 months.